Do you like the edge display?

Laserbutt

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
I will admit if I had the option to have an s7 at 5.5 without the edge I would have jumped on it. I still got the S7e and I'm still not sure if I dig it yet..

How about you?

Posted via the Android Central App

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I didn't get the edge for the edge features. I got it because I like look of the curved edges. It makes video look more immersive. Also, bigger screen and battery.

Posted via S7 edge 😍

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i got it more for the looks than the limited functionality it has.

now when i look at my 6p, the screen looks dull in some way. i would still probably get it over a 5.5" non curved screen, mostly because it looks nice and is a little different. but it doesn't hurt that i have a few other devices to switch between if the mood strikes.

davisgq

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Those sexy curves :) And bigger battery. And the fact it looks different than other phones.

dm3ready

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
The edge features are growing on me. I love being able to swipe when the phone is mounted in my car.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I use some of the edge features, but most of them would work fine without the curved screen. A side-swipe on a flat screen could do the same thing it does on a curved screen.

The biggest advantage of it, I think, is that it makes the phone narrower than a flat 5.5" screen would be. And it looks pretty cool.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I had an S6+ before so I had time to adjust to the screen. It's not for everyone. The Edge features feel like a useless gimmick for the first few months because it takes time to get to them. But I've learned to love the added level of app and task organization. And as someone else said, the phone stands out in a crowd. I like that.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I've already grown accustomed to it. I could certainly live without it, but I do like the convenience

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I used the Note Edge, so I am very happy with mostly naked screen and somewhat more functional App Edge.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

Attachments

• 1883.jpg
    1883.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 216

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Just noticed I posted my wallpaper. Sorrryyy.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

Attachments

• 1979.jpg
    1979.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 210

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I have both the S7 and S7 Edge and the S7 screen looks decidedly flat and ordinary compared to the Edge. The Edge screen is more immersive and almost 3D like.

Posted via the Android Central App via a kicking Gold Galaxy S7 Edge.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I have both the S7 and S7 Edge and the S7 screen looks decidedly flat and ordinary compared to the Edge. The Edge screen is more immersive and almost 3D like.

Posted via the Android Central App via a kicking Gold Galaxy S7 Edge.

Seriously??? I have an S7 and have spent some time with the S7E. "3-D like" is not something I would ascribe to that screen. Distorted edges is more my take on it. Very annoying when viewing video or photos, or even browsing. But that's just me.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Still more of a party trick to me in terms of features, but man, do those curves make it very pretty.

And there's a pretty neat side effect. Because the sides of the display curve slightly towards the sides of the phone, it actually makes it slightly narrower, making it easier to hold with one hand, which is a big deal for a 5.5-inch phone.

Basically, yes. I love the edged display. Very pretty design that also has some benefits.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084