As I spend more time with these devices I can't help but think that every one agrees the shape is amazing for both S7 and S7 Edge, but it seems unanimous that finger prints and the glass just gets gross on the back. Sure a case solves that issue butnit does make me think.

How great would it be if Samsung left everything as is but moved away from a glass back and into an aluminum back retaining all the best they brought this year.

Here for hoping
    flintlock likes this.
    03-27-2016 10:13 AM
    That would kill off the wireless charging.

Did you keep the edge or swap it for the S7?
    03-27-2016 10:15 AM
    I don't mind the glass back. To me it doesn't matter what the phone is made out of. It matters how the device feels. I expect my phone to feel solid in the hands.

Sometimes the phone can be aluminum and still not feel good to me. I think the s7 edge feels great in the hand myself. I had the 6p and the iPhone as well which weren't bad. Just real slippery.
    03-27-2016 10:21 AM
    I like the materials in the s7 edge. I hated the one m8 and it's super slippery heavy design.
    03-27-2016 10:56 AM
    I'd rather it this way. I am enjoying wireless charging.
    B0omSLanG likes this.
    03-27-2016 12:11 PM
    An all-metal design would make wireless charging impossible.

Unless they use whatever Qualcomm did, but so far, no one has put it on a phone yet.
    03-27-2016 12:50 PM
    I think durability outweighs wireless charging. I like the idea of just laying it down on a pad but it doesn't break my arm to plug in--lazy as i am.
    03-27-2016 12:58 PM
    Metal back same shape with wireless charging would be great. There are ways wireless charging could be done but it have to work well and while the phone still looks fantastic.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-27-2016 02:36 PM
    Let's see what the iPhone 7 comes up with for wireless charging.
    03-27-2016 06:17 PM
    Let's see what the iPhone 7 comes up with for wireless charging.
    Looks like Apple will be going back to glass back and adding wireless charging, but not until next year according to recent reports, this year more of the same.
    03-27-2016 06:51 PM
    Looks like Apple will be going back to glass back and adding wireless charging, but not until next year according to recent reports, this year more of the same.
    The reports are that 2017 will see the major design change, which doesn't make sense. 2016 will see the iPhone 7. The following year is the iPhone 7S. Apple usually doesn't make any design changes with the S models. So if it does occur in 2017, it would have to be something other than a 7S plus.
    03-27-2016 07:00 PM
    Well, 2017 is 10 year iPhone anniversary, so could be the reason.
    03-27-2016 07:09 PM
    Glass back, metal frame, curved back and screen, OLED display, wireless charging. Sounds like Apple will build a Samsung Galaxy clone. Who's copying who?

Apple May Launch 5.8-Inch OLED iPhone With Curved Glass Casing and Screen in 2017 - Mac Rumors
    03-27-2016 08:38 PM
    Metal back same shape with wireless charging would be great. There are ways wireless charging could be done but it have to work well and while the phone still looks fantastic.

Posted via the Android Central App
    You're simply not going to get wireless charging through a metal back. There would have to be a glass, plastic, ceramic or other non-metallic insert. Notice there are no metal unibody phones with wireless charging.

I think durability outweighs wireless charging. I like the idea of just laying it down on a pad but it doesn't break my arm to plug in--lazy as i am.
    Then buy a different phone. Seriously. There are multiple phones with metal chassis available, and 2 more coming next month. There are plenty of choices, and if not having a glass back is such an important consideration then the Galaxy clearly isn't the right choice for you. No phone is going to satisfy everyone.
    03-27-2016 08:39 PM
    Depends on the person. I'd rather just put a case on the phone and keep wireless charging. It isn't about being hard to plug in.. It's the convenience of laying it where I always do when I get home and it just charges.. And if I need to leave I just pickup and walk away.
    03-27-2016 09:39 PM
    Depends on a lot... the design, the quality of the aluminum. I'd take this design over the iPhone's design/material for instance, even without wireless charging.
    03-27-2016 11:13 PM