05-06-2016 03:27 PM
97 ... 234
tools
    We are very sorry to hear that this bug is persisting. We are looking into this with all our resources but we are not able to reproduce the problem.
    Can someone with this issue record their screen and send us the video to be sure that we understood the problem? (we recommend az screen recorder from play store or any other app)

Also we have a beta version that may show us some other details about this error. You can help us solve this problem by accepting to beta test that version.

PS: i am really sorry for the email, I am a liitle bit tired and i forgot a letter: contact.edgelighting@gmail.com
    Screen recorded, mailing shortly
    andrewqp and Bag of Leaves like this.
    04-28-2016 04:44 AM
    This thread is cool.
    04-28-2016 06:02 AM
    Hi guys,

@piannetta, @Bag of Leaves, @dmarcus48 and @Alanhd I have a proposal for you, would you like to enter in our beta-testing group where you will receive automatically updates with our newest version of the app to see if your problems where fixed? Unfortunately it is very hard to fix this problem without testing, because we don't have it on our devices and we can't simulate it.

But with you help we can give you a few versions of the app to see which one fixes your problems.

The process is very easy, if you accept, please give us a PM with you email address from Google market and we will give you a link. After that we will add you on our group from G+ where we can keep in touch and announce you when we release a new update and you could report to us the effects.

We are still trying different versions of the app but we don't want to release it on the store before we tested on your devices.

Thank you a lot and have a great day.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    04-29-2016 10:17 AM
    Pm sent I will try it out
    04-29-2016 12:48 PM
    Sure, will PM you.
    04-29-2016 02:57 PM
    Thank you for your replay and I'm sorry for delay !

I sent you the invitation in PM and I explained how the things works there. Thank you again and we will keep you inform.

Have a nice day.
    04-29-2016 05:20 PM
    I've noticed a minor problem. The features of this app aren't something I need all the time, so I sometimes turn it off (using the slider at the top of the settings page) to save battery. But even though the slider is off, the app sometimes continues to operate. Some more details:

When I set the slider to off, the settings page disappears, and I see only the graphic of the orange and yellow background with the blue curved line between them. And the app seems to be off. But if I go back into the app later, the settings screen will be displayed again, even though the slider is off. And edge-lighting notifications from apps I selected will appear again. This seems to happen when I reboot the phone. I'm not sure if that's the only time.

Not a major issue, but it would be nice if turning the app off actually kept it off.
    05-02-2016 02:36 PM
    We think that we have good news. It seems that we may found a solution for the choose apps bug, and we have 3 confirmation until now so soon we will release a update to fix this nasty bug we are happy to finally fix it.

@meyerweb Just to be sure that I understood, when you turn off the app from the general switch, the menu disappears, but when you come back in the app the menu appears again BUT the swith stays off, right? It is an apperance problem and we will fix this.

But the main question is, if you turn off the app from general switch and you receive a notification, the display turns on and the animations appears? If yes that this is a bug and we will look in it. We didn't understood for sure so we want to pe 100% sure before we make any assumptions.
    05-02-2016 04:46 PM
    Not just an appearance problem. Even though the switch is off, the application is actually on, and I get edge notifications while the switch is off. I think that maybe, when the phone is rebooted and the app restarts, the app is failing to check to see if it has been switched off.
    05-02-2016 06:41 PM
    OK, but this happens only when you restart/reboot your device right? Let's say that you turn off the switch and leave the app, then when you receive a notification the animations appear on the screen?
    05-02-2016 07:26 PM
    Hello, we want to announce that we just released a new version of the app V2.4 which fixes some bugs we had from the latest version and improves the performance of the app. We hope that with this new update we fixed all the bugs we had until now.

We want to mention that this update will reset your settings and the database and we apologize for this, but it is the only way to fix those bugs

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edge Lighting V 2.4 - What's new:

*Performance improvements and bug fixes
    * Database and settings reset
    Bag of Leaves and piannetta like this.
    05-03-2016 03:58 PM
    Just want to say that the app now works for my S7 edge. Works fine now.

Posted via the Android Central App
    andrewqp likes this.
    05-03-2016 04:36 PM
    Not understanding what I'm doing wrong here. I've deleted app and reinstalled. I can't get the light to do anything but have a solid line while face up. When I preview the settings, no matter what style I choose, it does nothing.

andrewqp likes this.
    05-03-2016 05:00 PM
    Not understanding what I'm doing wrong here. I've deleted app and reinstalled. I can't get the light to do anything but have a solid line while face up. When I preview the settings, no matter what style I choose, it does nothing.

Please contact us on contact.edgelighting@gmail.com to see what is the problem in order to help you . We made a troubleshoot page, maybe it helps: https://www.ifixit.com/Wiki/Edge_Lighting.
    05-03-2016 05:04 PM
    I've noticed a minor problem. The features of this app aren't something I need all the time, so I sometimes turn it off (using the slider at the top of the settings page) to save battery. But even though the slider is off, the app sometimes continues to operate. Some more details:

When I set the slider to off, the settings page disappears, and I see only the graphic of the orange and yellow background with the blue curved line between them. And the app seems to be off. But if I go back into the app later, the settings screen will be displayed again, even though the slider is off. And edge-lighting notifications from apps I selected will appear again. This seems to happen when I reboot the phone. I'm not sure if that's the only time.

Not a major issue, but it would be nice if turning the app off actually kept it off.
    Just wanted to say that even with the app running (I have never turned it off since first getting it), it uses hardly any battery, like 0-1%.
    andrewqp likes this.
    05-03-2016 06:40 PM
    Hello, we want to announce that we just released a new version of the app V2.4 which fixes some bugs we had from the latest version and improves the performance of the app. We hope that with this new update we fixed all the bugs we had until now.

We want to mention that this update will reset your settings and the database and we apologize for this, but it is the only way to fix those bugs

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edge Lighting V 2.4 - What's new:

*Performance improvements and bug fixes
    * Database and settings reset
    Thank you Andrew, it seems to be working now
    KPMcClave and andrewqp like this.
    05-04-2016 03:46 AM
    Thank you Andrew, it seems to be working now
    We are glad to hear this we hope that you will enjoy the app.

@Dhawk1202 we are wainting for your email to try to help you. our adress is: contact.edgelighting@gmail.com
    05-04-2016 03:00 PM
    Just wanted to let you know that I have purchased the pro version of this app and love it. I haven't ran into any problems but it's great to see that if something were to become buggy, you are working diligently to provide a fast fix.

Thank you so much for a great app!
    andrewqp likes this.
    05-04-2016 04:00 PM
    Great app and very responsive devs, keep up the good work!
    andrewqp likes this.
    05-04-2016 06:47 PM
    @GeekMoxie Thank you a lot for you kind remarks and words! You have no idea how much it means to us and makes us to work harder and bring new features. Right now we are working to fix some more bugs we found, but it affects only one customer so don't worry about it, and to make some small changes but very effective how the app works. We hope that this weekend we can test this new versions and next week to release them on the market.

@imex99 Thank you again for your support and for you help in beta-testing group. You were very patience with us and gave us a lot of your free time and for this we want to thank you again sir.

If you find something that is not OK or you have ideas with what would you like to see in our app please post it here and we will analyze them when we decide what big feature to add next.
    imex99 likes this.
    05-05-2016 04:17 PM
    Not just an appearance problem. Even though the switch is off, the application is actually on, and I get edge notifications while the switch is off. I think that maybe, when the phone is rebooted and the app restarts, the app is failing to check to see if it has been switched off.
    I forgot to tell you, with 2.4 version this problem should be resolved. On our testing, even after reboot of the device the switch stays off and you will not get edge lighting notifications. Please try it and tell us if is OK .

PS: please accept our invite for G+
    05-06-2016 10:29 AM
    I forgot to tell you, with 2.4 version this problem should be resolved. On our testing, even after reboot of the device the switch stays off and you will not get edge lighting notifications. Please try it and tell us if is OK .

PS: please accept our invite for G+
    Thanks. I've been without my Edge this week. I dropped and cracked my screen. Should have the new phone today, and then I can test again.
    05-06-2016 03:27 PM
97 ... 234