02-15-2017 04:40 AM
87 123 ...
tools
    Maybe if you're a runner, it's useful, but I think not for much else.

I spent 90 minutes at the gym today lifting weights. S-Health graced me with a whopping 16 minutes of walking as my total exercise achievement. What a joke! The heart rate sensor seems pretty useless, too. After one set I checked my heart rate on the phone, and it told my 90 bpm. From experience, I know it's really about 125 at that point.

Thankfully, the app can be disabled.
    03-28-2016 11:34 AM
    I tried it out. walked like 10 feet, and it reported 45. Promptly disabled s-health.
    03-28-2016 11:46 AM
    I use it because I have a Gear S watch. I walk a lot for my job so it shows I walk between 6,500-10,000 steps each day.

Sure it's not accurate and you won't find a single tracker out today that is but I still use it. You can have five trackers on you when you go walking and each one will record a different amount of steps.

I can walk the same path every day to my car and get a different amount of steps recorded.
    03-28-2016 11:51 AM
    I like it. It counts steps, (so, maybe your arm swing, just like all step counters). For general info it's accurate enough. For runs and workouts, though, nothing beats my polar M400/H7.
    03-28-2016 11:51 AM
    I use it because I have a Gear S watch. I walk a lot for my job so it shows I walk between 6,500-10,000 steps each day.

Sure it's not accurate and you won't find a single tracker out today that is but I still use it. You can have five trackers on you when you go walking and each one will recored a different amount of steps.

I can walk the same path every day to my car and get a different amount of steps recorded.
    Same here! Just a good kind of guide. I sit the whole day so the "GET MOVING" helps. That's for another forum, though hahaha
    03-28-2016 11:52 AM
    Maybe if you're a runner, it's useful, but I think not for much else.

I spent 90 minutes at the gym today lifting weights. S-Health graced me with a whopping 16 minutes of walking as my total exercise achievement. What a joke! The heart rate sensor seems pretty useless, too. After one set I checked my heart rate on the phone, and it told my 90 bpm. From experience, I know it's really about 125 at that point.

Thankfully, the app can be disabled.
    It works better in conjunction with the Gear S2. As a standalone with just the phone, the only value I see in it is the ability to keep track of your meals.
    03-28-2016 11:53 AM
    I enjoy it. I have watched it count up as I do steps so I think it is pretty close to accurate.
    Dnoravian and catt4u like this.
    03-28-2016 12:12 PM
    I enjoy it. I have watched it count up as I do steps so I think it is pretty close to accurate.
    It's almost as if it knows when you are looking so it makes sure it's close to being accurate. Once you look away, anything goes.
    03-28-2016 12:15 PM
    I use it for the step counter I find it kind of fun to see how many steps I've done at the end of the day

I presume there is no way to show it on the lock screen?

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-28-2016 12:21 PM
    I find it useful.

Posted via the Android Central App via a kicking Gold Galaxy S7 Edge.
    03-28-2016 12:23 PM
    I use it for the step counter I find it kind of fun to see how many steps I've done at the end of the day

My Note 4 would show the steps count through the S View window or on the lock screen if I didn't use that case. I don't see a way to display the steps on the lock screen on the S7 Edge.
    03-28-2016 12:23 PM

It shows on the edge screen if you swipe the edge screen a few times when the main screen is locked.

03-28-2016 12:24 PM
    Just wish it would integrate and sync with MyFitnesspal

Law2138 likes this.
    03-28-2016 12:24 PM
    My Note 4 would show the steps count through the S View window or on the lock screen if I didn't use that case. I don't see a way to display the steps on the lock screen on the S7 Edge.
    When the screen is locked swipe the edge screen a few times and it will show you your notifications and steps.

03-28-2016 12:25 PM
    I use it for the step counter
    03-28-2016 12:28 PM
    It's almost as if it knows when you are looking so it makes sure it's close to being accurate. Once you look away, anything goes.
    Well I have found out that it doesn't update in real time unless you're watching it / have it in the foreground. Other than that it does it in "batches". I can tell from the times of the day I am active I see a spike in activity so I am sure it is pretty accurate. Just not 100%.
    03-28-2016 12:30 PM
    When the screen is locked swipe the edge screen a few times and it will show you your notifications and steps.

I'm not seeing the steps there but that may be because I have my phone paired with my Gear S watch.
    03-28-2016 12:32 PM
    I'm not seeing the steps there but that may be because I have my phone paired with my Gear S watch.
    Your notifications might come up first. If so swipe the edge again but towards the centre of the screen. It'll scroll through what it can show.

03-28-2016 12:35 PM
    Your notifications might come up first. If so swipe the edge again put towards the centre of the screen. It'll scroll through what it can show.

I'm still not seeing it but it's OK. My Gear S watch shows the steps count on the screen when I press the home button. I have one of the three notifications types there set to show my steps.

Does anyone find S Health useful?-screen-20160328113614.png
    03-28-2016 12:40 PM
    I'm still not seeing it but it's OK. My Gear S watch shows the steps count on the screen when I press the home button. I have one of the three notifications types there set to show my steps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen-20160328113614.png 
Views:	493 
Size:	228.3 KB 
ID:	222455
    OK. It's most probably either or then and not both.

03-28-2016 12:42 PM
    OK. It's most probably either or then and not both.

Yes, the phones app is recording my steps from my watch so this is why I think it is not showing.
    03-28-2016 12:43 PM
    Just wish it would integrate and sync with MyFitnesspal

Integration is my one complaint. I use Mynetdiary, but I would switch to MFP if it synced. Or synced with polar, or runkeeper...Nike Run ONLY does running. That's alright though, it would just have been a little easier having it all in one place.
    03-28-2016 12:54 PM
    Yes, the phones app is recording my steps from my watch so this is why I think it is not showing.
    I don't know if I'm not doing this right or if I'm just missing some settings options

03-28-2016 02:28 PM
    I don't know if I'm not doing this right or if I'm just missing some settings options

Well what are you trying to do? Are you using a watch with the phone?

03-28-2016 02:37 PM

Just as an Edge feed, one or the options shows the SHealth Steps.
    03-28-2016 02:40 PM
87 123 ...