Here we go again, Stock Keyboard, Swiftkey or...

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I know we have done this for every phone that comes out but in feel it's OK to ask again since every keyboard performs different with each handset.

So I have been going back and forth between stock and Google keyboard, I live the layout and simplicity of Google but corrections seem weak compared to stock and I have a tendency to type fast and slightly sloppy and Google can't keep up.

Stock does keep up but it has its own issues like email addresses on names and the keys feel a little cramped compared to Google.

So what's your thought currently on swiftkey, especially after the M$ takeover.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: Heron we go again, Stock Keyboard, Swiftkey or...

Lol can a mod please correct my title typo please, from Heron to Here :)

Cheers

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site

Unless they screw it up SwiftKey is always the first app I download on a new phone or tablet.

DFranch

May 22, 2014
Visit site

I've got to say, the default keyboard is pretty good. I've been using swiftkey on my last couple of phones & I haven't missed it on the edge. I might stick with the Samsung keyboard.

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site

So I am testing SwiftKey right now, keyboard size seems much bigger than stock, not the amount of space it takes up but the actual size of the keys, its definitely not cramped like the stock keyboard.

Predictions seem as good as stock if not better, only issue is thing thing is chock full of stuff I will never use lol, how is this on battery drain?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

The stock keyboard may be the best OEM keyboard I've used. But I've tried a number of different ones, and always go back to Swiftkey. Now that it's free to download, it's a no-brainer.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site

I have always used Swiftkey on my androids, but I am still using the stock one on this phone because it works well, and I'm trying to stay as stock as possible for a while as an experiment

There's already a thread on this subject and the concensus is stock works pretty well :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Blacklance

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site

Swype here. You hardly even need to look down to use it once you get the feel for it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Lol can a mod please correct my title typo please, from Heron to Here :)

Cheers

Fixed.

Also... SwiftKey! (as seen in my photo below)

Attachments

• 1459305689334.jpg
    1459305689334.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 142

paridge

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Two nice features of SwiftKey: It learns from you so that it can improve predictions, and the cloud feature allows those data to follow you from device to device. Of course, you can adjust the keyboard size as well.

wu-wei

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I understand this is a totally subjective topic, but...

I've used BlackBerry devices for the last 10 years or so (from before they completely lost control of their market domination). I always loved their physical keyboards, as did virtually all of their users.

When their new BB10 devices came out, I resisted the idea of a virtual keyboard for many reasons. Regardless, I picked up a Z10 the first day it was available on my carrier at the time.

In my opinion, the BlackBerry keyboard is the best virtual keyboard out there, bar none. For someone who swore he'd never switch to a VKB, the BlackBerry implementation has now convinced me that I could never go back to a PKB.

Again, I know this is all subjective and lots of folks have their own standbys. Just sharing my experience here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non