Is anyone else having the issue where personal notification tones do not work? I created text sounds for individual friends and family, but they do not play when I get texts. The default sound plays fine for those that don't have custom tones.
    03-26-2016 05:42 PM
    Working for me. Are you using the built-in notification sounds, or ones you loaded onto the phone? If they're ones you added, where did you put them? I've had problems on other phones if the sounds were on the SD card. Make sure they're in the Notifications folder on the phone itself.
    03-26-2016 10:54 PM
    I've tested it and using both built-in and the ones I've added (which are on the phone itself). As of now, it's only a problem for text messages. Every other app is perfectly fine, but I can't get notifications for texts. I've been up and down the settings and tested everything, but nothing works.
    03-29-2016 03:48 AM
    Might be a dumb question, but have you moved the text sounds from your sd card to phone storage > notifications folder? It works for me. Some don't have to do this as the phone recognizes the notifications on the sd card. Good practice to put your personal tones in a notifications folder - one for ringtones and the other for notifications with notifications folder being the parent. Hope that makes sense.
    03-29-2016 06:46 AM
    Actually, I figured out the problem with Samsung's help. And this is one of the reasons why I dislike bloatware.

I have Verizon. The Galaxy S7 comes with their version of text messaging called "Message+." I didn't like it, so I put the default message app to the Samsung stock version.

And THAT was the problem. When I disabled Message+, the notifications stopped. When I made Message+ the default again, the notifications came back. It's aggravating to have to use Verizon's version but, for now, it fixed the problem.

So, if anyone else has Verizon and has the same issue, check what the default is. I'm hoping there's a way around it, but, for now, it will have to do.
    03-29-2016 05:59 PM