T-Mobile New Software Update

aspj111

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Are you serious or kidding (just curious)?

I would trust actual results.. Not an estimate..

I understand it don't mean I will only get 10 hours of battery life, but the estimated battery life did change dramatically and it was a bit shocking to see....

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I understand it don't mean I will only get 10 hours of battery life, but the estimated battery life did change dramatically and it was a bit shocking to see....

Am I missing something? You did the update at 100%? It was a heavy workout for the battery during update. Battery estimate would count that. Don't worry. Your good.

Posted via the Android Central App

aspj111

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Am I missing something? You did the update at 100%? It was a heavy workout for the battery during update. Battery estimate would count that. Don't worry. Your good.

No, I did the update and my phone was at around 50% I believe. I charged it and took that screenshot within 30 mins of taking it off the charger. I'm figuring it will take a day or so to level out. I just got nervous because if my phone is at full charge it usually has a battery estimate of around 40 hours.

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I seem to be losing a couple percent less per hour on the battery since the new update, so I'm pretty happy with it.

EchuOkan1

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Downloaded it today without a glitch. Don't see much difference on performance though (not like it needs it).

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I hope I'm not dreaming but after I did the updates I lost about 7% charged it back up and I've had the best battery life on this phone. I'm at 54% and just under 4 hours os screen time. I've been getting about 6 or so. I never in my life thought I would have an android phone hitting 8 hours of screen on time.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Well done T-Mobile (USA). That is quite a sizeable update and increase in changelist #, (see post #3), for their Snapdragon model.

Since firmware updates on the individual U.S. carrier branded models are at the discretion of the carriers concerned, it will be interesting to see how fast other U.S. carriers react with similar bugfix updates.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
In case if anyone is curious, the update didn't get rid of the annoying sd card notification when the phone is turned on each time.

Last edited:

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
After the update, my AOD has been very dim. Unreadable in the sun. Wonder what happened there?

The first time I tried AOD, it dimmed itself after a few minutes and that was the way I thought it should be. A few other times I tried it, it was always bright. Maybe it was always supposed to be dim to keep the battery from using the battery too much.

I just tried AOD on my phone and it started out being dim for a few seconds and then went full bright again as it was before.

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I think I said that exact same thing once or twice here on this forum. :cool:

So far I agree. I usually don't buy carrier phones anymore but not much choice in the US.
This is 1... The 6p a close second. Love them both

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
So far I agree. I usually don't buy carrier phones anymore but not much choice in the US.
This is 1... The 6p a close second. Love them both

I am still thinking of picking up a 6P one of these days and also ordering a S7 Edge unlocked version from BestBuy so I can root it. The best thing is, is that neither of those phones will come with the junk carriers insist on adding on.

For now though, I still feel the S7 Edge, is the best phone I have ever owned,

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Battery life seems better (but not by a lot), edge panel preview (notifications) still seem slow to appear when screen is off, but the screen over-sensitivity issues, including the random Multitasking button presses, seem to be gone now. That's about the only thing I've noticed since the update.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
In case if anyone is curious, the update didn't get rid of the annoying sd card notification when the phone is turned on each time.

Why would it? hehe It's like the notification about headphone level after each reboot. You only get it once (and Samsung chose to do it this way), and that's it. This one was supposed to fix (or maybe it was the last update?) issues some people were having with multiple notifications on the SD card even after the first one was dismissed. Now THAT'S annoying.

GoreJak

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: got tmobile update

The Always On Display 's Time and Clock stays in the same spot during charge. It moved up and down every minute before the update. I am not pleased about that, concerning that the display could be burnt in. I hope T-Mobile will put it back.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site

The Always On Display 's Time and Clock stays in the same spot during charge. It moved up and down every minute before the update. I am not pleased about that, concerning that the display could be burnt in. I hope T-Mobile will put it back.

Thank you for notifying us of that. I will check if it's happening on mine. If it is I would recommend turning it off. No question screen burn in is a risk then.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

I just tried it and yes, it is frozen in one spot. It also starts out dim and then goes full bright after a minute.