Speck CandyShell non-grip Black or Clear for Black S7 Edge?

hesketh7085

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,

I've got a Black S7 Edge and am very tempted to get a Speck CandyShell non-grip case, despite the cost as I've seen good reviews about it (no drop/smash tests though...), and whilst I want to protect my phone I don't want to cover up its appearance too much. The Speck CandyShell non-grip cases seem like the best compromise so far.

I don't know what looked better though; their Clear case or the Black-clear case as all the reviewer videos feature silver/gold Edges.

The Black S7 Edge looks sleek and professional, and whilst I think the clear-case will show that better, it will also contrast with white-light on the sides giving it a cheap 'bling' effect.

I suspect black will go with black best, but I can't find a single image of it to compare unfortunately! Can you help?

ALSO: Does anyone know if the Speck CandyShell cases block NFC charging before I go ahead and buy an NFC charger?

Thank you!

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I have the Edge (silver) and I picked up the clear Case by Speck.. I believe this is the best case for the Edge due to the fact that you get great protection on the borders and on the bevel edges. This case is a tight fit and you need patients to apply. A tight fit!. A Stunning and Beautiful case! I believe your phone will look great in this case!.

Posted via the Android Central App

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Just got the grip the other day and the NFC & wireless charging works fine. Got the white Zebra as the black was a scratch & fingerprint magnet.
The grip for the edge is a fantastic case but the colors suck.
The buttons on the Candyshell clear were super hard to press and the case was very hard to take on & off.

I say that the clear would look best on a black edge but what do I know.:p

EagleLady54

Jun 21, 2016
Visit site
I got the clear CandyShell for my S7 Edge. I also had a clear coat put on the phone. But now I can not get my phone to fit this tight CandyShell case. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I've got a Black S7 Edge and am very tempted to get a Speck CandyShell non-grip case, despite the cost as I've seen good reviews about it (no drop/smash tests though...), and whilst I want to protect my phone I don't want to cover up its appearance too much. The Speck CandyShell non-grip cases seem like the best compromise so far.

I don't know what looked better though; their Clear case or the Black-clear case as all the reviewer videos feature silver/gold Edges.

The Black S7 Edge looks sleek and professional, and whilst I think the clear-case will show that better, it will also contrast with white-light on the sides giving it a cheap 'bling' effect.

I suspect black will go with black best, but I can't find a single image of it to compare unfortunately! Can you help?

ALSO: Does anyone know if the Speck CandyShell cases block NFC charging before I go ahead and buy an NFC charger?

Thank you!

I had one and my phone still got shattered pretty easily just FYI.

Posted via the Android Central App