11-23-2017 02:24 PM
41 12
tools
    To see all your apps in the app drawer, try uninstalling knox and reinstalling now launcher. In the know settings, there is an option to uninstall knox.
    06-10-2016 07:23 AM
    Yes, I have this issue also, it's happened before and its really annoying. I simply have to go back to touchwiz launcher. For a google operating system phone it shouldn't happen at all.

My app drawer consists of around 5 crappy apps that are already on the homescreens. youtube for example.

Have to go to touchwiz. Nothing wrong with it but choice with these phones, unlike crapple for example, is one of the reasons I choose samsung/android.

As you were, rant over.
    06-11-2016 03:59 AM
    I don't understand why some people get this issue. I put the Google now launcher on (which I used on my last phone) and it worked great. Uninstalled it though as it looks ridiculous with the huge touchwiz icons which can't be changed. I don't mind them in the touchwiz launcher because they are much smaller on max grid size

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-11-2016 08:55 AM
    Hi, I'm new to this forum so this might be posted in The wrong category.

I'm also new with using launchers, but I don't really like tuochwiz on my S7 Edge so I downloaded the Google Now Launcher. But i found that there's no call/phone app, just a contacts app. As you can see in the attached pictures. Also none of The apps I've downloaded to the phone followed to Google Now launchers app drawer or homescreen.

So does anyone knows how i can solve this, get a calling app and all the apps I've downloaded to touchwiz to come over to Google now?

Posted via the Android Central App
    I'm pretty sure your having the my knox app issue. Google now launcher and knox don't mix together well.
    I'm looking for an answer myself to see if it's possible to to fix it without uninstalling knox
    06-14-2016 05:27 PM
    I'm pretty sure your having the my knox app issue. Google now launcher and knox don't mix together well.
    I'm looking for an answer myself to see if it's possible to to fix it without uninstalling knox
    Any fix? I'm having this issue seemingly after the latest security update on the Note 7. Never had this happen on other Samsung phones. It was fine when I originally installed it and the update is the confidence here.
    08-21-2016 11:18 AM
    I had the same issues with Note 7, and I found out the problem was when I enabled the "security folder". I uninstalled the security folder and I was able again to see all the apps in my drawer.
    SenatorKelley likes this.
    08-24-2016 11:59 AM
    Thanks. I just uninstalled the secure folder and everything is fine now.
    SenatorKelley likes this.
    08-25-2016 09:11 AM
    I have this problem too with a new Samsung Note 5. It displays erratic behaviour with Google Now, but seems to work properly with TouchWiz. I may try Nova. Just letting you all know :-)
    09-11-2016 07:21 PM
    I would also like to confirm that if you have Secure Folders enabled with a Note 7 or the S7 / Edge there is a bug where it hides all your applications in the App launcher. I removed the Secure folder and all my apps returned. I tried the TouchWiz "clear cache" route and it didn't work. Just a heads up because this happened on two Samsung devices. Such a stupid application.
    09-21-2016 01:18 PM
    I can also confirm that uninstalling the Secure Folder on my Note 7 fixed the issue. It was working fine for a day or two, anyone know if there is a work around. It would be really nice to have have both Google Now work and the Secure Folder... Anyone figure out a way to allow both to work?
    09-23-2016 06:01 AM
    Uninstall of Knox worked for my Samsung Tab. Thanks!
    10-04-2016 12:46 AM
    What about the app drawer? Nothing in there?
    Nope, only the Google app
    11-05-2016 09:52 AM
    To see all your apps in the app drawer, try uninstalling knox and reinstalling now launcher. In the know settings, there is an option to uninstall knox.
    I've had the exact same problem as many of you but have found an imperfect workaround.

The problem is obviously with Knox and Google launcher. I like both. I think that if you want to use Google launcher and Knox, you need to disable all the Google apps in Knox, especially I assume Playstore.

Essentially you run Knox as pure Samsung - I think this will stop the Google app drawer disappearing apps but I haven't tried it for long enough to know
    12-14-2016 04:38 AM
    Was this ever resolved? I can't delete Knox, the "disable" button is greyed out. I already deleted secure folder. Everything works fine with Nova but I like the Google Now cards that Google Now launcher provides.
    09-07-2017 06:16 AM
    This is the solution. Knox has a thing called SECURE FOLDER. If you uninstal the secure folder app it will fix the problem. It worked for me. You do not have to uninstall Knox.
    09-24-2017 03:49 PM
    In my situation i can confirm it was SECURE FOLDER , i have just reset it to default (uninstall) then reboot the phone and apps were back again on Google Now Launcher . Device (samsung galaxy A5 2017 thank you guys ,,
    11-23-2017 02:24 PM
41 12