Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Screen issues.

Marine6212

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
c6e6589eeb60d93be299901008f804e7.jpg

Here is my friends phone that started happening yesterday, looking at phone this morning it was normal, at lunch and its showing up!

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I think samsung has some really bad lot of displays that get faulty within months. Its sad that such a expensive phone has to go through repairs and may compromise the water resistance feature...then if water goes in they will blame the consumer.. i think we all should get a replacement rather than a screen replacement...what say guys ?

Posted via my Awesome Lumia 950 , Beautiful S7 Edge Gold or Surface pro 4

Tunader

Jun 29, 2016
Visit site
Mine just started doing this. I've got green areas, purple lines and gray dots and lines all over the screen. However it depends on the background: if I'm browsing the settings there is no problem, but if I'm reading an article or scrolling on Facebook it is unusable. The worst thing is that it overheats like hell, so I had to turn it off immediately. Battery almost drained as well...

Loganhocking

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
I have had the exact issue with mine after 3 months,
Reported mine to virgin mobile and they wanted £268 to fix it even though i haven't caused it and loads of users reporting same issue. Samsung have been kind enough to arrange pick up for phone and should be delivered back today.
Hopefully its working now once i get it back.
just had my phone back from Samsung, phone replaced. chuffed

Last edited:

smartrambo7

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I recently bought a s7 edge...within a month its showing 3 horizontal lines on the screen...i took the phone to service centre...they say they will have to replace the entire screen kit internal n external....how cud this happen to my new phone....what's the point in paying so much ? M bugged with Samsung phones now....previously my s4 had similar screen issues....

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Soo guys..my phone had gone for warranty...for screen replacement as I had a defective display...I also complained that battery life was bad...so the engineer replaced the battery with a new one...just to inform that when screen is replaced it comes with new metal frame and new home button...I am happy phone is brand new again...
Haven't installed many apps but battery life is very good as of now..
They took around 1 week to do the job coz display was in stock..but battery took time to arrive...
Soo far very happy with new display as old one had many scratches..and metal frame had a dent...
And home button had scratches as well..so new display with new home button and new metal frame.. 😆

Posted via the Android Central App

Daniel Bentan

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I think i may have found a solution, still have to do some testing. I was rooted on PD8 firmware and then after a few days i encountered the same issue as you have. What i did was reflash stock through odin which will factory reset your phone in the process. When you boot and set it up you'll still see these lines but only for the setup, they should go away after a few minutes. if they don't then go to settings->Display->Screen Mode-> and put it on either basic or AMOLED photo. good luck to you. I'm going to a tmo store tomorrow to see what they say

MaryS910

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
Just happened to me today. Purple spots. My always on clock also looked green so I turned it off. Once I did that the screen never came back on. Only green flashes. Sucks. Sent it out to Sammy to get fixed. Hopefully it'll still be waterproof when I get it back.
Its not waterproof to begin with, just water resistant and if water gets in the charging port, it gives you a " moisture detected" message and wont let you charge it.

PurpleHulk6415

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
Just happened to me today. Purple spots. My always on clock also looked green so I turned it off. Once I did that the screen never came back on. Only green flashes. Sucks. Sent it out to Sammy to get fixed. Hopefully it'll still be waterproof when I get it back.

Hey I'm about to send mine out to samsung and I have a bunch of stuff on it I dont want lost. Were they able to fix it and save everything or did they just give you a new phone?

Kirk Burkhead

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Currently on vacation and mine just experienced the same issues. Really getting frustrated with Samsung and their flagship phones failing. May make a switch on this one.....

Posted via the Android Central App

SamiY

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site
I bought my S7 edge gold (screen protector is in black) on 13th July. This vertical lines happened on the Day 3 after purchase.
I got the device replaced by samsung as it was within 7days of purchase warranty.
Got the new device on Tuesday, 19th July. and this device (gold again) started showing the same thing yesterday!!! :mad:
SO FREAKING FRUSTRATED!

Is this issue with gold coloured devices only? as my friends with the black has no issue like this what-so ever. :(
Will they give me another replacement? :'( :'(

Also, battery drains so fast! :'(
So regret getting a samsung. :(:mad:

IMG-20160724-WA0001.jpg

Edward Kretz

May 4, 2015
Visit site
This is what I got a faint purple line exact position and it popped up absolutely randomly I absolutely ABSOLUTELY DID NOT DROP IT it happened after I was taking a video and loading it to Facebook;, reoccurring theme Here seems to be Facebook.
I am on my 3rd Galaxy s7 active. Got a 4th coming in the mail. All with pink lines on right side of screen.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37