S7 Edge just shattered in my pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I can see both points of view here, Samsung only has an exploded screen damaged to where the glass is coming out, clearly this seems a near impossibility on its own.

On the other hand is a potential issue, maybe it had a hairline Crack all along or something.

I assume warranty repair explodes screens since more times than not its the users fault (not saying this is the case).

As for Apple, if you think you will wall into their retail store or a best buy with a cracked screen and expect any different outcome I am afraid you will be disappointed.

Sorry to hear this has happened to you, sad if this really is an issue. On the other hand surely it's cheaper at 279 to fix the screen than at 849 for a new iPhone.

Either way enjoy the new device hope it brings a better experience.

Actually, this has happened to me twice, once with my iPad Air and once with my fathers iPhone 6. In my fathers case it was in an otter box since purchase and some how the screen cracked after a couple of months. With the iPad I had set it down on a table and it was fine, then when I picked it up later it was cracked. Both times went to an Apple Store, they looked over the devices and since they saw no other damage to the casing they determined it was faulty glass and replaced both on the spot.

It also sounds if it was up to the Samsung employees at Best Buy they would've replaced the phone, but because it had to be called in, it was denied because something like this is usually caused by a drop or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21