View Poll Results: Wait or pull the trigger?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pull the trigger on the S7e

12 34.29%
  • Wait for the Note 6 if your phone can make it. Then weigh your options.

23 65.71%
04-15-2016 02:53 AM
89 1234
tools
    Well, after Note 6 it's gonna be a S8. So, a neverending story.
    The most important thing is that you can sell the actual phone and buy another. It is ok!
    Maisoumenos likes this.
    03-30-2016 12:29 AM
    Has anyone with a compatible device tried the Good Lock UI? (Or as I like to call it, the "Make your phone look a little more like stock Android but with some extra tweaks" UI)

I took a good look at it and I honestly really like it. Sure, the stock color options are garish and overly bright, but I have heard that it can be customized to make it dark and sophisticated.

I've always wished for something like this to happen, so it's like a dream come true.
    03-30-2016 02:01 AM
    I am in the same boat, currently have the Note 5 but I am interested in the s7 Edge. I like the screen, bigger battery, camera improvements and waterproofing. I do use the spen but not often, when I do use it I find it useful but I probably only use it once a week on average. I am sure the Note 6 will be nice but I don't want a phone any bigger than I have and I have a feeling they will go bigger.
    03-30-2016 06:32 AM
    I have always been a fan of the Note line myself. There is just something great about a bigger screen for watching movies, navigation, and split screen windows. The S-Pen is also top notch. Sadly I passed on the Note 5 last year because there was no microsd slot and for some dumb reason there was no 128gb option. I went with the LG V10 which aside from a downgrade of a processor seemed like the best option at the time with removeable battery and expandable storage. I do really like the phone and LG as a company. I would give serious consideration to the LG G5. It is out a 2 days, has removable battery and expandable storage, and a bigger screen then S7 although when you compare on screen buttons on a 5.3" to below screen buttons on a 5.1" they probably end up being the same screen real estate. Only thing I am not sure about with the G5 is the camera. Did LG at least improve it from last years G4 and V10? The 2nd 8 MP camera seems like a gimmick but then again every phone has some kind of gimmick. Not sure why they did not make the G6 have 2 16 MP cameras, 1 for normal shots and 1 for wide shots. Who wants to cut the resolution in half for a wide shot? At least make the wide angle camera 12 or 13 MP. Better yet why not have 2 cameras 1 16 - 20 MP primary camera with ois, dual flash, laser auto focus, and then a secondary 12 MP camera for low light pictures. I don't think HTC 10 will beat the S7 or G5 with the removal of front facing speakers and using a rumored last years camera tech instead of creating a camera that beats the S7. In conclusion, if you have the means I would upgrade twice. Either the S7 or G5 now and then the Note 6 later. You can always sell the older phone on ebay and get a really good price for it to help with buying the Note 6.
    03-30-2016 07:34 AM
    Faster processor & all the cores process more data for you.
    Having more ram let's you load more & helps multi task too.
    You just don't stop & realize what all your phone does. And how fast it process amounts of information.
    Years ago windows was on a floppy disk.
    Windows started doing more and it went to CD's.
    A large hard disk back at 1st was 20 Meg. Today we think about at least 500 mb.
    Having your phone to work & load bigger files, saving time and allowing you to do more with your phone..
    03-30-2016 08:20 AM
    Has anyone with a compatible device tried the Good Lock UI? (Or as I like to call it, the "Make your phone look a little more like stock Android but with some extra tweaks" UI)

I took a good look at it and I honestly really like it. Sure, the stock color options are garish and overly bright, but I have heard that it can be customized to make it dark and sophisticated.

I've always wished for something like this to happen, so it's like a dream come true.
    I did, I first tried it with my S7 and after customizing it, changing colors, reorganizing the apps shortcut and creating Notification groups I liked it a lot, so much that I did the same with the S7 edge last night, so both have the same settings now. Plus the fingerprint seems to unlock way faster than before.

Only thing missing is Quick Connect that I use once in a while to connect to my Samsung 4k Smart TV, it seems that the only way to get into that is via the Default Notification Shade, it's weird that I can't find anywhere else on the phone where I can go to it.

I created another thread about Good Lock, plus there is another one on the S7 forum.
    03-30-2016 08:38 AM
    I had the note 4 and it was the best phone I ever had but I quickly snapped up the s7 edge because of the battery but mainly because of the edge screen. I had to experience at least 1 iteration of this beautiful edge line and I don't regret it at all. The note 6 will be amazing but I'm happy with my choice because seeing this edge device, I had to have at least one of them. You can't go wrong with either one though
    GMC262 likes this.
    03-30-2016 11:19 AM
    If your phone can survive it, wait till the note 6
    Because you never know what Samsung will upgrade from the S7
    That would be my decision.
    03-30-2016 03:20 PM
    To ME, the removable battery isn't about having a spare, but being able to replace the battery myself when the one that ships with the phone stops holding it's charge! I am a year and a half into using my Note 4 and HAD to change my battery. This means taking the phone into a shop or worse, MAILING the damn thing in to simply change a battery on an S7 (Or Note 5). If the Note 6 has a user swappable battery, I will buy one...if not, I won't. Simple as that. I HOPE Samsung makes the right choice here!
    flintlock likes this.
    03-30-2016 03:42 PM
    Sorry but I heard Samsung has no plans to bring back the user swapable battery back. And this was from several Samsung reps.
    03-30-2016 04:01 PM
    even though i don't really use the s-pen, i'm waiting for the note 6 cause it always has the "latest and greatest" btw I'm sattisfied with my Nexus 6p its great
    03-30-2016 04:30 PM
    I've never had a note. Picked them up and played with them. Really like the large screen. Player with the Note 5 today at Best Buy.
    Got a buddy that uses a Note 5. Got to say it's a fast phone. Would like to have one for a day to play with.
    Does people carry them in a case on their side or what. I've never paid attention.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-30-2016 05:15 PM
    With the SD Card Notification problem apparently still not root caused, may want to hold off on the S7 edge.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...up-help-6.html
    03-30-2016 08:48 PM
    I've checked with my carrier and my contract ends sometime in July.

PERFECT! Probably a good idea to wait for the Note 6 and upgrade to that alongside my contract.
    03-31-2016 06:14 AM
    My daily mantra is "wait for the Note 6" lol
    03-31-2016 06:33 AM
    I am interested in the note as I absolutely loved my Note 5, but I feel we will see something similar to last year. The 5 took the best of the S6 and slightly enhanced it, curved back and more memory.

With that said I think we will see this again, so a Note 6 with the 820, IP68, same Sony IMX240 but a small bump to 6g of ram and an even bigger battery maybe 4000mah and probably a base of 64g of storage, maybe USB type C.

Other than that I don't think we will see much.
    03-31-2016 07:01 AM
    I'd like to see enhancements to the Spen, SD cars slot, bigger battery. I'd probably stick to my s7 edge though but if the changes are made I might be convinced to buy the Note 6 as well as I really liked my Note 5.
    03-31-2016 07:26 AM
    With the SD Card Notification problem apparently still not root caused, may want to hold off on the S7 edge.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...up-help-6.html
    LOL.... I don't have any issue with this. It only pops up when I reboot.
    Trees likes this.
    03-31-2016 07:27 AM
    I just got the S7 yesterday. it's pretty fantastic. I couldn't wait. I will sell it and get Note 6 but I had to try the S7.
    Glad I did. So fast. Extremely happy.
    03-31-2016 07:27 AM
    I am interested in the note as I absolutely loved my Note 5, but I feel we will see something similar to last year. The 5 took the best of the S6 and slightly enhanced it, curved back and more memory.

With that said I think we will see this again, so a Note 6 with the 820, IP68, same Sony IMX240 but a small bump to 6g of ram and an even bigger battery maybe 4000mah and probably a base of 64g of storage, maybe USB type C.

I would guess the 830 processor and not sure about the RAM bump, maybe get 5 GB. I expect to see the base of 32 GB remain.
    03-31-2016 07:32 AM
    I'd say go with the S7E now.. nobody knows what the future will bring, when the Note 6 will be out, what the price will be, and which features it will have.

Anything you read NOW on the Internet about the Note 6 is 100% BS and clickbait. Forget about it.

In 6 months, you can look at what the Note 6 is all about,.... to not buy a phone now because of something you have no clue will be like (in 6 months), is not so good imho..

In September, you'll be 6 months away from the Galaxy S8 Edge.. and so on

All I can say is that you can't go wrong with the S7E.. it's a beast of a phone and it's fcking gorgeous... you'll love it
    03-31-2016 07:34 AM

It'll probably have the same mantra as the S7, if the Note 5 is any indication.

So it'll have its hardware carried over mostly from the S7 but with some improvements and of course, the thing that defines the Note; the S Pen.
    03-31-2016 08:15 AM
    The Samsung dude yesterday said
    Right now the only people that knows anything is Research & Development teams.
    And they could even change things at anytime.
    But he would bet it's gonna be better.
    And nobody knows when it will come out but the folks at the top.
    The wait is killing me.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-31-2016 09:44 AM
    The SoT you're suggesting is mostly wishful thinking. The battery on this is amazing and a clear step up from the S6, but SoT is averaging 4-6 hours. Sure, there are rare times when you can get a bit more than that but for average use this is what a prospective buyer should expect.
    You may be thinking about the Samsung Galaxy S7 because the Galaxy S7 Edge has a bigger battery and most definitely gives you awesome screen on time. I will usually get 7 hours screen on time but sometimes even closer to 8. Never 4 to 6 that's for sure.
    03-31-2016 10:18 AM
    I have an S6, no intention or rush to get an S7/Edge...ill be waiting for the Note 6 as it has some things i think id like.
    03-31-2016 12:27 PM
89 1234