Pull the trigger on the GS7 Edge or wait it out for the Note 6?

Wait or pull the trigger?

• Total voters

kanyewesttx

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
even though i don't really use the s-pen, i'm waiting for the note 6 cause it always has the "latest and greatest" btw I'm sattisfied with my Nexus 6p its great

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I've never had a note. Picked them up and played with them. Really like the large screen. Player with the Note 5 today at Best Buy.
Got a buddy that uses a Note 5. Got to say it's a fast phone. Would like to have one for a day to play with.
Does people carry them in a case on their side or what. I've never paid attention.

Posted via the Android Central App

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I've checked with my carrier and my contract ends sometime in July.

PERFECT! Probably a good idea to wait for the Note 6 and upgrade to that alongside my contract.

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I am interested in the note as I absolutely loved my Note 5, but I feel we will see something similar to last year. The 5 took the best of the S6 and slightly enhanced it, curved back and more memory.

With that said I think we will see this again, so a Note 6 with the 820, IP68, same Sony IMX240 but a small bump to 6g of ram and an even bigger battery maybe 4000mah and probably a base of 64g of storage, maybe USB type C.

Other than that I don't think we will see much.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I'd like to see enhancements to the Spen, SD cars slot, bigger battery. I'd probably stick to my s7 edge though but if the changes are made I might be convinced to buy the Note 6 as well as I really liked my Note 5.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I just got the S7 yesterday. it's pretty fantastic. I couldn't wait. I will sell it and get Note 6 but I had to try the S7.
Glad I did. So fast. Extremely happy.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I am interested in the note as I absolutely loved my Note 5, but I feel we will see something similar to last year. The 5 took the best of the S6 and slightly enhanced it, curved back and more memory.

With that said I think we will see this again, so a Note 6 with the 820, IP68, same Sony IMX240 but a small bump to 6g of ram and an even bigger battery maybe 4000mah and probably a base of 64g of storage, maybe USB type C.

I would guess the 830 processor and not sure about the RAM bump, maybe get 5 GB. I expect to see the base of 32 GB remain.

spock123

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I'd say go with the S7E now.. nobody knows what the future will bring, when the Note 6 will be out, what the price will be, and which features it will have.

Anything you read NOW on the Internet about the Note 6 is 100% BS and clickbait. Forget about it.

In 6 months, you can look at what the Note 6 is all about,.... to not buy a phone now because of something you have no clue will be like (in 6 months), is not so good imho..

In September, you'll be 6 months away from the Galaxy S8 Edge.. and so on

All I can say is that you can't go wrong with the S7E.. it's a beast of a phone and it's fcking gorgeous... you'll love it

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

It'll probably have the same mantra as the S7, if the Note 5 is any indication.

So it'll have its hardware carried over mostly from the S7 but with some improvements and of course, the thing that defines the Note; the S Pen.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
The Samsung dude yesterday said
Right now the only people that knows anything is Research & Development teams.
And they could even change things at anytime.
But he would bet it's gonna be better.
And nobody knows when it will come out but the folks at the top.
The wait is killing me.

Posted via the Android Central App

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
The SoT you're suggesting is mostly wishful thinking. The battery on this is amazing and a clear step up from the S6, but SoT is averaging 4-6 hours. Sure, there are rare times when you can get a bit more than that but for average use this is what a prospective buyer should expect.
You may be thinking about the Samsung Galaxy S7 because the Galaxy S7 Edge has a bigger battery and most definitely gives you awesome screen on time. I will usually get 7 hours screen on time but sometimes even closer to 8. Never 4 to 6 that's for sure.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I have an S6, no intention or rush to get an S7/Edge...ill be waiting for the Note 6 as it has some things i think id like.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I have to wait until October for my upgrade, so I will be seeing what the Note 6 brings. However, unless they have a curved screen option that is also waterproof (not sure how they would do that with the S pen) I will be getting the S7 edge.

niqknacks

May 1, 2014
Visit site
If you need a phone now then get the S7E!! But If battery is your biggest issue and you can wait, I'd just go for the Note 6. I mean, the battery is usually better in the note series right?

w7sg

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Wait if you can. Watch the forum on the Note 6 to see if Samsung fixed stuff, like the wifi/bluetooth, etc.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I read some predictions of Note 6 with 5.8 inch screen including 256gb built in sd and 6 gb internal memory using Android N in the $1200 range. Supposed to be a real pocket computer.
I'd find new sources to read if I were you.

JayDawson

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
The rumored 4k resolution would be a huge plus for me, especially if you are interested in the VR, to reduce the screen door effect. Wait and see

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech