04-06-2016 02:10 AM
45 12
tools
    Just like when Samsung started trying to beat everyone with their thin plasmas they had so many complaints about their screens cracking for no reason even when they had complaints from repair personal having a few cracking in front of them for no reason.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-05-2016 08:31 PM
    I believe it. I've heard lots of stories about how delicate this phone is. Let's face it curved glass with no exterior protection shatters easily. Slightly bending the phone might also cause something like this... Or a hairline crack below the surface that occurred on the assembly line. My bet is the phone was bent at some point but it could have happened b4 our iPhone owner even bought it.

This phone needs a rigid case that covers the curves and even then will be more delicate than the s7. It scratches easily too. I wish they made a s7 the same size with the same battery and an Exynos processor.

BTW, Asurion is a much better deal if you ask me.
    04-05-2016 08:34 PM
    It's not silly. What do you think courts are for? Nothing ventured nothing gained. Defeatist views such as yours allow companies to get away with things.
    There's always small claims court and a lot of these corporations once they get the summons will just pay cost more to send an attorney.

jimbo1mcm and GadgetGator like this.
    OP...pay the deductible and get the phone fixed / replaced end of story.
    All insurance has a deductible. I'm sure all the fees were in the contract you signed.

That does not look like a defect to me.
    Who knows when the screen was compromised but it could have happened at anytime.
    You could have banged the phone several days before and it just now cracked.
    Go BBB, Social Media/Twitter/Facebook etc. Wouldn't hurt. That's the way to go in this day and age.
    04-05-2016 08:37 PM
    It's not silly. What do you think courts are for? Nothing ventured nothing gained. Defeatist views such as yours allow companies to get away with things.
    Go ahead and try. Get ready to lose and pay massive court costs.
    04-05-2016 08:44 PM
    There's always small claims court and a lot of these corporations once they get the summons will just pay cost more to send an attorney.

No they don't. Why do you think class action lawsuits are such a joke? I bet you never read those user agreements when you register your phone, or the user agreements that you click "Agree" when you sign up with your carrier. You have no chance in court once you click "Agree".
    04-05-2016 08:45 PM
    Good luck with that lawsuit threat. You are likely to lose. You will end up having to pay both your lawyer, and their lawyers fees when you lose. You better have hundreds of thousands of dollars in the bank before you take on that task. Don't talk silly.
    Small claims. You don't need an attorney and anyone can file them. When it comes to a multi billion dollar business they will waste the time or money to send a lawyer or a corporate representative down and instead will write a check for the amount and make you sign an NDA. It costs more for them to get a lawyer there and involved than the cost of small claims (up to $3,000 in my state) is worth.
    04-05-2016 09:12 PM
    Something tells me I need to get a case if I decide to get this over a Note 6.
    04-05-2016 09:19 PM
    My toddler has dropped mine on concrete, I threw it last night. It didn't crack. Minimal case.

04-05-2016 09:24 PM
    Go ahead and try. Get ready to lose and pay massive court costs.
    That's not how small claims works. The only cost associated with small claims is that of the court (typically $45-$90). You cannot compel to pay attorney fees in small claims as that is the point of small claims, for simple disputes. You are also incorrect about class actions suits.
    04-05-2016 09:27 PM
    There's an arbitration clause so you're not going to court at all. Does no one read terms and conditions to agreements?

wxman2003 and mundo472 like this.
    04-05-2016 09:34 PM
    OP...pay the deductible and get the phone fixed / replaced end of story.
    All insurance has a deductible. I'm sure all the fees were in the contract you signed.

That does not look like a defect to me.
    Who knows when the screen was compromised but it could have happened at anytime.
    You could have banged the phone several days before and it just now cracked.
    1.) I already addressed the deductible and the problem with going through insurance please read the update.
    2.) By your way of "it could have happened at any time" one could say that it happened in the factory and thus is only now being shown.
    04-05-2016 09:37 PM
    There's an arbitration clause so you're not going to court at all. Does no one read terms and conditions to agreements?

http://www.law.com/sites/articles/20...d-non-binding/
    04-05-2016 09:39 PM
    Are there normally a number of threads on spontaneous combustion when a new phone comes out?
    04-05-2016 11:30 PM
    You didn't want to pay the $400-something to fix the S7 edge, so you purchased a $500+ iPhone?
    04-05-2016 11:42 PM
    I can see both points of view here, Samsung only has an exploded screen damaged to where the glass is coming out, clearly this seems a near impossibility on its own.

On the other hand is a potential issue, maybe it had a hairline Crack all along or something.

I assume warranty repair explodes screens since more times than not its the users fault (not saying this is the case).

As for Apple, if you think you will wall into their retail store or a best buy with a cracked screen and expect any different outcome I am afraid you will be disappointed.

Sorry to hear this has happened to you, sad if this really is an issue. On the other hand surely it's cheaper at 279 to fix the screen than at 849 for a new iPhone.

Either way enjoy the new device hope it brings a better experience.
    Actually, this has happened to me twice, once with my iPad Air and once with my fathers iPhone 6. In my fathers case it was in an otter box since purchase and some how the screen cracked after a couple of months. With the iPad I had set it down on a table and it was fine, then when I picked it up later it was cracked. Both times went to an Apple Store, they looked over the devices and since they saw no other damage to the casing they determined it was faulty glass and replaced both on the spot.

It also sounds if it was up to the Samsung employees at Best Buy they would've replaced the phone, but because it had to be called in, it was denied because something like this is usually caused by a drop or something.
    04-05-2016 11:53 PM
    You didn't want to pay the $400-something to fix the S7 edge, so you purchased a $500+ iPhone?
    It probably has more to do with Samsung support than the cost at this point. Plus, the SE is probably the better phone to exercise with than the Edge.
    04-05-2016 11:58 PM
    Interesting...

04-06-2016 12:11 AM
    Thanks all.

Good luck with your iPhone OP. I'd suggest checking out our sister site / Forums (www.imore.com) for all things Apple / iPhone! .
    04-06-2016 02:10 AM
45 12