Will there be available tempered glass for S7 edge soon?

A

AC Question

I bought my son Samsung S7 Edge and he is so happy to have it. My fear is he always drops his phone and S7 Edge screen is very delicate. So I want to have it protected by installing tempered glass on S7 Edge. Right now, we put only the rubber screen protector which is very expensive but cannot protect as much as the tempered glass.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I bought my son Samsung S7 Edge and he is so happy to have it. My fear is he always drops his phone and S7 Edge screen is very delicate. So I want to have it protected by installing tempered glass on S7 Edge. Right now, we put only the rubber screen protector which is very expensive but cannot protect as much as the tempered glass.

I'm using Zagg HD and its great.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Accessories | ZAGG

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
There isn't any good tempered glass screen protectors out as of right now but Zagg is supposedly coming out with one soon but who knows when.

Justin Hammond

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Do you have a case on it too? I also have the HD screen protector for the s7 edge, but the Otterbox Symmetry case occasionally peels the edge of the screen protector up, so I have to take the case off and rub the edges back down. I was just wondering if anyone else is having this problem or would have any suggestions on other cases?

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Someone mentioned that this only adheres at the top and bottom. Is this true? Have you tried it? I am very intersted but would like opinions.

Correct, none of these stick to the actual display area of the screen. Only the top, bottom and thin sides. The second you put a case on your phone they pop right off.

csleverette

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I have tried it. I think it sticks top and bottom and sides. It didn't fit well with my case however. I kind of knew that was a possibility going into it as many don't fit with cases so far. I wanted to try at least.

Loozpatienz

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
GPEL has at least one minimalist case coming out later this month that is made to fit their glass screen protector. They are both on Amazon for about $40. The glass is on the way and the case ships later this month. Trying to be extra careful with it until then.

lostsoul2

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
The GPEL has very mixed reviews on Amazon. Biggest issue appears to be a loss of sensitivity to touch.

I never got that far.. I just mailed it back @ my cost yesterday. thing was flimsy and broke on the corner when making adjustments. it has a think adhesive strips on the sides and it makes that glass on glass crunch. Its "suppose" to be corning gorilla glass, if it is I think it might be first gen or something. Seeing how it broke so easily I would not trust it even if it was on looking and working great.

People need to save their time and money and get get a good case, good film protector and INSURANCE.. If your planing on having this phone for 2 years get it. I wish I didnt have to learn the hard way

csleverette

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
The GPEL has very mixed reviews on Amazon. Biggest issue appears to be a loss of sensitivity to touch.

I posted earlier about trying this one out and ultimately got rid of it for this exact reason. Went into the grocery freezer section and touch when crazy. I knew then it had to go.

joebloggs13

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I have the Spigen curved crystal film on mine. The install wasn't too bad, but am pretty sure it won't give me the same protection as a true glass screen protector. Hoping for something decent in the near future.

Posted via the Android Central App