How to delete/remove Samsung stock bookmark folder?

A

AC Question

How to delete/remove samsung stock bookmark folder

Ive tried looking for the answer read a couple other topics for older galaxys. I couldnt find anything specific to the s7/edge. Does anyone know if anyway to edit or completely remove this folder? Its kind of a nuissance sitting at the top of my bookmark widget...i have tried some of the fixes i found to no prevail. Some things i tried include going into the internet browser and the bookmarks manager to delete unfortunately the folder greys out once you hit edit...along with the boostmobile homepage (which id like to know if anyone found a way to edit or delete that as im having the same problem with this specific bookmark) i have also tried going into the application manager and looking for the com. File to disable partner bookmarks except that "app" doesnt even appear in the application manager...atm its sounding like the only possability of getting it removed is via root? Anyone shed some light on this? Id prefer not to look into rooting

dyna mike

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: How to delete/remove samsung stock bookmark folder

Ive tried looking for the answer read a couple other topics for older galaxys. I couldnt find anything specific to the s7/edge. Does anyone know if anyway to edit or completely remove this folder? Its kind of a nuissance sitting at the top of my bookmark widget...i have tried some of the fixes i found to no prevail. Some things i tried include going into the internet browser and the bookmarks manager to delete unfortunately the folder greys out once you hit edit...along with the boostmobile homepage (which id like to know if anyone found a way to edit or delete that as im having the same problem with this specific bookmark) i have also tried going into the application manager and looking for the com. File to disable partner bookmarks except that "app" doesnt even appear in the application manager...atm its sounding like the only possability of getting it removed is via root? Anyone shed some light on this? Id prefer not to look into rooting

I found the file that you can supposedly disable to stop these bookmarks. its called com.android.providers.partnerbookmarks

its only visible if you select "show system apps" from the applications page. I force stopped and disabled. doesn't seem to have done anything to those annoying f***n bookmarks though... sure does irritate me that samsung would force such a trivial thing on its users...

Mike994

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
Well, what I did is the following

I wanted to sync my Chrome desktop bookmarks -> Chrome Android.
The Chrome desktop bookmarks actually should be in line with Firefox bookmarks (using that too).
So in Firefox I exported the bookmarks to a html file.

Now...
1. On Android: go to apps, select Chrome, tap on clear data and then disable.
2. On desktop: Chrome-Bookmarks-Bookmarks manager: clear all data
3. On desktop: Chrome-Bookmarks-Bookmarks manager: import from HTML (exported from Firefox)
4. Organize things if you wish,
(In my case I have a number of folders and some single frequently used bookmarks, not stored in some folder and I have moved all that from 'Imported' within Chrome Desktop to 'Bookmarks bar')
5. Then On desktop: Chrome->Settings->Sign in
6. Select Advanced Sync Settings + OK
7. On Android, apps, enable Chrome again, enter Google account details (gmail account)
8. Android Chrome->three dot->Settings, tap on account, at the top
9. tap on sync and make sure that items are tagged, or enable Sync Everything
10. In my case, when I click on the 'star'-bookmarks at the bottom of my home screen
(I have set the google search page as home screen) the bookmarks will show up in Bookmarks Bar folder

Probably there is an easier way. It is strange that one can not delete all bookmarks in 1 action.
e.g. long tap a folder in Android Bookmarks, then select [select all] or something and then delete.

=

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton