View Poll Results: Wait or pull the trigger?

35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pull the trigger on the S7e

12 34.29%
  • Wait for the Note 6 if your phone can make it. Then weigh your options.

23 65.71%
04-15-2016 02:53 AM
89 ... 234
    I have to wait until October for my upgrade, so I will be seeing what the Note 6 brings. However, unless they have a curved screen option that is also waterproof (not sure how they would do that with the S pen) I will be getting the S7 edge.
    03-31-2016 01:04 PM
    If you need a phone now then get the S7E!! But If battery is your biggest issue and you can wait, I'd just go for the Note 6. I mean, the battery is usually better in the note series right?
    04-01-2016 04:38 PM
    Wait if you can. Watch the forum on the Note 6 to see if Samsung fixed stuff, like the wifi/bluetooth, etc.
    04-01-2016 06:09 PM
    I read some predictions of Note 6 with 5.8 inch screen including 256gb built in sd and 6 gb internal memory using Android N in the $1200 range. Supposed to be a real pocket computer.
    I'd find new sources to read if I were you.
    04-01-2016 06:44 PM
    The rumored 4k resolution would be a huge plus for me, especially if you are interested in the VR, to reduce the screen door effect. Wait and see
    04-09-2016 06:47 PM
    I spent some time debating the same thing before buying the S7 Edge. The reasons I decided for it rather than to wait for the Note 6 : number one, 5.8 inch screen? Ugh, that's just too big. I mean I like big screens, but 5.5 inches is closer to the Sweet point for me than nearly six inches would be. Number two, if I'm going to pay over $700 for the phone, then when people look at it, I want them to see a phone that looks like it costs that much. The Note 6 will be just another flat phone , and even three or four months from now, the Edge's curved display will still look nicer. Number three, I've already reached the point where I can't run my battery down all the way to 0 and so improved battery life or removable battery will not help me at all.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-10-2016 12:10 AM
    The rumored 4k resolution would be a huge plus for me, especially if you are interested in the VR, to reduce the screen door effect. Wait and see
    I don't think Samsung's gonna go with a 4K display.

I remember them saying they have no plans to release such a display in 2016. Plus, I wouldn't actually want it.
    04-10-2016 12:37 AM
    I've decided against getting the S7 Edge and will keep my S6 Edge + for now but the Note 6 looks as if it may be my next " go to " phone !? We'll see !?!?
    04-10-2016 08:31 AM
    Hoping the m10 will be great too!!
    04-10-2016 06:29 PM
    Alright, let me explain my dilemma right now.

Many of you know my current daily driver is an LG G4, which I loved a whole lot until recently. My original unit died to the bootloop issue when it was just 6 months old. It's been replaced with a newer unit that's now 3 months old, but has started chalking up issues, namely overheating and unexplained battery drain that causes the phone to die off quicker than normal.

As such, I have decided to replace the phone with a totally different phone from the current year. After some research and evaluation of my usage pattern, I decided on the Galaxy S7 Edge as it has a large battery and expandable storage that suits my usage pattern perfectly. Add in great performance, a stellar camera package and other stuff like Samsung Pay and it's already set to be my next daily driver. Except for one thing.

I have always loved the Note series. In fact, I'm more fond of the Note-line compared to the S-line. I love the S Pen and what it does and I also love the focus on productivity when it comes to what the Note is made for. So naturally, I'm excited for the Note 6. But I'm not sure if I should wait a few months for the Note 6 or just get the GS7 now.

It's easier said than done. I would LOVE to wait for the Note 6 as I really love the Note-line as a whole (even though I think the 5 kinda missed the mark, although it is still a great phone) but I'm not sure if my G4 will survive past July as it seems to be exhibiting the same issues that struck my old unit before it died.

So what do you guys think?

Also, curved screen or S Pen?
    If you wait, you'll always be waiting.
    jdfry15 likes this.
    04-11-2016 01:44 PM
    Wait. You seem to be big fan of the S pen. The Note 6 will probably have IP68, 6GB of ram and a lot of other features, maybe Micro SD storage. It might release this summer. If your phone dies you can pick up a very good phone on Swappa for a couple of hundred.
    04-11-2016 02:35 PM
    I had originally planned on waiting for the Note 6, but I have no regrets for buying the edge. With the great screen and great battery life , plus compatibility with my VR headset, I won't mind holding on to this one for a year. What I'm expecting to do now is upgrade to one of the rumored Samsung phones with a folding-screen coming out in 2017. So I'll just hold on to this one until that's released.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-12-2016 02:18 AM
    Buy now. Keep it in good condition. Then sell it to buy the new one.
    04-12-2016 12:24 PM
    Fair enough.

I personally don't think the Note 6 will be vastly different from the S7e. Bigger, flat screen. Maybe a larger battery. Obviously the stylus.
    Hoping it will have Usb C Type
    04-15-2016 02:53 AM
89 ... 234