Edge lighting extension on notifications

andrewqp

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I was very excited with my s6 edge which is a great phone and i like a lot the feature where the screen lights up on the edges when the phone is face down when i get a phone call, but ultimatly I wanted that feature on evry notification i get, from messenger specially because I chat a lot on that app.

So i searched the store and the internet and i didn't found an app that does that so I decided to make one from me :)) but the app was so good that i decided to share with you guys. please tell me what do you think about it :)? it is on store if you want to try it: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...lighting.edge.edgelightinglite&token=5_WbWVms

I hope you enjoy the app

Attached Files:

Attachments

• SSF1.jpg
    SSF1.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 235
  • SSF2.jpg
    SSF2.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 237
  • SSF3.jpg
    SSF3.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 238
  • SSF8.jpg
    SSF8.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 236

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
So the free version doesn't actually DO anything? I installed it, and all I can do is demo the different colors and patterns.

Calling this a "lite" version is misleading at best. I can't even tell what apps it supports without buying the app.

The one piece of feedback I'll give you from the free version is that the patterns are over the top. A simple fade between black and the color, and back, would be all I'm interested in.

andrewqp

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
hi meyerweb, first of all thank you for your feedback we really need this kinf of information so we can upgrade and make a better app, actually right at this moment we work on a big update and we trying to support all the notifications you can get from your installed apps. The lite is actually a version where we want to show to our posibible customers that the app works (it has the gry color set) and it does the animation when you get a notification.

Yes you are rigth, the app itself (lite version) dosen't specify what apps we support, but we have a screenshot in the appstore where we show all the apps. We will work at this and trying to do a better experience for our custumers. thank you again and I would like to give you something on PM. Have a good day

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm still a little confused. With the lite version, should I be able to actually enable some notifications, or is it just the demo?

Many thanks for the PM. I'll be happy to provide more feedback.

andrewqp

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
With Lite version you can see for yourself that the app works when you get a notification from the apps we support, BUT the color by default it is gray and you can't choose different colors for different notification. yes, the screen will light up with the first animation when you get a notification, after you see that the apps works and we deliver what we promise you can buy the full version where for 0.99$ you can have not only all 16 colors but also 5 different animations and also you can select what color you want for each app.

We updated the lite version this morning to make more clear that the app works but only in gray color for all apps notification and show what apps we support for this moment. In a guture update you will be able to select what app do you want to give you a colorfull alert when you get a notification. we recomand to check our facebook page for updates and requests. Thank you

https://www.facebook.com/Edge-Lighting-216716532020966

also we have a video, if you want to see it :)

andrewqp

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
With Lite version you can see for yourself that the app works when you get a notification from the apps we support, BUT the color by default it is gray and you can't choose different colors for different notification. Yes, the screen will light up with the first animation when you get a notification, after you see that the apps works and we deliver what we promise you can buy the full version where for 0.99$ you can have not only all 16 colors but also 5 different animations and also you can select what color you want for each app.

We updated the lite version this morning to make more clear that the app works but only in gray color for all apps notification and show what apps we support for this moment. In a future update you will be able to select what app do you want to give you a colorful alert when you get a notification. We recommend to check our facebook page for updates and requests. Thank you

fb -> https://www.facebook.com/Edge-Lighting-216716532020966

andrewqp

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
With Lite version you can see for yourself that the app works when you get a notification from the apps we support, BUT the color by default it is gray and you can't choose different colors for different notification. Yes, the screen will light up with the first animation when you get a notification, after you see that the apps works and we deliver what we promise you can buy the full version where for 0.99$ you can have not only all 16 colors but also 5 different animations and also you can select what color you want for each app.

We updated the lite version this morning to make more clear that the app works but only in gray color for all apps notification and show what apps we support for this moment. In a future update you will be able to select what app do you want to give you a colorful alert when you get a notification. We recommend to check our facebook page for updates and requests. Thank you

fb link -> https://www.facebook.com/Edge-Lighting-216716532020966/

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
This is an awesome feature! I am curious though, how many people keep their phone face down? If so what is the circumstances you do this? That would be great if somehow this worked with screen facing up.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Look like a nice app. Is it possible to extended the edge notification light to any app. I would buy it for sure then. I don't use most of the apps it currently supports.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

Good idea. When I played with the free version I didn't understand it would actually provide notifications. I thought it was a demo only. I like the app, and once it supports more apps it's something that will definitely be useful for a lot of people.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
This is an awesome feature! I am curious though, how many people keep their phone face down? If so what is the circumstances you do this? That would be great if somehow this worked with screen facing up.

I think that's a good idea, especially since the Edge model offers no screen protection face down unless it's in a case. Where I think this is useful face down is in a meeting, where you can get a relatively subtle notification without noise or vibration, and in noisy environments, like a bar. Not that I spend much time in bars anymore, but I think this would be very effective in a dimly lit, noisy environment.

andrewqp

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
That's actually really neat. I will surely support it.
Thank you a lot, we really need to hear this, it motives us to work a lot and improve the app. Thank you again and I will keep you inform with our progress.

Hello, first of all thank you for your feedback, we are relying on our costumer's opinions and we are open minded. Actually it is every easy to let the phone to light up when the screen is up, but for that I think it needs new animation style to look good/great. We are consider it to do so in future update, I can promise you that is on our list :)

Look like a nice app. Is it possible to extended the edge notification light to any app. I would buy it for sure then. I don't use most of the apps it currently supports.
Thank you and yes this is our top priority, we are working to bring this feature to our app and we progress everyday, it will be our biggest update yet. I will give a short preview. I strongly recommended to follow us on faceebok to be the first to find out when this update will release and to make requests.

Good idea. When I played with the free version I didn't understand it would actually provide notifications. I thought it was a demo only. I like the app, and once it supports more apps it's something that will definitely be useful for a lot of people.
It was our fault that we didn;t made it more clear before, we are still working to make better experience for our customers and we are still adjusting some things, but right now our top priority is to add the feature where you can select which app do you prefer to give you lighting notification and of course to received feedback from you guys and stay in touch with you.

I think that's a good idea, especially since the Edge model offers no screen protection face down unless it's in a case. Where I think this is useful face down is in a meeting, where you can get a relatively subtle notification without noise or vibration, and in noisy environments, like a bar. Not that I spend much time in bars anymore, but I think this would be very effective in a dimly lit, noisy environment.
Since we made this app my friend uses this feature in meetings and it helps him a lot actually, because he knows when and from which app he gets the notification without touching the phonem just by lighting up the edges of the phone. We start it by doing this project with the default function on our minds and the default one does this only when the proximity sensor is covered, because of this the app works when the phone is face down or in cover. But we have this on our list and after we release the next update we will take this in consideration too. Thank you again.

I second the screen up option as well if that's possible. But great work so far.

Thank you for your opinion and we are looking at this feature and we will testing after the the first update, but keep in mind, we are just 2 man team and we do everything to improve our app and we don't want to release updates too fast with bugs and we need to test them before.

Thank you again all of you, I recommended to follow us on facebook to find out the first when we do all this changing in our app. A good day.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160405-155443.jpg
    Screenshot_20160405-155443.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
On the topic of using this in meetings, another nice option would be to display the animation on only one edge. That way you could have the side facing you light up, and people sitting across from you wouldn't notice anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463