Firmware Update - S7e on Verizon

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Finished and all okay. It took 12% off my battery and had to wait for my SD card apps to sync, but otherwise see nothing outside the norm. Hopefully this will help those who were having issues with wifi.

wxman2003

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm always scared of these updates. :-\
Kind of like what Apple did with 9.3. They had to pull it. It was messing up the 5S and older phones. If you had bought a used 5S and updated the phone, the bad upgrade required the original owners apple ID and password to reactivate it. It basically bricked the phone. Didn't matter if you had already activated it and were using your Apple ID and password. What a mess they have right now. Many unhappy people with used phones.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Only thing I noticed is that a few times since the update when I flicked on my phone, there was a message on my screen that said sorry can't connect at this time even though it was connected.

Posted via the Android Central App

aha

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
There were someone reporting problems with their home WiFi when s7 edge is connected to it, did this update fix that?

cdjohnson25

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
I've never had this issue

Yeah both my wife and I were sitting in the Mesa airport waiting on the delayed flight last Friday. My old S4 connected right away to the airport's wifi. However, both my wife's S7 and my S7E would NOT connect to the WiFi.

At home, the WiFi connection was also very slow. Once I turned off BT, the Wifi on both phones starting working as expected.

After yesterday's update, the WiFi is working as expected with BT on. Issue appears to be fixed for our phones.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
There were someone reporting problems with their home WiFi when s7 edge is connected to it, did this update fix that?
I believe it was supposed to fix that. I had read these reports but never had the issue. Or, rather never noticed it happen.

ZMc1834

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm still having WiFi problems since the update. I've rebooted my phone and router with no success. I see it across multiple WiFi locations.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital