I know this has been a hot topic lately about the edge. A part of me thinks that I'm just bring paranoid about the battery. I came from a iPhone so worrying about the battery was never that big of a deal to me. However, on a iPhone you couldn't really get a in depth look about what was happening with your device.

I noticed some irregularities from yesterday to today. I unplugged my phone at 6AM on the dot and it is now 9:30AM. My battery is at 71% and I haven't really shut off my screen since then. Pretty good right? Well I have 360 Security on my device (idk how good it really is) and it tells me that there is something majorly eating my battery. That thing is mainly the android system with 83% battery consumption. Along with that, my battery seems to be running a bit warmer than it was just the other day.

If I'm just being paranoid I would love for someone to just point out that I am and be done with it. I turned off some sync options but I don't want to turn them all off in case something happens to my phone. Such as losing new contacts which is rather important to me.

Beyond all that, any advice or apps that could give me ease of mind?
    04-04-2016 08:31 AM
    3.5 hours of solid usage leaving you at 71% is amazing. I don't think you're being paranoid but that's not something to worry about.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-04-2016 08:33 AM
    Stop worrying and use your phone
    04-04-2016 08:43 AM
    3.5 hours of solid usage leaving you at 71% is amazing. I don't think you're being paranoid but that's not something to worry about.

Well at least I know I'm not completely crazy. I pretty much live off of my phone so that's what's causing my concerns. I usually have access to a charger 24/7 but I never liked the idea of constantly keeping it on a charger. Even before fast charging was a thing.
    04-04-2016 08:45 AM
    Well at least I know I'm not completely crazy. I pretty much live off of my phone so that's what's causing my concerns. I usually have access to a charger 24/7 but I never liked the idea of constantly keeping it on a charger. Even before fast charging was a thing.
    If you're really super concerned they make portable external battery packs that support quick charge. In the super rare event I forget to charge before I leave work I just whip out my external battery for the ride home.

04-04-2016 09:19 AM
    It also depends on "what your doing" on how quick your battery drains. I can use the Gear VR and play some VR games and drain my battery in an hour. I can also just txt and do some emails and get close to 2 days.
    04-04-2016 02:21 PM
    If you really want meaningful comments, you need to capture and post screen shots of your battery stats. If Android System is really using 80% of your battery something's not right, but I find that stat hard to believe.
    04-04-2016 03:01 PM
    So with your stats you posted that equals 3.5 hours of screen time at 30%, that puts you some where around 11.5 hours of SoY on a full charge haha, you have nothing to be concerned about.
    04-04-2016 05:54 PM