Does anyone find S Health useful?

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Just wish it would integrate and sync with MyFitnesspal

Posted via the Android Central App

Integration is my one complaint. I use Mynetdiary, but I would switch to MFP if it synced. Or synced with polar, or runkeeper...Nike Run ONLY does running. That's alright though, it would just have been a little easier having it all in one place.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I use it for the step counter I find it kind of fun to see how many steps I've done at the end of the day

I presume there is no way to show it on the lock screen?

My Note 4 would show the steps count through the S View window or on the lock screen if I didn't use that case. I don't see a way to display the steps on the lock screen on the S7 Edge.

Just as an Edge feed, one or the options shows the SHealth Steps.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed that the phone gives me more accurate steps count than both my Gear S2 and Gear S2 Classic, that's why I have it on the S Health Settings to show the Phone Count instead of the watches.

It seems that the Watch only counts when you move your arms enough for it to count it, while the phone on my pocket or hands seems to recognize the steps better.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Just as an Edge feed, one or the options shows the SHealth Steps.

I'm trying to get this to display on a second S7 Edge that is not paired with a watch. Even though the option to show it is checked in the edge settings, I just don't see it on any edge panels.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to get this to display on a second S7 Edge that is not paired with a watch. Even though the option to show it is checked in the edge settings, I just don't see it on any edge panels.

Well, I won't be able to test it here because I'm using the S7 today, I left the edge at home. But from what I remember, I just selected that feed on the Edge Settings and once I turned it off and I activated the Feeds it showed, and was working with the S2 and without it until I turned the feeds off last week.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Well, I won't be able to test it here because I'm using the S7 today, I left the edge at home. But from what I remember, I just selected that feed on the Edge Settings and once I turned it off and I activated the Feeds it showed, and was working with the S2 and without it until I turned the feeds off last week.

I was actually looking for this to be on one of the edge panels and not understanding how to get this to show up.

You simply rub a finger up and down one side of the edge and it will then show different things while the screen is still off such as steps.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I used it on my GS5 in conjunction with the Gear fit. It was OK, but didn't have the functionality that Fitbit or MS Health have currently.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I was actually looking for this to be on one of the edge panels and not understanding how to get this to show up.

You simply rub a finger up and down one side of the edge and it will then show different things while the screen is still off such as steps.

Exactly, sorry I wasn't clear enough but I assumed you already knew about it and simply couldn't make this to show.

shoaib shah

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
I use S health and compared to Google Fit it is a lot more accurate and is enough for my needs of walking every day and achieving distance targets and goals.

Jelly Belly

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
No, I hate it.

I only use it to access the heart rate monitor. I wish there where other apps that could use that sensor.

I am not an athlete or someone on a health kick. I don't need 99% of that it does. It just seems awkward to to what I want with it. Hate it on the Note 3 too.

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site

Yes I finally got it myself and I discovered that while it's showing my steps the fingerprint scanner works from there and unlocks your phone

M Stuart

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I think it's nice. Of course it's not going to be dead on accurate, but to give a general idea of how active I'm being and to keep track of weight etc. it gets the job done. Actually thinking of getting the Gear S2 mainly because of SHealth if prices go down a bit further.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I use the S-Health App on my Galaxy S6 everyday to track my weight and my stationary bike cycling time. I also use it to track my steps and mileage when I go on my weekend hikes. The app seems to work well for my needs.