Hi there. I'm the kind of guy who doesn't like apps overstepping their bounds when it comes to privacy. I don't like things like snap chat trying to use my location, or the s voice app constantly listening to what I'm saying and trying to figure out if I've given it the "wake up command." I think we live in a world where we are slowly losing our privacy, and not noticing it, or not caring. But who cares what I think, that's just some background info. Given my mindset, I am a little puzzled about why my dictionary app (built into the phone) wants me to grant it the ability to make phone calls. What's the reason behind this?

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-25-2016 10:56 PM
    Probably so it can match against names in the address book.
    03-26-2016 08:34 AM
    Hi there. I'm the kind of guy who doesn't like apps overstepping their bounds when it comes to privacy. I don't like things like snap chat trying to use my location, or the s voice app constantly listening to what I'm saying and trying to figure out if I've given it the "wake up command." I think we live in a world where we are slowly losing our privacy, and not noticing it, or not caring. But who cares what I think, that's just some background info. Given my mindset, I am a little puzzled about why my dictionary app (built into the phone) wants me to grant it the ability to make phone calls. What's the reason behind this?

Posted via the Android Central App
    I'm with you Mike. The reply about it wanting to match your contacts has nothing to do with it requesting the monitoring or making of phone calls. Forget that business but if I can't edit my dictionary that kinda stinks! Maybe we have to edit the dictionary thru settings instead of thru the text feature. I don't know. Wish I did.
    09-19-2016 09:24 PM