Slow finger print reading?

johnj2803

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that touching my home button doesn't really unlock fast. I wait maybe a second or two. Unlike the iPhone it unlocks like instantly.

I'm asking not to trol this thread onto an iPhone vs Samsung thread. I just want to know if this is normal so I can take it back and have it replaced.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
If you are talking about the time it takes from a sleep mode to pressing the home button and then unlock, then, there's actually an issue with some SD cards that is causing an unnormal delay in the process. If you are taking just about the time it takes after you have your home screen to unlock the phone, no, there shouldn't be any delay, it may not be as fast as the iPhone but it's close, not normal to take even a second, just fractions of it.

If you think that it may be also the SD card issue, try removing the SD card and see for yourself how different it is, again, only if that's the case. With a widespread issue like this one, the good news is that a fix can arrive at any moment.

Last edited:

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
If my screen is on, but locked, it takes maybe half a second to unlock. From screen off, maybe a second to power on and unlock.

Do you have an SD card on the phone? If so, remove it and see how faster it unlocks compared to the time it takes with the SD card, it seems that is affecting just some cards, it's not with all cards. I just tried this with my S7 and my S7 edge and both are as fast or a little faster than my Note 5 unlocking but once I use my Samsung Pro Micro SD card on it, it gets slower an obvious lag with the screen off.

There is a whole thread about it over the XDA forums.

MartinMPL

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
It's fast, the only difference between this and the Nexus 6P/5X is because you have to press the home button - in my opinion.

Also, I did some sanding yesterday and my fingers are a little bit in ruins. The scanner isn't working today - I guess a win for security!