S7 Edge Randomly dismounting 200GB Sandisk Card

BJB1

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I have had an S7 Edge for about a week now. Pretty happy overall but one strange thing is happening with my memory card.
I have the Sandisk 200GB card. It recognizes it (in fact every reboot it "reminds you" that it is there with a notification. My s5 never did that.

So it is there, recognized, and files show up. The first time you start up the camera it recognizes it and switches to it which I like.

Here is the issue. For some random reason at some point, the phone does not "see" the Sd card or at least the files on it.
If I go into gallery (I have a bunch of photos and music on there) usually of course I see all the images on the card and the few in internal memory. When it loses the card, it is surprising to say the least as there is almost nothing there!

If I go to the "my files" app when the phone is in this state, it scarily shows the SD card and says "no files".

Okay....so I restart the phone, and every the time the card shows up with all folders and files on it. I've only noticed this 2 or 3 times but it is annoying to say the least.

Any suggestions? When this happens I get no notification or anything. I just know a few times when I want to see something on the card, or worse take an image or video and store it on the card, it is not there.

Any thoughts? Anything I can check next time this happens?
Thanks,

BJB1

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
First thing and you'll think it's stupid but double check that the Sim/SD cards tray is all the way in, flat with the frame, there are already reports of people with similar issues (including me the first day) that didn't realize that the tray wasn't completely flat with the frame, most of the time because of the SD and/or the Sim cards not in correct position on the tray.

Once I pushed the tray a little further it's flat now with the frame and I haven't seen the error anymore, the same with other users.

BJB1

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks all. Wow, checked out that other thread and the issue is a little different. I only get the notification on restart. But it silently unmounted at times.

Think I'll just sit tight until this is figured out.
Bjb1

Last edited: