Samsung Pay - Is the $30. first use gift card still working?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I did it at Walgreens, never popped up so I have been trying since and still nothing between the two cards I have loaded on there. Thanks though

If you have used it already and you can see the transaction posted under the Card on Samsung Pay, go to More on the Samsung Pay app and click Events and select the $30 offers and once you see it on the screen, click More details, it should verify that you have made the purchase and brings you the option to redeem your offer. I did something similar with one of my phones when my wife cleared the offer notification instead of redeem it, after a while I realized that this process brings it back.

It should work if you can see the transaction posted on the card on the APP, if you don't see it, then it won't work as that means that as far as Samsung Pay is concerned, you haven't used it yet, then you should talk to your back and explains the issue.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
If you have used it already and you can see the transaction posted under the Card on Samsung Pay, go to More on the Samsung Pay app and click Events and select the $30 offers and once you see it on the screen, click More details, it should verify that you have made the purchase and brings you the option to redeem your offer. I did something similar with one of my phones when my wife cleared the offer notification instead of redeem it, after a while I realized that this process brings it back.

It should work if you can see the transaction posted on the card on the APP, if you don't see it, then it won't work as that means that as far as Samsung Pay is concerned, you haven't used it yet, then you should talk to your back and explains the issue.
So I looked on my online banking and the purchase posted to my credit card but under the Samsung pay app when I click the card it says no transactions found.

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Used it today at the gas station and it worked fine. $30 best buy gift card !

Sent from Sir Cletus Sexy IV.
(S7 Edge Titanium)

techiegirl

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
I did get the gift card. It's just I totally missed the pop up. I went back to settings, events just now and I was able to redeem the gift card.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
So I looked on my online banking and the purchase posted to my credit card but under the Samsung pay app when I click the card it says no transactions found.

Then, for Samsung Pay purposes you haven't done the first purchase yet, just use it before tomorrow that it's the last day and if everything goes as expected you should finally get your offer.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Then, for Samsung Pay purposes you haven't done the first purchase yet, just use it before tomorrow that it's the last day and if everything goes as expected you should finally get your offer.
I did use Samsung pay though to make that purchase that is reflecting on my account. It doesn't make any sense to me. I use Samsung pay in the store, it goes through. I even have the digital card number on the receipt. I go on my online banking account and it shows as a successful transaction under that credit card.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I know what you mean and you are right, it should appears under Samsung Pay, but of all the time I've used Samsung Pay since its released, only one time the same happened to me, and it never appeared under the Samsung Pay app, I'm sure there are stll glitches here and there and that's obviously one.

But, if you want to get your $30 gift card offer, you can't keep trying to get that one transaction appears, it won't, so if you don't want to miss the offer, just use Samsung Pay again, like I said before, for Samsung Pay and the offer purposes, you haven't completed that first purchase yet, problem is that you have only until today to do it.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

So, I did this and it says that I've already claimed the GC (I know I did, I picked the best buy card) and to check my wallet. For some reason it didn't automatically add to my wallet though. It sent me an email to actually redeem the card (which conveniently found its way to my junk box...) but then I had to manually add it to my wallet. Kind of a mess of you ask me but hey, free 30 bucks. Lol

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I know what you mean and you are right, it should appears under Samsung Pay, but of all the time I've used Samsung Pay since its released, only one time the same happened to me, and it never appeared under the Samsung Pay app, I'm sure there are stll glitches here and there and that's obviously one.

But, if you want to get your $30 gift card offer, you can't keep trying to get that one transaction appears, it won't, so if you don't want to miss the offer, just use Samsung Pay again, like I said before, for Samsung Pay and the offer purposes, you haven't completed that first purchase yet, problem is that you have only until today to do it.

Tried again today with no luck :-( Guess I have to contact Samsung today!

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Bank of America cards aren't eligible for the Samsung promotion. I wasn't getting a notice either and read the fine print. Luckily I had a chase card.

Posted via the Android Central App

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Meaning if you use bank of America for your card on pay its not eligible for the promotion

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis