02-15-2017 04:40 AM
87 1234
tools
    I just wish I could integrate my Garmin with it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-28-2016 02:43 PM
    I have noticed that the phone gives me more accurate steps count than both my Gear S2 and Gear S2 Classic, that's why I have it on the S Health Settings to show the Phone Count instead of the watches.

It seems that the Watch only counts when you move your arms enough for it to count it, while the phone on my pocket or hands seems to recognize the steps better.
    03-28-2016 02:43 PM
    Just as an Edge feed, one or the options shows the SHealth Steps.
    Ah my mistake I misunderstood sorry about that, I'll try with the edge screen option

03-28-2016 02:48 PM
    Just as an Edge feed, one or the options shows the SHealth Steps.
    I'm trying to get this to display on a second S7 Edge that is not paired with a watch. Even though the option to show it is checked in the edge settings, I just don't see it on any edge panels.
    03-28-2016 02:56 PM
    I'm trying to get this to display on a second S7 Edge that is not paired with a watch. Even though the option to show it is checked in the edge settings, I just don't see it on any edge panels.
    Well, I won't be able to test it here because I'm using the S7 today, I left the edge at home. But from what I remember, I just selected that feed on the Edge Settings and once I turned it off and I activated the Feeds it showed, and was working with the S2 and without it until I turned the feeds off last week.
    03-28-2016 03:01 PM
    Well, I won't be able to test it here because I'm using the S7 today, I left the edge at home. But from what I remember, I just selected that feed on the Edge Settings and once I turned it off and I activated the Feeds it showed, and was working with the S2 and without it until I turned the feeds off last week.
    I was actually looking for this to be on one of the edge panels and not understanding how to get this to show up.

You simply rub a finger up and down one side of the edge and it will then show different things while the screen is still off such as steps.
    03-28-2016 03:12 PM
    I used it on my GS5 in conjunction with the Gear fit. It was OK, but didn't have the functionality that Fitbit or MS Health have currently.

03-28-2016 04:47 PM
    I was actually looking for this to be on one of the edge panels and not understanding how to get this to show up.

You simply rub a finger up and down one side of the edge and it will then show different things while the screen is still off such as steps.
    Exactly, sorry I wasn't clear enough but I assumed you already knew about it and simply couldn't make this to show.
    NexusGirlX likes this.
    03-28-2016 04:52 PM
    I use S health and compared to Google Fit it is a lot more accurate and is enough for my needs of walking every day and achieving distance targets and goals.

03-28-2016 04:58 PM
    No, I hate it.

I only use it to access the heart rate monitor. I wish there where other apps that could use that sensor.

I am not an athlete or someone on a health kick. I don't need 99% of that it does. It just seems awkward to to what I want with it. Hate it on the Note 3 too.
    03-28-2016 05:19 PM

Yes I finally got it myself and I discovered that while it's showing my steps the fingerprint scanner works from there and unlocks your phone

03-28-2016 05:19 PM
    Pretty useful for me so I try to keep active.
    Maisoumenos likes this.
    03-28-2016 05:41 PM
    I think it's nice. Of course it's not going to be dead on accurate, but to give a general idea of how active I'm being and to keep track of weight etc. it gets the job done. Actually thinking of getting the Gear S2 mainly because of SHealth if prices go down a bit further.
    03-29-2016 07:37 AM
    Yes, I use the S-Health App on my Galaxy S6 everyday to track my weight and my stationary bike cycling time. I also use it to track my steps and mileage when I go on my weekend hikes. The app seems to work well for my needs.
    03-29-2016 07:46 AM
    I use it as well connected to my Gear S2. It's better than Google Fit that I use to use in the past.
    03-29-2016 08:45 AM
    I think it's great. I use it on my Note 5 to track what I do at the gym. It's not 100% accurate but I mostly life weights at the gym anyway and for that I'm fine with it. What I mostly use it for is logging my meals and it's damned good at that.
    Maisoumenos likes this.
    03-29-2016 09:32 AM
    I just purchased a FitBit Alta and was disappointed that S Health supports a limited number of activity trackers and smart watches. (I suppose it is to continue selling their own brand of fitness products.) Before I switched to the FitBit app, I used S Health to log steps, calories, activity, water intake, weight.

Overall, I find my biggest gripe to be lack of compatibility with devices of our choosing. If it did support FitBit, I'd definitely continue using it as the dashboard is clean and easy to access. I also like taking pictures of my meals when I log them, so that is an added bonus through S Health. The step tracker seems to be pretty accurate for me while walking and on the elliptical. When lifting weights, I really don't worry about tracking that activity and whatever steps are included is fine. The sleep tracker asks you every day if you were asleep for a specific duration and to assign it a rating.

The app itself is very rewarding to use and you'll get encouraging notifications as you meet goals and set personal bests. It's not perfect, but if you can live with the little nuances that come with almost every app, then you'll be just fine. The more you use it, the better analysis and trend data you will get.
    jbjtkbw007 likes this.
    03-29-2016 10:06 AM
    I use it, however I track my food with another app because S-Health doesn't track SALT. Really? psh..
    03-29-2016 10:10 AM
    I use it, however I track my food with another app because S-Health doesn't track SALT. Really? psh..
    Nice try. There's clearly a sodium tracker in the nutrient list here:

Attached Thumbnails Does anyone find S Health useful?-14853.jpg  
    03-29-2016 10:16 AM
    Use it with my Gear S phone, as a few people said. Its great for tracking my steps and logging it. Afew of my buddies have daily competitions on who can take the most steps every day. We post it at the end of the day. That what happens when one of my friend is a med student.
    I wish s-health had a web version of the app like weight watchers.
    03-29-2016 10:26 AM
    I use it for the heart rate, stress and O2 measurements, not sure how accurate but its fun. Also to count my caffeine intake. If i recall correctly, a person i knew used the steps and after some time they realized it was highly inaccurate.
    03-29-2016 10:44 AM
    I use the heart rate sensor at the gym, but that's the only useful thing about it. The O2 stats are worthless. Everyone who's conscious has enough blood oxygen. If you didn't have enough, you'd be passed out, which makes that feature worthless.
    03-29-2016 11:08 AM
    I use the heart rate sensor at the gym, but that's the only useful thing about it. The O2 stats are worthless. Everyone who's conscious has enough blood oxygen. If you didn't have enough, you'd be passed out, which makes that feature worthless.
    I can see the o2 stats more when I'm sick or my kids. But I already have a home monitor for that. N

03-29-2016 11:29 AM
    I upgraded from a Fitbit Charge to the Gear S2, but it turns out that the one feature I use most isn't supported on the Gear (or S Health, for that matter), sleep tracking. Guess my upgrade was more of a downgrade.
    03-29-2016 11:30 AM
    I upgraded from a Fitbit Charge to the Gear S2, but it turns out that the one feature I use most isn't supported on the Gear (or S Health, for that matter), sleep tracking. Guess my upgrade was more of a downgrade.
    They must have removed the sleep tracker on the Gear S2. I have it on my Gear S watch and it is supported in S Health. I just never remember to turn this on at night.

Does anyone find S Health useful?-screen-20160329103212.png
    03-29-2016 11:35 AM
87 1234