05-06-2016 03:27 PM
97 1234
tools
    I just installed this application so i hope it works well.
    How does the app work for you? any issues.
    andrewqp likes this.
    04-06-2016 12:52 PM
    Please update apps that I can use. I don't get notifications from any of the available apps. I use inbox instead of Gmail, and don't use stock message app. I'm sure you're working on it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Hi Dhaw1202, as I mentioned earlier we are just working to do this. Based on the feedback we received in last couple days we found out that people wants more apps so we decided to work on a solution. Please follow us on facebook page and you will be the first who find out when we release the update. Have a good day and thank you for you understanding and patience.

If I could use it with the phone face up then I would buy for sure, I'm a bit paranoid about putting my phone face down.
    Hi Alanhd, the app is an extension of the default feature of Samsung edge smartphones which works only when the screen is face down and when you receive a phone call. At this moment is the only way to create the colorful effect of animation. After we finish and release the next update, where you will have the possibility to choose from your installed apps to support Edge Lighting, we will revise everything and we will decide based on our possibility which feature we will work next.

You can try it for yourself, we have a free version Edge LIghting Lite, which works just like the full version, BUT you have by default one color, gray, and one animation. In this way you can see if the app works on your phone when you get a notification from supported apps and you can preview some setting to see how great are this animations with colors which you can get in the full version.

Thank you again for you patience and support and again I recommend to follow us on facebook to find first what updates we are working at and when we release them.

facebook -> https://www.facebook.com/Edge-Lighting-216716532020966/
    04-06-2016 01:25 PM
    I agree that updating the app to allow notifications for more apps is the highest priority.

I'm not being critical, just offering suggestions as I think of them.
    andrewqp likes this.
    04-06-2016 03:23 PM
    It's working fine for me.
    andrewqp likes this.
    04-06-2016 03:25 PM
    I bought the full version. Face up would really really be nice. I rarely have my phone screen down. Scanning the phone for apps or a bigger app selection would also be nice, I see you're working on it, Yay!
    andrewqp likes this.
    04-06-2016 07:45 PM
    So... I just bought the full version to support the growth of the app. Unfortunately I'll have to uninstall it. While playing UFC my whats app notification kept flashing. The phone was not face down and I was in the middle of a fight. The screen went black and flashed the edges green. Happened four times in a row. Please fix.

Sent from Sir Cletus Sexy IV.
    (S7 Edge Titanium)
    andrewqp likes this.
    04-06-2016 09:06 PM
    Hi LdotAdot13, we just released an update that fix right this problem, it should be live in one hour or two. Thank you for your message and showed us the problem. I hope that now you can reinstall the app and enjoyed it.

Edge Lighting 1.1 what's new:

* Contact us easier by clicking "rate us", "like"or "mail" in the About section.

* Minor fix: Animation will not start while the screen is already on.

Ps: sorry for delay, but we have been working to release a fix for this problem

Pss: it is live the update
    04-07-2016 11:38 AM
    Hi LdotAdot13, we just released an update that fix right this problem, it should be live in one hour or two. Thank you for your message and showed us the problem. I hope that now you can reinstall the app and enjoyed it.

Edge Lighting 1.1 what's new:

* Contact us easier by clicking "rate us", "like"or "mail" in the About section.

* Minor fix: Animation will not start while the screen is already on.

Ps: sorry for delay, but we have been working to release a fix for this problem

Pss: it is live the update
    Great! I'll reinstall and check it out!

Sent from Sir Cletus Sexy IV.
    (S7 Edge Titanium)
    andrewqp likes this.
    04-07-2016 04:39 PM
    Getting this. This is awesome!
    andrewqp likes this.
    04-08-2016 05:45 AM
    Thank you a lot for your support guys, we didn't hope in this tremendous response from this community so we want you to be the first to see just a peak form our next update. Your feedback is very important to us and the first thing we heard is that you want more options for supported apps, so we though about this and we decided to let you choose which apps will give you Edge Lighting notifications. Here are some screenshots with the version that currently we are testing. If the testing goes well, we hope to release this major update in a few days. Thank you again for you support and I hope to enjoy this new update really soon.

Have a good day !
    Attached Thumbnails Edge lighting extension on notifications-screenshot_20160408-164340.jpg   Edge lighting extension on notifications-screenshot_20160408-164410.jpg   Edge lighting extension on notifications-screenshot_20160408-164437.jpg   Edge lighting extension on notifications-screenshot_20160408-164444.jpg   Edge lighting extension on notifications-screenshot_20160408-164500.jpg  

04-08-2016 08:57 AM
    Hi guys, I have good news for you all! First of all I want to tell you that after we released our app we wanted to give you the option to choose which app to support edge lighting notification from your installed ones, but we received a lot of feedback from you guys with a few requests and we decide to work harder to give all of them. I know it took us a long time but you can update your app now and you will have the next futures:

* you will have the possibility to chose from all the installed apps which one to give you Edge Lighting notifications.
    * you will receive now Edge Lighting notifications when the phone is face up, it is optional so you can customize how you want
    * you can choose the animation speed
    * you can choose on which side of the screen will the animation appear, left, right or both sides.
    * improving functionality
    * some small changes to improve the experience with the app

As you can see we implemented the most requested feature, to play the animations when the phone is face up. We hope to enjoy the update and please write us here or on email: contact.edgelighting@gmail.com, or facebook page if you have problems or questions in order to help you or fix them.

Have a good day.

link -> https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...e.edgelighting
    04-24-2016 06:23 AM
    Thank you for taking the time to listen to what people want. Just got the paid version.
    andrewqp and KPMcClave like this.
    04-24-2016 07:11 AM
    Hi guys, I have good news for you all! First of all I want to tell you that after we released our app we wanted to give you the option to choose which app to support edge lighting notification from your installed ones, but we received a lot of feedback from you guys with a few requests and we decide to work harder to give all of them. I know it took us a long time but you can update your app now and you will have the next futures:

* you will have the possibility to chose from all the installed apps which one to give you Edge Lighting notifications.
    * you will receive now Edge Lighting notifications when the phone is face up, it is optional so you can customize how you want
    * you can choose the animation speed
    * you can choose on which side of the screen will the animation appear, left, right or both sides.
    * improving functionality
    * some small changes to improve the experience with the app

As you can see we implemented the most requested feature, to play the animations when the phone is face up. We hope to enjoy the update and please write us here or on email: contact.edgelighting@gmail.com, or facebook page if you have problems or questions in order to help you or fix them.

Have a good day.

link -> https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...e.edgelighting
    Awesome news! I'm definitely going to check this out!

04-24-2016 05:29 PM
    Can't get it to work with face up. I've turned on accessibility options and still nothing.

04-24-2016 07:39 PM
    Sounds great! Downloading now, and will let you know if I run into any issues.

Thanks!
    andrewqp likes this.
    04-24-2016 07:58 PM
    Can't get it to work with face up. I've turned on accessibility options and still nothing.
    Face up seems to be working fine for me.
    andrewqp likes this.
    04-24-2016 09:02 PM

Just to make sure you have to turn on the switch for face up animation and to choose which app to give you notifications. Did you by any chance saw if the screen turns on when you receive a notification? Because the face up only works when the screen is off.
    04-24-2016 11:19 PM
    Anyone getting double notifications since installing? I was getting doubles, uninstalled app and the double notifications stopped ...
    andrewqp likes this.
    04-25-2016 09:13 AM
    That was it. Thanks! Now I'm having a problem with the animation styles not being any different. It just comes up as solid line no matter what I choose.

andrewqp likes this.
    04-25-2016 09:34 AM
    Hi, YankInDaSouth if you can spare a few minutes from your time please give us an email on contact.edgelighting@gmail.com so you could elaborate the problem in order to help you. We didn't have this kind of problem in 2-3 weeks of testing the update and unfortunately you are the only one with it. I promise that we will do everything to help you!

Hi Dhawk1201 I recommend to reinstall the app, do a clean install and if you have the lite version too, please remove it. If this doesn't help you please contact us on email and I promise to help you, but it is easier on email and we can respond faster there.

Thank you guys!
    YankInDaSouth likes this.
    04-25-2016 09:47 AM
    When I turned on the app in Accessibility, a pop-up said something about encryption being turned off because of this app? Does this mean I can't lock my device (I have fingerprint lock set)?
    04-25-2016 10:39 PM
    Hi Bag of Leaves, I can tell you for sure that with our app you can use any lock method for your phone. That is a pop-up message telling you that our app observes when you received a notification in order to start the animations, this is all. As you could see installing the app it didn't ask you for special permission in order to use the app.

Dhawk1202 and YankInDaSouth did you solved your problems? If not, please give us an email in order to help you easier.

Thank you guys and have a great day !
    04-26-2016 12:23 AM
    Thanks, I just wanted to be sure!

I am having one issue when picking the apps: some of the sliders on the app-picking list are turning themselves off. It took me several tries of back-and-forth between the list and main settings screen for the app to get one certain app to get in my selected list in settings (I also noticed the sliders would turn off when scrolling back up the list). I still can't get the GMail app to set, or a sports scores app. I have no idea why.
    04-26-2016 12:35 AM
    What phone do you have? Do you have the latest update? Which apps are you trying to select and you have problems?

Please try to delete the app and make a clean install from the market. If this dosen't help you please send us an email in order to find the problem and help you easier.
    04-26-2016 12:44 AM
    S7 Edge. Just bought your app tonight after reading this thread, Some of the problem apps were/are Fly Delta, GMail, WhatsApp, The Score, and others. I will try to reinstall it.
    04-26-2016 12:49 AM
97 1234