04-04-2016 04:17 PM
48 12
tools
    Plz reply which one has better whites and colorful screen and brightness between s7e and s7 thanks?

Posted via the Android Central App
    S7e has a brighter screen but there is very little in it.

Posted via the Android Central App via a kicking Gold Galaxy S7 Edge.
    03-31-2016 05:49 AM
    Plz reply which one has better whites and colorful screen and brightness between s7e and s7 thanks?

I had s7e and switched to s7. The s7 for me is noticeably more white. In the end I wanted a glass screen protector. I had a love hate relationship with the edge screen. It was annoying sometimes(sensitive), but overall makes the phone look sleek. Happy with the s7 for now until the note 6...
    S7e has a brighter screen but there is very little in it.

03-31-2016 06:44 AM
    I love the edge display. Coming from the regular S6, I enjoy the functionality and options you get with the edged screen. It takes some getting used to but I can dig it. I set my screen to AMOLED cinema mode and the screen is amazing in my opinion. Edge display is a win. I loved the S6 but I'm pleased with the upgrade
    03-31-2016 06:55 AM
    I love the edge display. Took me a while to get used to it and to remember to use it. Now that I use it is love it.

Being able to quickly swipe the side to get quick contacts and my most used apps and weather is what I use it for. Some may not like it. It's not for everyone. But for me it is very functional.

Plus it just looks sexy as heck.
    makaroni likes this.
    03-31-2016 07:29 AM
    I surprised myself by how much I actually use the Edge. I have my most used contacts there, and, since getting the S7E, and spending a day or two getting acquainted, have only called them using the Edge without even thinking to go into my contacts or recent call logs. I also use it for my most frequently used apps, and probable use it 50% of the time for those.

But yeah, it does just LOOK good too...
    03-31-2016 08:10 AM
    I love the Edge display, especially for the night clock.
    Stwutter likes this.
    03-31-2016 08:24 AM
    I agree, the edges are really immersive

Stwutter likes this.
    03-31-2016 09:43 AM
    I love the Edge display, especially for the night clock.
    Yeah the night clock rocks

Stwutter likes this.
    03-31-2016 09:44 AM
    These days I’m fascinated by the stereo visual effect on the edge screen part of my newly purchased S7 E and watched three movies (MP4 videos encoded from my own DVDs) in a row.
    03-31-2016 10:04 AM
    I had s7e and switched to s7. The s7 for me is noticeably more white. In the end I wanted a glass screen protector. I had a love hate relationship with the edge screen. It was annoying sometimes(sensitive), but overall makes the phone look sleek. Happy with the s7 for now until the note 6...
    Today i tested a live demo unit of both s7 and s7e at store , s7 display looks brighter and more colorful then s7e am i right?

03-31-2016 10:19 AM
    Today i tested a live demo unit of both s7 and s7e at store , s7 display looks brighter and more colorful then s7e am i right?

No, the s7 shouldn't be any brighter or colorful. You simply viewed the phones with different screen or brightness settings and/or the light falling on the S7e ambient light sensor was dimmer.
    03-31-2016 12:34 PM
    No, the s7 shouldn't be any brighter or colorful. You simply viewed the phones with different screen or brightness settings and/or the light falling on the S7e ambient light sensor was dimmer.
    I viewed my S7 and S7 Edge with auto brightness on on both outside in direct sunlight and the S7 Edge was slightly brighter.

03-31-2016 02:46 PM
    I am asking only in indoor codition not oudoor condition, when i use it in dark environments (like in room ) galaxy S7 is lot brighter and vibrant then galaxy s7 edge, you have both handset you can compare it thanks

04-01-2016 12:49 AM
    I viewed my S7 and S7 Edge with auto brightness on on both outside in direct sunlight and the S7 Edge was slightly brighter.

I am asking only in indoor codition not oudoor condition, when i use it in dark environments (like in room ) galaxy S7 is lot brighter and vibrant then galaxy s7 edge, you have both handset you can compare it thanks

04-01-2016 12:51 AM
    I don't use the edge display because I think it's pointless. According to GSM Arena, the edge apps kill the battery faster anyways so that's another good reason not to use it.
    04-01-2016 12:59 AM
    I don't use the edge display because I think it's pointless. According to GSM Arena, the edge apps kill the battery faster anyways so that's another good reason not to use it.
    That's not true in my experience. I use the Edge apps frequently.

04-01-2016 04:10 AM

Just tested both of them where I am and I held them both under a counter and the Edge was still brighter with whiter whites. I was looking at the exact same Web page to do the comparison. The difference was more marked than the outdoor test.

04-01-2016 04:38 AM
    The Edge Display is nice. But I think most people get it cause it's feels more premium. I kinda feel like it was like the S4 when they introduced the waving features.. no one REALLY used that... Though I can see more people using the edge features.
    04-01-2016 04:35 PM
    I absolutely love the curved edges of the Edge. I resisted last year's s6 edge and edge+ but this year I pulled the trigger on it and I am glad I did. It's like having zero bezel at all.
    04-01-2016 06:56 PM
    I will admit if I had the option to have an s7 at 5.5 without the edge I would have jumped on it. I still got the S7e and I'm still not sure if I dig it yet..

How about you?

I'm the opposite. I'd rather a 5.1" Galaxy S7 with the edge display.
    04-01-2016 08:06 PM
    That edge display is definitely a looker..
    04-04-2016 03:33 PM
    As others have said, don't really care about the edge panels, I just love the look of the display. The curves give the screen an almost 3D like appearance. Love it.

04-04-2016 03:42 PM
    I would not get an Edge device ever again. I can't stand it.

I like the larger battery, and the overall look, but would jump over to a standard S7 (or better yet, a different manuf phone), if given the opportunity.
    04-04-2016 04:17 PM
48 12