Hi,

Dumb Q, with an answer I already know (probably)... but when I've read/watched reviews of the S7E, the majority are US based, and, when talking about the Edge functionality, the Yahoo sports scores option is often mentioned, usually with a graphic of Basket/Baseball team logos & scores. That's an Edge tab I would definitely find useful...

I'm assuming that this is simply just missing as an option on the non-US/Canadian variants? I'm in the UK, and there's no option either on the Edge from get-go, or in the Edge store. Most, if not all of the other options seem to be universal.

Just checking that I'm not just missing something under my nose...
    03-31-2016 08:45 AM
    Probably because no UK teams would be available? I see it on mine but I'm using an US version. You could, maybe, find the APK and manually install it, but not sure it'll pull UK teams (or if you're only interested in teams on this side of the puddle, then that could work).
    Stwutter likes this.
    03-31-2016 08:50 AM
    Probably because no UK teams would be available? I see it on mine but I'm using an US version. You could, maybe, find the APK and manually install it, but not sure it'll pull UK teams (or if you're only interested in teams on this side of the puddle, then that could work).
    I'd like the the UK teams option, but I'm into NFL/NBA too, so it would be handy anyway. I may have a look around for the APK...
    03-31-2016 08:56 AM
    I don't get why something like this isn't available in all regions (like, apparently, the 'Good Lock' UI thing that's not available in the UK). If it doens't pull UK teams then yeah, I understand, Yahoo! hasn't rolled that out there yet, but is it too weird for someone abroad to follow US teams? I don't think so...
    03-31-2016 09:13 AM
    I don't get why something like this isn't available in all regions (like, apparently, the 'Good Lock' UI thing that's not available in the UK). If it doens't pull UK teams then yeah, I understand, Yahoo! hasn't rolled that out there yet, but is it too weird for someone abroad to follow US teams? I don't think so...
    True. I actually just went into the Galaxy store, and there was an update that included a news RSS option (which I'll use) as well as a couple of other new ones - we live in hope...
    03-31-2016 09:24 AM
    Really hope more devs do something useful with these edges. So far options are 'meh'.
    Stwutter likes this.
    03-31-2016 10:37 AM
    Really hope more devs do something useful with these edges. So far options are 'meh'.
    By all accounts, it's far superior to the S6 (which was almost useless, apparently). I'm genuinely using it a lot, which surprised me. I have my 5 most used contacts, and use the Edge to call them probably 90% of the time, 3 RSS feeds on the new tab & the apps tab filled up & regularly used. But yeah, you'd think there would be some more options over a year in - but then, did the S6E really sell enough to encourage it? Hoping the S7E figures justify dev's attention maybe...
    04-01-2016 08:23 AM
    That's the thing, this is the THIRD iteration of Edge screens (yes, the Note Edge existed). Even the couple paid options available seem to be very basic and crappy. I mean, come on, no music controls on the edge!?? No clock on the Edge preview panes? It's simple things that make you go 'really? am I the only one missing this?'.
    04-01-2016 10:31 AM
    That's the thing, this is the THIRD iteration of Edge screens (yes, the Note Edge existed). Even the couple paid options available seem to be very basic and crappy. I mean, come on, no music controls on the edge!?? No clock on the Edge preview panes? It's simple things that make you go 'really? am I the only one missing this?'.
    Exactly what I was thinking! Some basic no brainers missing. It makes me think this feature is not taken serious. I'd love to use it more, but if Samsung can't make it a priority, how can the rest of us.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-01-2016 11:41 PM