03-31-2018 01:34 AM
87 1234
tools
    I had semi thick pinkish/purple horizontal line on the bottom of my screen.... now it is in the same spot, but a faint flickering blackish maybe dark purple line. Also when I set my phone down and it goes to the screensaver, it goes back to the thick line and it's neon green!!
    I did download a theme....but can't delete the under settings>themes and selecting the one I know I downloaded and I'm not able to locate it anywhere else on my phone! Anybody familiar or have any help for me?
    Thanks in advance!!
    07-11-2016 12:14 AM
    Hello Guys,
    i have a Samsung Note Edge, yesterday while walking in market, without any reason i got a green line on my Note edge screen on it's edge.
    no dropped or fallen and also not any force or weight put on screen. any one have idea our solution ?
    Attached Thumbnails Vertical Purple Line on Screen-13576537_856422531128791_1062476883_n.jpg  
    07-12-2016 04:38 AM
    i also go a line on my Note edge, you see the picture i uploaded in below post.
    07-12-2016 04:49 AM
    Woke up and a thin purple/pinkish line on the power button side, top to bottom on the display. Push lightly near the Samsung logo at the top and I can make it appear and disappear (someone posted about this).
    Sending me a replacement under factory warranty. No sending it in.

Looks like Sammy has an issue with the displays. Verizon was very good about it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Yes many have display issues..and samsung is replacing them without any questions...I was happy with new screen..new metal frame and new home button. Will extent for 2nd year warranty...

posted from Limited red and gold Lumia 950, Beautiful S7 Edge gold or Surface pro 4
    07-12-2016 08:26 AM
    Hello Guys,
    i have a Samsung Note Edge, yesterday while walking in market, without any reason i got a green line on my Note edge screen on it's edge.
    no dropped or fallen and also not any force or weight put on screen. any one have idea our solution ?
    If u have warranty then claim it...or else u need screen replacement

posted from Limited red and gold Lumia 950, Beautiful S7 Edge gold or Surface pro 4
    07-12-2016 08:27 AM
    It's been 3 weeks and I still haven't receive my phone back from Samsung repair... I miss my Gold S6 Edge...
    07-28-2016 11:19 AM
    This is the same as the pink line issue, send it back to Samsung and they should replaced the screen if under warranty. If not, good luck, they say it's not a known issue, but if you search for it, so many posts about this across many different boards.
    07-28-2016 03:58 PM
    I have still got this pink line problem
    07-28-2016 06:51 PM
    I called Samsung they said you should first factory reset the phone that might fix the issue which I really believe It won't
    07-28-2016 06:53 PM
    My Galaxy S7 Edge started showing this vertical line about a weeks ago, only it's pink, not purple. Furthermore, it was initially a single line although now it's usually a "double" pink line with one line thicker than the other. I've included a screenshot.

This line also started appearing out of nowhere. My S7 Edge has also been working flawlessly for the past few months or so and it's never been dropped. All-of-a-sudden, the line was just there. I don't remember exactly when it first appeared but it is pretty annoying.

I talked to Samsung support a few days ago. The tech, of course did not believe it was a screen defect and had me try several things, none-of-which helped any, of course. He recommended that, since I have insurance with Verizon, I try Verizon first since the replacement would be a lot faster and more efficient. I'll probably check with Verizon but tend to think I'll be better off having it repaired under warranty from Samsung (although I don't particularly like the two-week wait). I have to check my Verizon insurance but, if I remember correctly, it's not a totally free replacement. The Samsung Tech is supposed to call me back in a few days.

Does anyone have any comments or suggestions? I'm also curious as to whether or not a screen replacement would require a factory reset of the S7? Thank you.

UPDATE: After previewing my reply before posting it, I just realized that the screenshot I uploaded does NOT show the vertical pink line(s). I thought it was there when I first created the screenshot. But it's definitely not there now. I'll upload another screenshot later if I can get one that shows the pink line(s). Sorry about that.
    So after reading this I decided to check the screenshot that I had just taken and it too had no pink line... And it won't because the issue is with the display and not the images that are being displayed. You will need to take a picture of the screen with another device. Hope this helps!
    08-03-2016 01:24 AM
    My first Edge had it. Sammy replaced it.
    Now the replacement phone has it off and on.
    Sammy has a problem Houston!

08-03-2016 07:30 AM
    Verizon is sending me my 2nd replacement phone due to this issue.

This will be Sammys last chance, perhaps. Three and you might be out!

08-09-2016 03:25 PM
    Sent mine to Samsung for repair today
    08-09-2016 06:51 PM
    It looks like I'm just starting to get the same problem as you guys. A pink line going down the right hand side of my s7 edge screen. It first appeared a few hours ago and has been coming and going (it's came on about 4 times, disappeared just before typing this message on the phone).

I've taken good care of the phone and got it in brand new condition, however I obtained the s7 edge by swapping/trading my 64gb iPhone for it on a forum with another member. I'm wondering if I will have difficulties trying to use the warranty with Samsung since I'm not the original owner?

Does anybody have any ideas?
    08-10-2016 09:01 PM
    Thanks for the help, it keeps happening to me
    08-14-2016 01:38 AM
    Can someone who is experiencing this try sliding a mirror around the front screen(without actually touching it of course). I know on CRT screens this same scenario would happen if it were not for auto degaussing on TV's. Magnet is essentially degaussing. So... I was wondering maybe a magnetic backing is causing this?
    08-16-2016 04:01 PM
    Hello,

I have a pink line in the exact same space (actually there seems to be 2 or 3), and same as you they disappear when i press on the Samsung logo on top. What did you do to get it fixed ? Did the warranty work ? or did they just use the excuse "you made it fall" and so warranty doesn't apply ?

Actually I am quite intrigued that pink lines seam to appear in the near exact same position for everybody !
    08-20-2016 12:52 PM
    Note this one: it all depends on their will
    https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/...ht/true/page/2
    08-23-2016 02:35 PM
    I have T-Mobile S7 Edge since March 1st without any problems whatsoever...However, while at work tonight, I had a Vertical Purple Line appear on my screen out of nowhere. I have a UAG case on my phone and haven't dropped it or anything. I was pissed off, to be honest. After about 4 hours when I got off work, I got in my car and turned on the phone, it was gone. Has anyone else experienced this?
    I have ur exact problem the same spot too it came out of no where im glad to hear im not the only one with this problem how did u get it fixed to warrenty cover it?
    09-03-2016 12:39 PM
    I have ur exact problem the same spot too it came out of no where im glad to hear im not the only one with this problem how did u get it fixed to warrenty cover it?
    I contacted Samsung and they did a Warranty Repair. It took about 8 days or so to send it in, get it repaired and sent back. Ever since I got it back, I haven't had any issues at all. If I were you, I would go the Warranty Repair Route
    09-04-2016 07:52 AM
    WILL NEVER BUY A SAMSUNG PRODUCT AGAIN! After years of being a loyal Samsung customer (Galaxy mobile phones, TV's, and of late smart watches) it is with regret that I will NEVER buy, let alone recommend anyone to purchase their products. I purchased a galaxy gear 2 (Smart watch) within weeks, not months had to send it in for repair due to a defective LCD, sent away by my retailer and had the screen replaced - all good but a massive inconvenience. Now comes the icing on the cake - weeks later my 4 month old galaxy S7 edge had a purple vertical line running down the right hand side of the screen. I took the phone to the Samsung store in Parramatta and store attendant acknowledged the fault even taking a photo of it with his device and gave me job number 4219827526 and said the phone will be retunes within 3 days or the technician will call me to discuss the cost of replacing it if it wasn't a manufacturing fault.

1. Phone was not retuned after a week or any customer contact made so I had to chase it up
    2. No call or resolution was made nor given
    3. Phone was sent back stating "no fault found". When the store attended turned my phone on he was shocked to see the purple line clearly still on display.

I've since rung Samsung's overseas call center numerous times, only to be told a case manager will call you back within 24 hours (to which no one every does), placed on hold for 30 minutes to then have the line conviently drop out (happened twice) and finally told that a representative from Samsung Australia (Luke apparently) will call me - which of course hasn't. So after nearly a month of me having to chase, chase, chase with no resolution or no one more avenues for customer assistance I guess I have to suck it up and use a brand new FAULTY $1100 phone.

AFTER NEARLY A DECADE OF LOYALTY TO SAMSUNG I GUESS I WILL RETURN TO THE IPHONE AS THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND CUSTOMER RETENTION ARE FAR SUPERIOR AND MORE IMPORTANT THAN THAT OF SAMSUNG.

Check out the link below. People with the same issue and this seems to be an ongoing fault if you google vertical purple line Samsung TV, GALAXY, GEAR. So i urge anyone reading this DO NOT BUY THEIR PRODUCTS, IF YOU HAVE A GENUINE FAULT DEVICE YOU'LL BE GIVEN THE RUN AROUND UNTIL YOU JUST GIVE UP.

*http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...en-issues.html
    09-18-2016 04:20 PM
    Can someone who is experiencing this try sliding a mirror around the front screen(without actually touching it of course). I know on CRT screens this same scenario would happen if it were not for auto degaussing on TV's. Magnet is essentially degaussing. So... I was wondering maybe a magnetic backing is causing this?
    Not sure what you mean exactly using a mirror but I am experiencing this and have a magnet on the back of my case which is used on my phone, could be coincidence but maybe you're on to something?
    Anyone else using a magnetic case or holder with their phone?
    09-26-2016 05:15 PM
    Not sure what you mean exactly using a mirror but I am experiencing this and have a magnet on the back of my case which is used on my phone, could be coincidence but maybe you're on to something?
    Anyone else using a magnetic case or holder with their phone?
    I have the purple/pink line that comes and goes depending upon pressure around the G of Samsung. I do not have any magnetic case whatsoever.

I have a temporary fix by dialing *#0*#, and then tapping RED. The entire screen goes red and I leave it there for 4 or 5 minutes. After I exit this screen the purple line has disappeared from my screen, but it unfortunately reappears from anywhere from an hour to a few days. I have then repeated this procedure a few times.
    09-26-2016 05:48 PM
    Return mobile ... purple line wiil be comes again 100% sure edge screens is not good this problem im facing
    09-28-2016 01:35 PM
    Sounds to me as if there is a calibration problem within the screen hardware. Maybe just pixels getting stuck?
    09-29-2016 10:27 AM
87 1234