Good Lock App By Samsung

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
When I went to the samsung app store it said it was already installed on my S7 edge but when I looked for it, I can't find it anywhere.

Posted via Android Central App

That's because it's not really an app. It's an update to the SystemUI built into Touchwiz. It's SystemUI that's already installed.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
You can do that. There's a post about it earlier in this thread.

Hey thanks. Finally figured it out by disabling - enable lock screen wallpaper in lock screen settings. But it only shows whats on your homescreen. Better than nothing for now.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Only thing missing for me is the ability to add your own personal lockscreen wallpaper. I haven't received the update yet. Thanks for the heads up.

Hey thanks. Finally figured it out by disabling - enable lock screen wallpaper in lock screen settings. But it only shows whats on your homescreen. Better than nothing for now.

I don't know exactly the way you have it set, but I just have the Enable lock screen wallpaper on, and then I just went to the Wallpaper settings and selected for both, Home Screen and lock screen, selected my own wallpaper and I've had my usual wallpapers with this app since day 1, just like the default System UI.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
You can pick a different one for the lock screen. Go back to Settings / Wallpaper, tap the drop down in the upper left, choose Lock screen, and pick the one you want. If the one you want is already selected, you'll need to choose a different one, save it, and then go back and pick the one you want.

Here are mine:

Lockscreen wallpaper.
Screenshot_20160404_193539.png

Home screen wallpaper:

Screenshot_20160404_193547.png

tstolz

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
You can pick a different one for the lock screen. Go back to Settings / Wallpaper, tap the drop down in the upper left, choose Lock screen, and pick the one you want. If the one you want is already selected, you'll need to choose a different one, save it, and then go back and pick the one you want.

Here are mine:

Lockscreen wallpaper.
View attachment 223438

Home screen wallpaper:

View attachment 223439
OK, can I ask what that calendar widget is?

race4life

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I have downloaded and uninstalled this a couple of times and I can't get LTE to work. When I uninstall it, it'll show I am on LTE but when I download the it my phone only connects with 4G and won't connect with LTE. I have checked all the settings and not sure what's going on. This happening to anyone else? I really want to it work cause it does feel the phone is a little bit snapper, at least the finger unlock is. I am on ATT.

Last edited:

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I have downloaded and uninstalled this a couple of times and I can't get LTE to work. When I uninstall it, it'll show I am on LTE but when I download the it my phone only connects with 4G and won't connect with LTE. I have checked all the settings and not sure what's going on. This happening to anyone else? I really want to it work cause it does feel the phone is a little bit snapper, at least the finger unlock is.

Your phone is connecting to LTE, it's simply not showing it. To be sure just go to Settings-About Device-Status-SIM Card Status, in there you'll see the Signal Strength and Mobile Network Type, and you can check that is LTE.

It's not a phone signal issue, it's simply that where the developers live, there's no such thing as LTE, in most of the world what we known for LTE is simply 4G, and that's what you are seeing, the same happens when you buy an International model with a Firmware for that region. It was requested already to them to take that in consideration, it seems that it wasn't done on this release, maybe in a future one.

So, if the only thing that is bothering you is that, just install it and enjoy it as you are not really missing anything by doing that.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I had to uninstall the latest version, too. After about 18 hours of use the home and recent apps buttons stopped working.

Anyone know of a way to provide real feedback to Samsung on this? The Galaxy App store only allows a couple of hundred characters, which isn't enough to say anything meaningful.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I had to uninstall the latest version, too. After about 18 hours of use the home and recent apps buttons stopped working.

Anyone know of a way to provide real feedback to Samsung on this? The Galaxy App store only allows a couple of hundred characters, which isn't enough to say anything meaningful.

I sent an email to the address that appears on the Galaxy Store app, sec.systemui@samsung.com, I haven't received a response there but they responded to the feedback I left on the app store, at least they took care of most of the issues I listed them there.

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have been using this lock screen, UI, for about a week now. At first I did not like it, but now I like it. I am using it on a Note 4. We just got marshmallow on Sprint a few days before this came out. I haven't even explored Marshmallow yet.

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
It does seem to affect battery life adversely. Less so on this new version and not so much as to quit using it (yet), but systemui shows up in the consumption list where it does not without good lock.

qz0xr3

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't know exactly the way you have it set, but I just have the Enable lock screen wallpaper on, and then I just went to the Wallpaper settings and selected for both, Home Screen and lock screen, selected my own wallpaper and I've had my usual wallpapers with this app since day 1, just like the default System UI.
I must be doing something wrong. When I select the wallpaper that I want, it appears to take, but reverts to the Good Lock wallpaper. I'll have to mess with it again.

That aside, how has battery life been using this? I've seen several posts indicating that battery life isn't as good.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I must be doing something wrong. When I select the wallpaper that I want, it appears to take, but reverts to the Good Lock wallpaper. I'll have to mess with it again.

That aside, how has battery life been using this? I've seen several posts indicating that battery life isn't as good.

Under the app's settings, on the Lock Screen options, do you have "Enable lock screen wallpaper" option on? That's the only place that I know you control this.

Battery life for me is still the same with this than without it, excellent on both my S7 and S7 edge. I think that people with Battery life issues after installing this was more related to Location permissions, the new version should fix the location issue that some people are having.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Under the app's settings, on the Lock Screen options, do you have "Enable lock screen wallpaper" option on? That's the only place that I know you control this..

In addition, make sure you have the lock screen color option turned off (in Good Lock). And you might have to try selecting a different wallpaper than you want, backing out, and then going back to select the one you want. It took a couple of tries to work properly for me.

qz0xr3

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
In addition, make sure you have the lock screen color option turned off (in Good Lock). And you might have to try selecting a different wallpaper than you want, backing out, and then going back to select the one you want. It took a couple of tries to work properly for me.

Thanks that worked. Previously, I wasn't selecting a different wallpaper and then reverting to the original one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon