04-06-2016 10:08 PM
36 12
tools
    I really would love to personalize my phone. I have tried to use different launchers before but it seems like they are glitchy. Can anyone suggest good launchers and give me advice on how make them work smoothly?

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-28-2016 03:55 PM
    Which ones have you tried might be helpful info. Nova, Apex, Action, and Google all receive good praise.
    03-28-2016 04:25 PM
    Should I pay for nova prime? Or should I just get the free version

03-28-2016 04:31 PM
    Should I pay for nova prime? Or should I just get the free version

The main reason to get Nova Prime is gestures. Also adds unread counts, extra scrolling effects and the ability to hide apps.
    Nkky7, vr002sh, jdfry15 and 1 others like this.
    03-28-2016 04:37 PM
    I use Nova prime, worth every penny.
    Check out my screen shots on the S7 Edge show your screens thread...works smoothly and precisely .

Nkky7, alhc78 and KPMcClave like this.
    03-28-2016 04:43 PM
    I have used Nova prime for a while. I like the total customization you can do, but have had issues with badges in Tesla Unread.

Going launcher-less on this phone until I get tired of TouchWiz

03-28-2016 04:44 PM
    I have used Nova Prime and Go Launcher. I can't get the badge counter on Tesla to work right, either. I am not sure what everything does in the launchers.... Like icon packs and draws and it makes my head spin. I usually end up with a cute wallpaper and icon pack and that's it. I feel like I am not utilizing the whole launcher ability.

Nkky7 likes this.
    03-28-2016 05:47 PM
    I second Nova Prime. Butter smooth with little glitches, takes a while to set it up to your liking as there is quite a bit of customisation. Gestures are great, I've managed to get rid of the app drawer icon, switched it out for a flick up instead. Badge count can be a bit iffy, but a quick turn off and on gets it flowing again

Thiscrapsucks35 and KPMcClave like this.
    03-28-2016 05:55 PM
    I have used Nova Prime and Go Launcher. I can't get the badge counter on Tesla to work right, either. I am not sure what everything does in the launchers.... Like icon packs and draws and it makes my head spin. I usually end up with a cute wallpaper and icon pack and that's it. I feel like I am not utilizing the whole launcher ability.

This is my theme right now. I was thinking about getting and icon pack but so many options. This is my first Android, and I'm a little overwhelmed with all the customizable stuff. ๐Ÿ™„

Attached Thumbnails Different launchers-8527.jpg ย 
    gendo667 and teristark like this.
    03-28-2016 06:46 PM

This is mine using the Nova Prime launcher, as you can see the unread notifications work just fine and are very customisable.
    It really is easy to set up..

03-29-2016 08:51 AM
    Not a gold man myself, but that is pretty stunning.
    Jazzman911 likes this.
    03-29-2016 08:58 AM
    Use the free Nova first, and decide whether you want to stick with it. If you like it, then paying for Prime will be worth it, IMHO.
    03-29-2016 01:36 PM
    I would say Google Now Launcher for simplicity (I'm using an Icon Changer app to get stock dialer Icon etc) or Nova Prime if you want more features and customisation.

Personally I like Google Now on the left hand home screen so stick to GNL where possible.
    gendo667 likes this.
    03-29-2016 03:32 PM
    Where did you get that gold theme

04-01-2016 02:36 PM
    This is mine using the Nova Prime launcher, as you can see the unread notifications work just fine and are very customisable.
    It really is easy to set up..

http://i.imgur.com/oafSZiq.png
    http://i.imgur.com/qfEPM8W.png
    Love this one

garymontague likes this.
    04-01-2016 03:09 PM
    Nova prime here, no glitches at all here, love it
    04-01-2016 03:09 PM
    Nova prime here too.
    04-01-2016 03:13 PM
    So, question. Do I have to keep selecting the nova icon every time I wake up the phone?

04-01-2016 10:41 PM
    So, question. Do I have to keep selecting the nova icon every time I wake up the phone?

Nope. In nova settings, scroll down till you see 'select default home' and set it to nova. I hope that's what you were asking.
    04-02-2016 12:54 AM
    Nope. In nova settings, scroll down till you see 'select default home' and set it to nova. I hope that's what you were asking.
    Yes. Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

beagle82 likes this.
    04-02-2016 01:06 AM
    My reasons for always coming back to TouchWiz Launcher: 1. By playing around with the grid, I can get the Google search bar to be a bit narrower than on other launchers like Nova, where it's always too thick for my tastes. 2. The time and weather widget that TouchWiz offers is my favorite, and it's not easy to use it if you're not using TouchWiz. 3. My usual pattern is to download several apps at once, and I like the TouchWiz practice of putting new apps at the end of the drawer all together rather than immediately organizing them in alphabetical order. Then of course when I'm ready, I can click short, and it will alphabetize them.

04-02-2016 02:39 AM
    I popped Nova on my S7E because that's what I used before. I noticed I can't get back a page I liked on stock launcher; the news page on the left.
    04-02-2016 07:04 AM
    My reasons for always coming back to TouchWiz Launcher: 1. By playing around with the grid, I can get the Google search bar to be a bit narrower than on other launchers like Nova, where it's always too thick for my tastes. 2. The time and weather widget that TouchWiz offers is my favorite, and it's not easy to use it if you're not using TouchWiz. 3. My usual pattern is to download several apps at once, and I like the TouchWiz practice of putting new apps at the end of the drawer all together rather than immediately organizing them in alphabetical order. Then of course when I'm ready, I can click short, and it will alphabetize them.

You can set up the Google App, in Settings\Voice\Ok Google detection to search from any screen. I did this and was able to get rid of that search bar.
    04-04-2016 02:14 PM
    2. The time and weather widget that TouchWiz offers is my favorite, and it's not easy to use it if you're not using TouchWiz.
    I have 0 issues with the Time and Weather 4x2 widget in Nova Prime...not sure what issues you're having.
    04-04-2016 02:20 PM
    I use Nova prime too. Best money I have spent on an app since my first android. It is the first thing I set up with every new phone.
    04-04-2016 06:59 PM
36 12