Can someone shed some light on the whole bloatware thing as its confusing me ha I downloaded one of those package disabling apps and it gives me a list of apps that are running and the option to disable them but it doesnt say wether or not disabling them will affect performance so i have no idea which to disable. Some have descriptions explaining what the app is used for and thats helpful as i can decide then to disable or not but most dont so i have no idea what they are. The app itself is running and using more ram then any of the apps i have disabled also so does that not defeat the purpose?

Is it safe to disable my default messaging service/app if i use a 3rd party app like textra or would disabling it affect textra also?
    04-03-2016 05:24 PM
    This thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...n-s7-edge.html will give you a pretty good starting place to figuring out what's mission critical and what is not.
    04-03-2016 05:28 PM
    Download package disabler pro or just regular version. Then click on the top right and click disabke all bloatware. Some of your non bloat apps may get disabled so look through what it disabled and uncheck them

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-03-2016 06:37 PM
    Is ram usage what causes battery drain? I downloaded package disabler thinking that it would be ideal for disabling unused services and it may even boost battery life a little so i went and disabled most apps that were using ram and were not necessary , however the package disabling app itself uses more ram then all the disabled apps combined lol Does that not defeat the purpose or am i clueless haha
    04-04-2016 06:27 PM