How do I get rid of this thing popping up every time I restart my phone? (T-Mobile )

Antony Guan

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
So one day I restart my phone, then once I went back into my phone and a pop up says "verification has failed. Try again." I tap try again and same thing appears, so I just disregard that because I had no clue what it was trying to verify. So now every time I restart, after 30 seconds phone brings me to a screen about enhanced messaging I think. Anyone having this issue? Are these 2 thinks linked to something? Because it's really annoying having that pop up on my phone every time I restart my phone. Here are some screenshots: First one is the message I got only one, second one is the one that keeps opening itself everytime I restart the phone

Screenshot_20160326-190633.jpgS7 edge stupid thing.jpg

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
That's the Enhanced features bugging you out, if all its settings and features are off like I can see in the Screenshot, then you can always try to clear its cache and data on Applications Manager, just click the Show System apps on the Application Manager menu and reboot, if it keeps showing then you should download an use Package Disable Pro from the Play Store, it will disable it for you.

Antony Guan

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
That's the Enhanced features bugging you out, if all its settings and features are off like I can see in the Screenshot, then you can always try to clear its cache and data on Applications Manager, just click the Show System apps on the Application Manager menu and reboot, if it keeps showing then you should download an use Package Disable Pro from the Play Store, it will disable it for you.

Does have anything to do with the first screenshot?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Does have anything to do with the first screenshot?

Also is there a way to get to these setting yourself? Because I can't find it anywhere

Yes, both are related, one causes the other.

I haven't been able to find the enhanced features on this phones, I remember those messages and options from when I had the AT&T Galaxy S6 Active working on T-Mobile, it never registered because of the Non-AT&T sim card and it was annoying as hell.

As far as I can remember, the enhanced features were present on the Message App (SMS/MMS) and one of the features allowed you to send MMS with full resolution images because it saved the media on Samsung Servers and basically what you send was a link so the recipient could download and see the picture in full resolution, trying to make things similar to iMessage.

I can't find the settings or features at all on this phones but I think that it's because since T-Mobile added their enhanced messaging features the settings and options changed, maybe for other variants like AT&T or any other carrier or variant that doesn't include a carrier proprietary Message app, it's possible that it's still appears under Message or Contacts apps settings.

So I think that if you are not even interested in something like this or if it's failing for you, just get Package Disabler and disable it.

Last edited:

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Take a look at this old thread showing what it does, http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s6/530855-enhanced-contact-features.html and this other one shows where you could find it, again, at least for the Non T-mobile versions, because it was not there anymore after they added their own enhanced messaging features. http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...-enhanced-features-causing-sms-app-crash.html. According to that thread, it was on Message App, More-Settings and the top option was the Enhanced Messaging.

Antony Guan

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I was using a friends Note 5 and saw the enhanced messaging in the sms app but when I looked on my S7, the settings for that app was completely different. You know any way to get that verification popup verified?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I was using a friends Note 5 and saw the enhanced messaging in the sms app but when I looked on my S7, the settings for that app was completely different. You know any way to get that verification popup verified?

Nope, but again, if you are not using that feature most likely you will never use it or need it, just get the Package Disabler app and just disable that one if the rest on the phone is good for you.