Speech to text problem!!

Peter SGS7

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys

I am the proud owner of the new galaxy s7 edge. ( went from iphone 6) I am pretty impressed so far, with most of what this phone has to offer ;-)

I do have som questions regarding what I had thought, this phone had equivalent of the iPhone.

I was a great user and very impressed with Siri on my previous device, especially with the speech to text function.
I am I bit confused with the equivalent function on my new galaxy S7. My native language is Danish and every time I want to speak my teksting in a sms it always says 'offline mode unavailable' and I am connected with 4G. And i cannot download the offline mode because my language (Danish) it is not listed on the offline list for download.
It seems there is something blocking the Phone Internet access in my language :-/

Is it right that Google hasn't developed speech to text in danish yet??

I really hope someone can help me :)

Thank you

Posted via the Android Central App galaxy S7 Edge

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I can't give you an absolute answer, however I note that the Google Translate app is able to download Danish for offline use.

On the other hand, offline Danish is not available in any of the keyboard apps I have tried - Google keyboard, Swiftkey, etc.

This on a Nexus 6P running Marshmallow 6.0.1.

Peter SGS7

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Hey thanks for the answer :) both swiftkey and the Samsung integrated keyboard support danish typing :) I just don't get why it keeps saying offline when I am typing in Danish...

Then I can switch instantaneously to English and it works :-/

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hey thanks for the answer :) both swiftkey and the Samsung integrated keyboard support danish typing :) I just don't get why it keeps saying offline when I am typing in Danish...

Then I can switch instantaneously to English and it works :-/

When you are typing in Danish, or when you are trying to use speech-to-text?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech