S7E or 6P

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I know this is the S7 forum but if the 6P had ip68 water resistance and the S7s canera, would you choose the 6P over the S7/edge ?

Posted via the Android Central App

BIG CAT 7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I would still take the S7 Edge. I have had the 6P and although it is a nice phone it's too damn big and I just am not a fan of Vanilla Android. But to each their own.

optimummind

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I know this is the S7 forum but if the 6P had ip68 water resistance and the S7s canera, would you choose the 6P over the S7/edge ?

Nope. Don't like its design. I think it's fugly. Also, it's too big & don't like the FPS on the back (I have a Nexus 5x).

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Both are great phones. 6p is completely vanilla, not a lot of extra features, and it's Huge.

7 edge is much more hand friendly for a screen that's about the same size as the 6p. It also has tons of features.

Go to best buy and handle both. I'm sure you'll be happier with the 7e.

jinzen

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Nexus has a Snap 810, no wireless charging, huge size, inferior front and rear camera, and a display that maxes at 350nits (dim outside). But it has fantastic Android.

S7 Edge has a Snap 820 and better hardware all around, bright display. And horrible Touchwiz w/ a dose of horrendous Samsung update support.

I personally would rather have iOS in the S7 Edge hardware, so here's hoping the iPhone 7 blows everything out of the water.

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site

No.

Posted via the Android Central App via a kicking Gold Galaxy S7 Edge.

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I have both the 6P and the edge, just wanted others opinions... i like the 6P stock android but every other thing else about the edge. Some parts of touchwiz are too ugly, but im loving the edge so far, as a whole the S7 is the greatest phone to ever exist

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Go to best buy and handle both. I'm sure you'll be happier with the 7e.

I considered getting an edge as a secondary phone (i have a 6P) during the bogo promo (my wife had a S7), but I found the edge to be an ergonomic nightmare. Within the short time using it, I was getting constant touches on the edge screen from the pad of my palm. I was more or less forced to use it two-handed... So I passed and grabbed another S7 to sell.

The S7 is really quick, but I prefer the more fluid feel of the Nexus. Just have grown used to it and the occasional jank in the S7 is noticeable when I use hers.

As for the camera, that's the primary reason I replaced her G4 with the S7... She's a point and shoot user, so the S7 will pretty much assure her off getting a great picture. Man, the thing focuses quick. I pay a little bit not attention to setting up my shots, and the 6P gives the better results... The S7 processes things a bit too much.. While sharper, it's artificially so. They aren't as clean and true to the actual scene I'm capturing.

But that's only when looking at things with a very critical eye. Both still take better pictures than anything else I've comes across, though, and I'm positive she'll really appreciate that. But I don't have any reason to move off the 6P.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I really have no ill will towards my Nexus 6P .. But .. Samsung did an amazing job on the phone. I have to give it to them.

jinzen

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
iOS software on anything is the worst. I don't want a locked down system that tells me how it should work, I want a system that let's me tell it how I want it.

Disagree. iOS is up to date, secure. Is insanely efficient and insanely fast, gets the same battery life with 1/2 the battery size.

Or - buy an S7 Edge, attempt to disable everything that is junk or bloat, and try to get good battery life, deal with bugs like SD card constantly ejecting etc.

An S7 Edge with its superior front and rear camera, great build quality display and body size, 4gbs of RAM etc.. would be perfect if it had iOS on it.

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Disagree. iOS is up to date, secure. Is insanely efficient and insanely fast, gets the same battery life with 1/2 the battery size.

Or - buy an S7 Edge, attempt to disable everything that is junk or bloat, and try to get good battery life, deal with bugs like SD card constantly ejecting etc.

An S7 Edge with its superior front and rear camera, great build quality display and body size, 4gbs of RAM etc.. would be perfect if it had iOS on it.

I agree... I own a 6s as well. It's efficient, clean... and somewhat boring. The edge has a ton more features, but I end up obsessing over battery life and trying to make it more energy efficient. And this is with a 3600 mah battery. With the 6s... it literally sips energy with a battery half the size. I don't know if IOS on Edge hardware is the ideal. The ideal would be for Android to bridge the gap in power efficiency.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I would have to disagree with your points on the S7 Edge. I only disabled like 4 things (like Lookout protection) and get amazing battery life. I have no bugs at the moment to report.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11