Can anyone verify if this would work?

One of my lines used the upgrade early to monthly payment plan to get the S7 - he will actually get it today.

My plan is to add a line to my account - then transfer my number to that line - which a verizon rep told me would work since you have to add a new line to get the BOGO promo.

My question is - if I add the line and purchase the phone at Best Buy will I qualify for the promo still? I have some gift cards to Best Buy so it would be nice to use those and still be able to get the promo?

Thanks.
    03-31-2016 06:35 AM
    Can anyone verify if this would work?

One of my lines used the upgrade early to monthly payment plan to get the S7 - he will actually get it today.

My plan is to add a line to my account - then transfer my number to that line - which a verizon rep told me would work since you have to add a new line to get the BOGO promo.

My question is - if I add the line and purchase the phone at Best Buy will I qualify for the promo still? I have some gift cards to Best Buy so it would be nice to use those and still be able to get the promo?

Thanks.
    Welcome to Android Central!

I don't see why it won't work, Bestbuy is an authorized dealer and should pretty much have access to everything a Verizon store would.
    04-04-2016 08:56 AM
    Is this BOGO still going on? If you are paying full retail I guess the BOGO would not work?
    04-04-2016 09:30 AM
    I ended up going through verizon...but the promo is still active on the digital rebate center website I believe it is www.yourdigitalrebatecenter.com the promo code is s7-promo.
    04-10-2016 08:29 AM
    Verizon sent me an email saying they're extending me the offer of BOGO because I preordered before the promo was available.

I did the math and it would cost about $185 to get the free phone. (Tax plus six months of $20 line fee until cancelled)
    04-10-2016 11:04 AM
    Just got a denial on the BOGO. Reason: Missing / illegible installment agreements

I resent my installment contracts and the activation summaries for both lines. Hard to dispute with this information. Even the activation summaries have the installment contract ID on them. Everything matches up on both forms.
    04-11-2016 01:48 PM
    Verizon sent me an email saying they're extending me the offer of BOGO because I preordered before the promo was available.

I did the math and it would cost about $185 to get the free phone. (Tax plus six months of $20 line fee until cancelled)
    But doesnt the phone have to stay active for the 6 months? You can't just turn around and sell the phone, right?
    04-11-2016 07:48 PM
    I was denied on Friday. I was furious.

T-Mobile directed me to Samsung and stated this was a Samsung issue. I sat on hold for an hour with Samsung only to be told that I need to call T-Mobile. This set me off even more.

I called T-Mobile back and decided to take a calm and cool approach. I let them know about that inconvenience. The reason it was denied was that my original line is on Jump on Demand and was a lease, not a true installment plan. I let them know that I was assured that wasn't an issue when I called customer service to add the line and do the BOGO offer. They escalated my call and applied a credit for the full price of the second Phone to my account.

The lesson, some times it pays to call and be calm and have a professional demeanor. Also, don't trust T-Mobile reps that are pushing a sale initially.

Either way, it worked out this time.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-11-2016 09:16 PM
    But doesnt the phone have to stay active for the 6 months? You can't just turn around and sell the phone, right?
    Sure you can. But I would recommend keeping the phone until the six months are up and cancelling the line.
    04-11-2016 09:17 PM
    Sure you can. But I would recommend keeping the phone until the six months are up and cancelling the line.
    but after 6 months, the phone wont be worth as much, and doesnt make sense in my opinion.
    04-12-2016 12:32 AM
    but after 6 months, the phone wont be worth as much, and doesnt make sense in my opinion.
    You think the phone price will drop that much in six months? The S6 did not do this.
    rdubmu likes this.
    04-12-2016 10:51 AM
    I was told by Verizon that since I went for the Gear S2 that I was not eligible for the BOGO promo. Only one promotion per phone

04-12-2016 12:46 PM
    I was told by Verizon that since I went for the Gear S2 that I was not eligible for the BOGO promo. Only one promotion per phone
    Who told you that? Verizon wouldn't even know if you applied for the S2, that's done through prize logic. I'm doing this, so better not be the case.
    xocomaox likes this.
    04-12-2016 12:59 PM
    Who told you that? Verizon wouldn't even know if you applied for the S2, that's done through prize logic. I'm doing this, so better not be the case.
    I think you're right.
    04-12-2016 05:39 PM
    I bought my wife an S7 and then I did the promo for Gear S2, still waiting on that by the way, and then got an email for a free S7 or Edge, so I went with another phone and S7 edge and I filled out all of the paperwork for that, it has been a week on that waiting for the rebate status to update on that.
    04-17-2016 08:00 PM
    I did the BOGO offer via tmobile. They submitted the offer at the time I purchased the phones. I have a confirmation print out from the tmobile rep that submitted the info. This was on March 12th. Nothing shows up on the status page, I've had that happen once before so I don't take it as a sign of rejection or anything. How long does it take to get the Mastercard? Has anyone gotten theirs yet?

04-17-2016 10:27 PM