05-06-2016 03:27 PM
97 1234
tools
    It is still not working. Choosing the apps is very frustrating because they won't stay chosen! This time I got GMail to stick after a couple tries, but now WhatsApp is refusing to stick after multiple tries. Same with several other apps, a couple which I got to stick on the first install. I don't think it has anything to do with which apps they are, just some sort of issue with your app, unfortunately. If I scroll down in the choices list, the on/off sliders turn off if they were on, but only sometimes.
    04-26-2016 01:02 AM
    We are sorry to hear this, we think it may be a problem with database handler when you choosing your app. One more thing,*can you make a rough estimation of how many apps you have installed on your device?(around 50, 100, 150+)? We promise to investigate the problem în order to fix it as soon as possible. If you want you can give us an email so we could be in touch and find a fix faster.
    04-26-2016 01:12 AM
    I counted 153 apps in the app drawer. (Wow, I definitely didn't think it would be that high!) I am not sure if they all show in your app or not.
    04-26-2016 01:18 AM
    Thank you for your answear, it helped us a lot. One more thing if you can bare with us it will be great .

Did you observe if sometimes you have a smaller number of apps in choosing apps? If the answear is yes, we think that we know the problem and we are trying to fix it.

If anyone has any problems, please tell us here or via the email în order to help you. We are doing our best to improve our app and your feedback it is verry important for us.

Ps: you have a PM from us
    KPMcClave likes this.
    04-26-2016 01:39 AM
    Hi Bag of Leaves, we just release v2.3 in store and we strongly advice to a clean install, which means to uninstall the previous version of the app and install this one, it may help you. We fixed some bugs today and maybe it will fix your problem too. Please tell us if the things are the same or now it is better. Thank you and have a great day.
    04-26-2016 02:47 PM
    Nice work, I've just bought the full version...
    04-26-2016 03:13 PM
    Hi Bag of Leaves, we just release v2.3 in store and we strongly advice to a clean install, which means to uninstall the previous version of the app and install this one, it may help you. We fixed some bugs today and maybe it will fix your problem too. Please tell us if the things are the same or now it is better. Thank you and have a great day.
    Hi, I seem to have the same problem, just installed the app for the first time v2.3, I have 168 apps installed. I turn on the apps I want, but when I go back to the main screen, the apps don't show up for me to select colours. When I go back into the app selection screen, all the apps are deselected.
    04-26-2016 03:24 PM
    Hi piannetta, thank you for your support. Please follow the next steps and tell us if this helps you in any way, we are investigate it right now, but we have to be sure first:

1)We recommend to close the accessibility service related to the Lite version or even uninstall it.

2) Try to clear the cache of the app. From Settings-> Applications -> Application Manager -> Edge Light-> Storage -> Clear data.

and what phone and android version you have? I know this is a S7 edge subforum but I want to be sure.
    04-26-2016 03:38 PM
    ... Posted by mistake
    04-26-2016 05:47 PM
    Hi piannetta, thank you for your support. Please follow the next steps and tell us if this helps you in any way, we are investigate it right now, but we have to be sure first:

1)We recommend to close the accessibility service related to the Lite version or even uninstall it.

2) Try to clear the cache of the app. From Settings-> Applications -> Application Manager -> Edge Light-> Storage -> Clear data.

and what phone and android version you have? I know this is a S7 edge subforum but I want to be sure.
    Hi there, I never installed the Lite version, just went straight to the full version. I have cleared the data and it's still not working. I have a Galaxy S7 Edge
    04-27-2016 04:47 AM
    Did you updated the app with the latest version 2.3, released recently?

If yes please give us an email with a details about the problem, because we fixed in the latest update because we managed to simulate the error on our device, maybe it is about something else because of this we would like to send us an email.

Thank you sir!
    04-27-2016 05:37 AM
    Just FYI, I'm not having any problems with my selected apps resetting. I don't think I have anywhere near 150 apps installed, though.
    04-27-2016 09:52 AM
    Just FYI, I'm not having any problems with my selected apps resetting. I don't think I have anywhere near 150 apps installed, though.
    Now we know for sure that the number of installed apps doesn't have anything to do with this bug, because we installed over 250 apps on our phones, selected over 200 apps from choose apps and it worked great. We made a lot of tests and it was ok. We released a fix with the last update, because we had the same problem on a Sony Xperia Z2 phone, exactly the same problem, and after the fix works great for almost 24hrs without a bug or error.
    04-27-2016 11:31 AM
    Thank you for your answear, it helped us a lot. One more thing if you can bare with us it will be great .

Did you observe if sometimes you have a smaller number of apps in choosing apps? If the answear is yes, we think that we know the problem and we are trying to fix it.

If anyone has any problems, please tell us here or via the email în order to help you. We are doing our best to improve our app and your feedback it is verry important for us.

Ps: you have a PM from us
    I didn't observe that. As far as I could tell, all my apps were listed all the time.
    andrewqp likes this.
    04-27-2016 02:24 PM
    Just tried it and the problem is still there.
    andrewqp likes this.
    04-27-2016 02:30 PM
    Did you updated the app with the latest version 2.3, released recently?

If yes please give us an email with a details about the problem, because we fixed in the latest update because we managed to simulate the error on our device, maybe it is about something else because of this we would like to send us an email.

Thank you sir!
    Yes, it was v 2.3 I installed. Not sure what more I can say about the problem, I and Bag of Leaves have described it pretty well, let me know what further details you need and what email address to send it to and I'll be happy to work with you on solving this problem.
    04-27-2016 02:42 PM
    Yes, unfortunate just you two guys have this problem, no one encountered this until now. Just a quick recap: you both have made a clean reinstall of the app. You don;t have the lite version installed, you turned on Edge Lighting in Accessibility Service and when you press choosing apps and when you have the list of the apps installed on your device, you try to select a specifically app (let's say gmail for example), but the switch doesn't turns on? Or it turn on but modality turns off? Or when you exist from the list app, in the primary menu in the choosing apps field, where you have to choose a color, you don;t have any of the app selected?

Have you manage to select an app and assign a color? If yes, the app worked for that app? Do you have a custom rom or the default one? Do you have an app installed for customize notifications? What type of phones do you have specifically?

This is our email: contact.edgeligting@gmail.com (you can find it in our app) it would be easier to talk over there in order to find the problem and try to fix it.
    04-27-2016 03:11 PM
    Yes, unfortunate just you two guys have this problem, no one encountered this until now. Just a quick recap: you both have made a clean reinstall of the app. You don;t have the lite version installed, you turned on Edge Lighting in Accessibility Service and when you press choosing apps and when you have the list of the apps installed on your device, you try to select a specifically app (let's say gmail for example), but the switch doesn't turns on? Or it turn on but modality turns off? Or when you exist from the list app, in the primary menu in the choosing apps field, where you have to choose a color, you don;t have any of the app selected?

Have you manage to select an app and assign a color? If yes, the app worked for that app? Do you have a custom rom or the default one? Do you have an app installed for customize notifications? What type of phones do you have specifically?

This is our email: contact.edgeligting@gmail.com (you can find it in our app) it would be easier to talk over there in order to find the problem and try to fix it.
    Pretty much as you described, I'll mail you directly and take it from there
    andrewqp likes this.
    04-27-2016 03:22 PM
    Andrew, just got an error trying to mail you, email address doesn't exist. I just clicked on the address in your previous post

Posted via the Android Central App
    andrewqp likes this.
    04-27-2016 03:39 PM
    OK, I have a S7 Edge, have the full purchased version on my phone. The app has been enabled under settings, accessibility, services. The edge panels themselves are disabled.

As soon as I enter the app and try to choose an application the app crashes. Once in awhile I can get in, but the app crashes as I scroll down. I have 170 apps installed. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling with the same results.
    The app doesn't work.

My os is the stock Verizon build. I was able to choose ONE app and assign a color, that app is verizon messages +.
    andrewqp likes this.
    04-27-2016 03:40 PM

Pro version, turned on in Accessibility, clean reinstall. When I toggle an app in the list, it turns on, but if I scroll down and then scroll back up, it toggles off. So, I try not to scroll up, but even then, only some of the chosen apps appear in the primary menu where you choose the colors. For instance, the last time I did it, I counted the number of apps I was toggling on and it was 14, but in the primary color-choosing menu after, there were only 9 apps.

Yes, I can assign a color to any of the apps that do appear in the primary menu. I didn't have it on long enough to see if they worked. No custom ROM, not rooted, etc. I don't have any other notifications app installed. I have the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge from Sprint. Have had it for less than two weeks.
    andrewqp likes this.
    04-27-2016 03:44 PM
    Andrew, just got an error trying to mail you, email address doesn't exist. I just clicked on the address in your previous post

Posted via the Android Central App
    Looks like they probably forgot the "h" in "lighting".
    andrewqp and piannetta like this.
    04-27-2016 03:45 PM
    Pretty much as you described, I'll mail you directly and take it from there
    I'm seeing the same behaviour.

Selected apps don't stay selected and if they do select you then can't unselect them, plus I've never been able to select more than 3 apps at once.
    Bag of Leaves and andrewqp like this.
    04-27-2016 03:58 PM
    We are very sorry to hear that this bug is persisting. We are looking into this with all our resources but we are not able to reproduce the problem.
    Can someone with this issue record their screen and send us the video to be sure that we understood the problem? (we recommend az screen recorder from play store or any other app)

Also we have a beta version that may show us some other details about this error. You can help us solve this problem by accepting to beta test that version.

PS: i am really sorry for the email, I am a liitle bit tired and i forgot a letter: contact.edgelighting@gmail.com
    04-27-2016 04:13 PM
    Another customer had the same issue and he just managed to solve the problem for him. He said this : "so I just kept toggling on/off the application itself (within the application) and exiting the app and clearing it from the running background applications, then I went in and toggled each app and repeated the process I just described.
    Now it is working perfectly fine."

We will look into the initialization of our database. Until then this may be a quick fix for this bug.
    04-27-2016 05:10 PM
97 1234