Here we go again, Stock Keyboard, Swiftkey or...

Thiscrapsucks35

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I actually like the stock Samsung kb simply b/c I don't have to toggle/shift anything to access numbers.

Are there any other keyboards that show letters and numbers on the same "page"?

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
While I have to admit the stock Samsung keyboard is leaps and bounds better than most OEM keyboards (Heck, even some third party ones) I cannot go more than a few hours before I install SwiftKey! It's partly because I am so comfortable with it after years of using it, but I also really feel it's predictions and learning are far superior to any other. Arrow keys and emoji predictions have now become one of my must haves.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I actually like the stock Samsung kb simply b/c I don't have to toggle/shift anything to access numbers.

Are there any other keyboards that show letters and numbers on the same "page"?

SwiftKey does. It's theme dependent, but plenty of their themes have this type layout.

Keith Molloy

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Iam using swiftkey as i ALWAYS do but i seem to be having awful trouble with it on the s7 edge. When in use it seems to be registering random presses and is ruining the experience. I cant figure out if its actually swiftkey or if its my hand touching the screen when reaching across to the left side of the keyboard as its a relatively bigger stretch then what iam used to despite having large hands. I might revert to stock for a while and see if the problem persists. Bloody annoying because its the only fault i can find so far but its bugging me massively :(

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I did like the stock keyboard but I switched to SwiftKey. Only reason for switching is because SwiftKey spent the last 2 years learning how I type. So as soon as I installed it it knew my typing style and words.

Posted via S7 edge 😍

PretzelLogic

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
I am new to Android. Before getting my S7 I've always had iPhones. I don't know what the default keyboard is on this phone but it is amazing. At first I had no idea what was going on, I just noticed blue streaks behind my finger when I typed on it. Then I figure out I could just slide my finger around over the letters and it figured out what I was trying to type. It works almost all the time, it's like freakin magic.

Ronnie Sandifer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
about 70% of what i type is by swyping and for me swiftkey doesnt cut it. I try it at least 2 times a year for a few days then switch back to the google keyboard. For what ever reason swiftkey just picks tons of the wrong words when I swype. Ive wondered if it could have anything to do with me being left handed. I know that doesnt make sence but it has to be something because so many people love it and it just sucks for me!

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
about 70% of what i type is by swyping and for me swiftkey doesnt cut it. I try it at least 2 times a year for a few days then switch back to the google keyboard. For what ever reason swiftkey just picks tons of the wrong words when I swype. Ive wondered if it could have anything to do with me being left handed. I know that doesnt make sence but it has to be something because so many people love it and it just sucks for me!

I'm one of those who loves SwiftKey, but I never swipe. I wonder if others who do also love SwiftKey.

SocratesRising

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I swype 99% of the time. I've tried to like SwiftKey but it just doesn't swype as good as Swype. I've also tried stock google on M8 and it isn't bad actually, but prefer Swype. I've tried several other keyboards as well with the swype function and they always disappoint compared to Swype. I'd highly recommend anyone who enjoys swyping on SwiftKey give it a try on Swype and notice the difference.

Captpt

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I swype 99% of the time. I've tried to like SwiftKey but it just doesn't swype as good as Swype. I've also tried stock google on M8 and it isn't bad actually, but prefer Swype. I've tried several other keyboards as well with the swype function and they always disappoint compared to Swype. I'd highly recommend anyone who enjoys swyping on SwiftKey give it a try on Swype and notice the difference.

I always liked swype and it was my daily driver, I just came back to Android after a 3 month windows hiatus and been trying other keyboards just for the fun of it(haven't gone back to skype yet but will eventually lol)..
Google Keyboard is ok but tired of the choose keyboard notification that keeps popping up even though I set it up correctly, 3 times!! Now I'm take Swiftkey for a ride.. Actually the first time I ever tried it.

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issues with the stock keyboard. It replaces words with emails, or even things like "thank you!" Will auto change to "thank I!" For no reason when I'm not spelling anything wrong. SUPER irritating. I'm also a very fast typer so this drives me insane to go back deleting all the time.

I find that Googles keyboards are overall very good but can be a bit laggy and gitchy sometimes. I've had them freeze up before or are laggy to pop up at all.

Swiftkey is also good, especially if you like to change the layout, colors, etc. But I had a hard time getting that one to learn words I needed it to autpcorrect for me.

Posted via the Android Central App

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I do not really Swype but I should try it some time, I touch type and type faster than my typical accuracy can handle, so I am looking for the very best keyboard to help correct my mistakes with out tons of assistance from me backing up and retyping all the time.

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
So I am testing typing with Fleksy now, this is really odd but it's fairly fast. I feel like it corrects fairly well snd layout is certainly roomy but I am going to need to mess around with getting used to these gestures.

Any one use Fleksy?

Faded03cobra198p

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
So I am testing typing with Fleksy now, this is really odd but it's fairly fast. I feel like it corrects fairly well snd layout is certainly roomy but I am going to need to mess around with getting used to these gestures.

Any one use Fleksy?

I use Fleksy. By far my favorite keyboard.

Posted via the Android Central App