Is it the S7 Edge or is just Qualcomm being horrible?

jinzen

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
I'm sending in my Note 5 for repair, but it is a huge difference in UI responsiveness between Note 5 on Marshmallow and my S7 Edge on Marshmallow.

Battery life hugely favors the S7 Edge but it's crazy to me how much smoother the Exynos experience is, even last year's Exynos.

Qualcomm really has lost their edge.

Here's proof with the FPS counter. Jump to 15 mins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXUFw2ecCYs

Last edited:

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Well, maybe you got a bad software install on your S7 edge. A factory reset can help it! The exynos S7 is slightly faster than the snapdragon. But the diffrence is very hard to notice.

Posted with ❤Love❤

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
So you're saying your S7 Edge lags? I am not seeing any lag on mine. This phone is very snappy and whips through the tasks I throw at it without a hiccup.

yellowcanary73

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Only time I see any bad lag is when I go into Application Manager then I get the little spinner for 2 to 3 seconds.

Posted via the Android Central App

jinzen

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Well, maybe you got a bad software install on your S7 edge. A factory reset can help it! The exynos S7 is slightly faster than the snapdragon. But the diffrence is very hard to notice.

Posted with ❤Love❤

Haha, no. I've owned 5x Verizon S7 Edges, they all behave the same. Watch a real Youtube review with an FPS counter (try Erica Griffin's channel) and see how badly the S7 Edge's UI performance suffers. I'm guessing Exynos is way better.

If you have not owned a 6S Plus or even a Galaxy Note 5/S6 Edge Plus on Lolipop, you haven't seen real sustained smoothness.