I just got an S7 Edge with a 128gb SD card. I have all of my photos from my old phone on my laptop (Win 10) that synced from my old phone.

I plugged in my SG7 Edge into my laptop via USB. The device showed up in File Manager on the laprop. I opened it and saw both the device and SD card. I opened the SD card and opened the DCIM folder. Then I copied all of the photos to the SD card.

My problem is that the pics on my phone had the create date changed. When I opened the Gallery app, it shows all the pics as being associated with today. I checked the pics' properties and they were all showing today's date as the create date.

I'm thinking that if I remove the card and just pop it into my laptop and copy directly, I'll keep the original dates. But I'm nervous to do that because of card format issues. I'd like to be able to retain my original dates so I can find pics easily in the gallery

My other problem is that I created a folder at the root of my SD card called 'music' and copied all my music (including album art). When I open Gallery it;s also showing all my album art and listing it all as today as well. Should I vw putting my music somewhere else which would exclude the album art from the Gallery app?
    04-04-2016 12:32 PM
    When I got my phone, I popped a brand new Sandisk SD card into my computer to copy files from my S6 edge that I had previously copied to my Windows 10 computer. Then I popped the card into the phone, and it worked. No problems.
    04-04-2016 06:56 PM
    Thanks. I'll give it a try.

Is there anything I can do to prevent album art from showing up in my gallery?

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-04-2016 10:16 PM
    I pulled the microSD card from my phone, put it in the SD adapter, and then in my laptop. I copied all of my music, pics, videos, and documents onto the card. All original dates were preserved and I'm no longer seeing album art in my Gallery app.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-06-2016 08:32 AM
    UPDATE: I copied my music from my laptop to my SD card to a folder called media / music. Within the music folder is a folder for each album with songs and album art. When my music was tagged, the album image embedded into most mp3s so I deleted all jpgs from folders within the music folder.

Now all the extraneous photo gallery albums are gone. And when I encounter a song with no album art, I use the tool to grab it from within the app (Rocket Player).

Posted via the Android Central App on the edge
    04-10-2016 04:39 PM