Does anyone find S Health useful?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Maybe if you're a runner, it's useful, but I think not for much else.

I spent 90 minutes at the gym today lifting weights. S-Health graced me with a whopping 16 minutes of walking as my total exercise achievement. What a joke! The heart rate sensor seems pretty useless, too. After one set I checked my heart rate on the phone, and it told my 90 bpm. From experience, I know it's really about 125 at that point.

Thankfully, the app can be disabled.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
re:

I use it because I have a Gear S watch. I walk a lot for my job so it shows I walk between 6,500-10,000 steps each day.

Sure it's not accurate and you won't find a single tracker out today that is but I still use it. You can have five trackers on you when you go walking and each one will record a different amount of steps.

I can walk the same path every day to my car and get a different amount of steps recorded.

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
re:

I like it. It counts steps, (so, maybe your arm swing, just like all step counters). For general info it's accurate enough. For runs and workouts, though, nothing beats my polar M400/H7.

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
re:

I use it because I have a Gear S watch. I walk a lot for my job so it shows I walk between 6,500-10,000 steps each day.

Sure it's not accurate and you won't find a single tracker out today that is but I still use it. You can have five trackers on you when you go walking and each one will recored a different amount of steps.

I can walk the same path every day to my car and get a different amount of steps recorded.

Same here! Just a good kind of guide. I sit the whole day so the "GET MOVING" helps. That's for another forum, though hahaha

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
re:

Maybe if you're a runner, it's useful, but I think not for much else.

I spent 90 minutes at the gym today lifting weights. S-Health graced me with a whopping 16 minutes of walking as my total exercise achievement. What a joke! The heart rate sensor seems pretty useless, too. After one set I checked my heart rate on the phone, and it told my 90 bpm. From experience, I know it's really about 125 at that point.

Thankfully, the app can be disabled.

It works better in conjunction with the Gear S2. As a standalone with just the phone, the only value I see in it is the ability to keep track of your meals.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re:

I enjoy it. I have watched it count up as I do steps so I think it is pretty close to accurate.

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I use it for the step counter I find it kind of fun to see how many steps I've done at the end of the day

I presume there is no way to show it on the lock screen?

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I use it for the step counter I find it kind of fun to see how many steps I've done at the end of the day

My Note 4 would show the steps count through the S View window or on the lock screen if I didn't use that case. I don't see a way to display the steps on the lock screen on the S7 Edge.

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site

It shows on the edge screen if you swipe the edge screen a few times when the main screen is locked.

Posted via the Android Central App via a kicking Gold Galaxy S7 Edge.

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
My Note 4 would show the steps count through the S View window or on the lock screen if I didn't use that case. I don't see a way to display the steps on the lock screen on the S7 Edge.

When the screen is locked swipe the edge screen a few times and it will show you your notifications and steps.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re:

It's almost as if it knows when you are looking so it makes sure it's close to being accurate. Once you look away, anything goes.

Well I have found out that it doesn't update in real time unless you're watching it / have it in the foreground. Other than that it does it in "batches". I can tell from the times of the day I am active I see a spike in activity so I am sure it is pretty accurate. Just not 100%.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
When the screen is locked swipe the edge screen a few times and it will show you your notifications and steps.

I'm not seeing the steps there but that may be because I have my phone paired with my Gear S watch.

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm not seeing the steps there but that may be because I have my phone paired with my Gear S watch.

Your notifications might come up first. If so swipe the edge again but towards the centre of the screen. It'll scroll through what it can show.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Your notifications might come up first. If so swipe the edge again put towards the centre of the screen. It'll scroll through what it can show.

I'm still not seeing it but it's OK. My Gear S watch shows the steps count on the screen when I press the home button. I have one of the three notifications types there set to show my steps.

Screen-20160328113614.png

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc