T-Mobile New Software Update

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: got tmobile update

I just tried it and yes, it is frozen in one spot. It also starts out dim and then goes full bright after a minute.

Me too. Damn T-Mobile or Samsung. That was a really stupid thing to 'fix'. I'm turning mine off now. GoreJak, thank you for letting everyone know. You probably saved some people screen burn in. It may be worth your starting a new thread about this so people are aware, or even emailing the folks on AC...

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Is screen burn-in a real risk?

Generally it only happens on store demo models that have been sitting on the same screen all day. So, theoretically it is possible with this if you have the phone screen off and the secondary display is live and in the same location for a long duration. That's why they had it constantly moving before this update.

GoreJak

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

I just spoke with a T-Mobile tech, she said there will be another update release. Also she said this latest update was Samsung's. I had turned my AOD off this morning, so....... I guess the waiting game starts.

brad419

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site

If I place my phone face down or have it in my pocket the AOD is off. I can see it come back on when I take it out of my pocket or pick it up off the desk.
And it moves on the screen when I pick it back up.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't mind. I tried the Always On screen and since it's so useless (other than having a clock there, for which I already have one on my wrist), I turned that off after a few hours. Since it took a while for this bug to 'show up', I'm guessing I'm not the only one that doesn't use it :p

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

If I place my phone face down or have it in my pocket the AOD is off. I can see it come back on when I take it out of my pocket or pick it up off the desk.
And it moves on the screen when I pick it back up.

I think if you disable the Dark Places option (which you have to if you want to use your phone in dark places or inside pouches that cover the sensor, like waterproof ones) that wouldn't work and the screen would still be on, at least in a pocket or bag...not sure if the face-down is using position sensors rather than light ones.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
From what I've heard, the next full update deals with camera and fast charging issues.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

lerimer

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
After this update I can say for sure that my phone is running way smoother and the animations on the edge panel don't lag anymore. Also I think this updated added the ability to share the video clip recorded before the picture if you have motion picture enabled.

Posted via the Android Central App

DaveInFL

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yesterday I had around 29 hours of battery life and still had 22% remaining with 3 hours of SOT. Not a heavy day but great to see that kind of battery life :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol