When I connect my S7 to the aux line in my truck stereo...lots of static also during phone use. But not when using ear buds. I did go to settings and turned on UHQ upscaler and it helped some but when Pandora goes to another song the static is noticeable then disappears after a few seconds but this is more than annoying and is a real problem for me.
    04-06-2016 09:10 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Do other devices sound ok using that same aux cable? If not, try a different cable, or make sure the car's aux jack is clear of debris. Use a can of compressed air to blow it out, or a damp toothpick to root around.
    04-07-2016 02:05 AM
    Mine does this when I have it charging. Unplug your charging cable and I bet the static disappears. I have never had this issue with any other phone. My note 5 does not do this. I purchased a ottie car qi charger for my vehicle to hopefully get rid of this issue. It's coming in today. I'll let you know if it fixed the static issue.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-07-2016 08:03 AM
    Mine does this when I have it charging. Unplug your charging cable and I bet the static disappears. I have never had this issue with any other phone. My note 5 does not do this. I purchased a ottie car qi charger for my vehicle to hopefully get rid of this issue. It's coming in today. I'll let you know if it fixed the static issue.

That's interesting--I wonder if that means inadequate RF shielding. If you're using wired headphones and you're also charging the phone, do you hear static over the headphones as well?
    04-07-2016 12:41 PM
    Go to advanced sound settings and enable UHQ upscaler.

04-07-2016 01:50 PM
    That's interesting--I wonder if that means inadequate RF shielding. If you're using wired headphones and you're also charging the phone, do you hear static over the headphones as well?

I'm getting static too. My girlfriend hears it on Skype, comes across as crackling.

Not sure if you noticed but you know that metal ring around the edge of the phone? Well put your charger in and run your finger around the top edge very lightly and it will feel like the smooth surface is bumpy, Unplug the charger and it will disappear.

Pretty sure there is a trace amount of electricity or something running through the ring.

The headphones that came with the phone give off a hum as well but the humm stops when you touch the metal ring of the phone.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    04-08-2016 11:46 PM
    Not sure if you noticed but you know that metal ring around the edge of the phone? Well put your charger in and run your finger around the top edge very lightly and it will feel like the smooth surface is bumpy, Unplug the charger and it will disappear.
    Would that be consistent with my concern about inadequate or faulty RF shielding, or is that a separate electrical issue?
    04-09-2016 07:36 PM
    Just an FYI, I did use my ottie qi car mount and I did not have any static while wirelessly charging my phone and using auxiliary cable.

04-09-2016 07:43 PM
    I've been testing with Milk Music & Black Player finding staic
    pretty much silenced when upscale enabled during song play.
    Stopping / pausing music play provided strong 1 second static burst & Mild static during track advance.

Results will differ depending on aux & device vol levels.
    During my test I had both set to max.

The HTC EVO 4G had this kind of issue which was fixed with software update.
    Contact CS , tweet , email Samung letting them know issues present & fix will come.
    04-17-2016 09:51 PM
    Go to advanced sound settings and enable UHQ upscaler.

This guy nailed it.. instantly fixed on my s7 active
    10-25-2016 12:06 PM
    If the problem continues you might want to look into a "ground loop isolator" , I ran into this problem in the past and the isolator kills the static
    10-26-2016 12:33 AM