Hello, would anyone know, if I purchase an S7 Edge from Movistar Colombia, will I be able to eventually use it in the U.S. I assume that I would have to unlock the phone at some point but I've read that LTE signals may differ. I'm hoping someone in here may have some knowledge of this.
    Thank you.
    04-02-2016 03:05 PM
    Hello, would anyone know, if I purchase an S7 Edge from Movistar Colombia, will I be able to eventually use it in the U.S. I assume that I would have to unlock the phone at some point but I've read that LTE signals may differ. I'm hoping someone in here may have some knowledge of this.
    Thank you.
    Hello and welcome to Android Central lordhelmet!

Because the U.S.A. has a fragmented cell phone network, you will not be able to use the Global GSM model on the CDMA networks in the U.S.A. These include, Verizon, Sprint and US Cellular.
    lordhelmet likes this.
    04-02-2016 03:10 PM
    Yes, that I am aware of. Just want to be sure that I would be able to use it with T-Mobile or AT&T. I would prefer Verizon, but I'm gonna be in Colombia for an extended period of time and am not wanting to wait to get the CDMA S7, lol. I know that I'd be able to use it per se, but I just remember reading somewhere that mobile data speed may be affected. And thank you.
    04-02-2016 03:23 PM
    Not to sure but it wont have some bands the u.s. carriers support. Look up the bands the international version has, then call att and t mobile and ask them if they support that band. Hopefully they do, as the exynos S7 has better battery life and is faster and better ram management...

Posted via the Android Central App
    lordhelmet likes this.
    04-03-2016 11:41 AM
    Yes, that I am aware of. Just want to be sure that I would be able to use it with T-Mobile or AT&T. I would prefer Verizon, but I'm gonna be in Colombia for an extended period of time and am not wanting to wait to get the CDMA S7, lol. I know that I'd be able to use it per se, but I just remember reading somewhere that mobile data speed may be affected. And thank you.
    Check to see what lte bands you need. The Verizon Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge has a good amount of international lte bands. I was able to get LTE when I visited my s7 edge's country of birth.
    lordhelmet likes this.
    04-03-2016 11:34 PM