01-15-2018 03:42 PM
153 1234 ...
tools
    Wireless charging is convenient, hardly a key feature. Especially since S7 Edge uses a non-reversible USB.
    Fast Charging is the same on the iPhone. Takes the same amount of time to charge, if not less time on the iPhone @ 2A.
    Far superior screen tech? Like AMOLEDs that eventually burn in and wink out over time and turn to yellow? Besides some power saving, AMOLED is pointless on a tiny device like a phone. Looks nice on a 70" TV though, still, NOT a superior tech that has a definite lifespan to the organic diodes that degrade quickly over time. I'll take the iPad Pro's LCD ANY DAY.

I might be biased though. I own a Note 5, S7 Edge, Macbook Pro, an iPad Pro and an iPad Mini. Android has NO features I prefer, and ONLY drawbacks to being an inferior operating system. The only redeeming factors are the device themselves, with superior cameras, Samsung pay, beautiful design, SD card etc. The software honestly is an embarrassment to Google, (and Samsung), as they still don't even control their own security updates from the carriers and are always 6 months behind the Nexus phones.
    The S7 and S7 Edge use standard USB so that they can be compatible with the gear VR headset. How's the iPhone working out 4 virtual reality? Oh that's right... if you can't tell the difference between an AMOLED screen and other screens on a device as small as a phone, you need to get your eyes checked. Ask for your claim that Samsung is always six months behind with security updates, please explain to me how it is that T-Mobile users of the Samsung devices got the April security update a couple of days before Nexus owners did.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-08-2016 07:21 AM
    I want to take a 30m car ride with both phones at zero battery and plug them both in to see which one chargers faster.

Your telling us the iPhone will win that battle? Doesn't it take close to three hours to charge the 6s plus?
    rdubmu likes this.
    04-08-2016 07:33 AM
    I’m still waiting for my S7 Edge in Silver to come in and I’m super excited, here’s why:

I’m moving from an iPhone 3GS which used to be leading edge and the best 2009 phone with application support back when Samsung and BB were predominately entering the smartphone market mainstream and Android was a baby to iOS.

Why I’m making the switch is simple. The Samsung is the next best all-around smartphone mobile device in 2016 to date (features, application availability, flexibility, technology, use and value).

It’s been a long time since an upgrade, the iPhone 3GS has lasted this long, now apps are no longer supported on this device, it’s slow, antiquated and the battery life is nearly non-existent. One day my new S7 Edge will reach the same fate, I hope it is durable and will last as long, or if I’ll have to upgrade more frequently to the next best. For now I can't wait for the tech upgrade and I'll share more as I immerse myself with 2016 technology
    bgl321 and greynightshirt like this.
    04-08-2016 07:55 AM
    I'm not sure why you have such an obnoxious attitude toward anyone who actually likes the device. By the way, I got the S6 Edge Plus the day it was released and after 7 months, no sign of burn in. So you're full of it.

My S6 Edge Plus has burn in, as does my Note 5. You just don't know what to look for. ALL AMOLED DEGRADES over time. Why do you think your AOD on the S7 Edge moves around every few seconds? Samsung is well aware that the Always on Display will burn out those pixels VERY quickly if it didn't do this. In fact, put a grey blank screen over the S6 Edge Plus and you'll see smudges or array of colors because it can't properly display greyscale anymore.

The Note 5 I have is much worse, with a very obvious burn in bar across the notification. Actually, it's because that area is usually black and the life span of the AMOLED is less degraded than the rest of the display.

Normal users may not notice the difference after 1 year, but please don't insult people's intelligence. AMOLED is not durable and degrades in quality quite quickly. AMOLED is pointless on a tiny display because most people will not doing any extensive work on their small phones, it's much more useful on a giant TV due to the black levels and lack of static images.
    04-08-2016 09:12 AM
    The S7 and S7 Edge use standard USB so that they can be compatible with the gear VR headset. How's the iPhone working out 4 virtual reality? Oh that's right... if you can't tell the difference between an AMOLED screen and other screens on a device as small as a phone, you need to get your eyes checked. Ask for your claim that Samsung is always six months behind with security updates, please explain to me how it is that T-Mobile users of the Samsung devices got the April security update a couple of days before Nexus owners did.

T-Mobile probably got the security update to fix early bugs. Verizon is on February Update. AT&T is probably on February as well. In a few months, Samsung (US Devices) will definitely be 4-6 months behind Nexus.

VR... right, as if that's a real point of contention right now (it's not).

I can tell AMOLED from LCD. AMOLED usually has oversaturated punchy colors and better black levels. I'll take the True RGB Color Gamut of the iPad Pro LCD over AMOLED any day.
    04-08-2016 09:18 AM
    I've owned every iPhone except for the 5 and 6. Currently, I have the 5S, 6+, 6S and the 6S+.

The S7 Edge is the first Android phone that has made me actually put all of those iPhones back in their boxes and put them in a drawer. I haven't used them in a month.

To me, nothing beats the screen quality as well as everything else the S7 Edge brings. This is the phone I've been waiting for all these years.

Apple is rumored to be going with AMOLED displays for the 7. Hopefully that is true.
    JHStewart1023 likes this.
    04-08-2016 09:33 AM
    I want to take a 30m car ride with both phones at zero battery and plug them both in to see which one chargers faster.

Your telling us the iPhone will win that battle? Doesn't it take close to three hours to charge the 6s plus?
    6s plus will charge in about 2 - 2.5 hours @ 2A Charger, and a S7 Edge will alway require almost 2 hours @ Quick Charge 2.0. Both require special chargers (Samsung requires not only a 2A charger but also a Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 compatible charger)
    rdubmu likes this.
    04-08-2016 09:34 AM
    I should also point out that I bought the 6S+ and the 6S in December so it hasn't been that long since I bought them and I already quit using them.
    flintlock likes this.
    04-08-2016 09:43 AM
    I've owned every iPhone except for the 5 and 6. Currently, I have the 5S, 6+, 6S and the 6S+.

The S7 Edge is the first Android phone that has made me actually put all of those iPhones back in their boxes and put them in a drawer. I haven't used them in a month.

To me, nothing beats the screen quality as well as everything else the S7 Edge brings. This is the phone I've been waiting for all these years.

Apple is rumored to be going with AMOLED displays for the 7. Hopefully that is true.
    Well Apple already uses AMOLED on the Apple Watch. They could use AMOLED if they wanted to, and it doesn't seem like it's going to happen any time soon.

Every Apple display is usually a top rated display from Retina iMacs to iPads, and AMOLED is not used by industry professionals. I do not want AMOLED on my devices that will be showing a lot of static images due to AMOLED degradation, but don't mind it on stuff like TVs or watches.
    04-08-2016 09:47 AM
    So I get you like some of but dislike most of the S7, note 5 and s6 lines and want to keep telling everyone in the Samsung forum about how apples hardware and ecosystem is superior to everything.

I am just not getting what your after with this thread at this point. I would imagine most in this forum are here because they chose Samsung not apple.
    dc52ltr, willy 4 and nate wilborn like this.
    04-08-2016 10:00 AM
    Jinzen just has an answer for everything. Lol
    04-08-2016 10:09 AM
    6s plus will charge in about 2 - 2.5 hours @ 2A Charger, and a S7 Edge will alway require almost 2 hours @ Quick Charge 2.0. Both require special chargers (Samsung requires not only a 2A charger but also a Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 compatible charger)
    You are so full of it. LOL. My Edge charges 1% per minute almost exactly almost every time. So getting from 0 to 100 takes a little over an hour and a half.

There's a video on YouTube you should look up, comparing the fast charge time on the iPhone 6s vs. OnePlus 2 vs. The Moto X pure. In an hour's time, both the Moto X and even the 1 + 2. / 60% charge. Meanwhile, the iPhone 6s chugged along and and I believe got 39%.
    04-08-2016 11:32 AM
    Wow if someone dislikes Android/ Samsung so much I wonder why they buy them. I came from a Samsung but all the iPhone users in my family that I have shown my phone to were so impressed they are switching as soon as possible.
    04-08-2016 11:36 AM
    Wow if someone dislikes Android/ Samsung so much I wonder why they buy them. I came from a Samsung but all the iPhone users in my family that I have shown my phone to were so impressed they are switching as soon as possible.
    YOU SHOULD also be disgusted the fact that your Android device is 1/2 a year outdated from Google Updates.

People who USE Android should be more outraged by its inadequacies so Google and Samsung actually have an incentive to fix them.
    04-08-2016 11:56 AM
    YOU SHOULD also be disgusted the fact that your Android device is 1/2 a year outdated from Google Updates.

People who USE Android should be more outraged by its inadequacies so Google and Samsung actually have an incentive to fix them.
    Outdated as compared to what? The majority of Android phones? Are you deluded to believe that the majority are on marshmallow? The Note 5 and S6 Edge Plus are getting updated to marshmallow across the globe right now. That makes them more up-to-date than 95% of Android phones in the world. By the way, where is your disdain for every phone in the world besides Samsung flagships for not yet having split screen functionality.
    coronaboy10 likes this.
    04-08-2016 12:29 PM
    Wireless charging is convenient, hardly a key feature. Especially since S7 Edge uses a non-reversible USB.
    Fast Charging is the same on the iPhone. Takes the same amount of time to charge, if not less time on the iPhone @ 2A.
    Far superior screen tech? Like AMOLEDs that eventually burn in and wink out over time and turn to yellow? Besides some power saving, AMOLED is pointless on a tiny device like a phone. Looks nice on a 70" TV though, still, NOT a superior tech that has a definite lifespan to the organic diodes that degrade quickly over time. I'll take the iPad Pro's LCD ANY DAY.

I might be biased though. I own a Note 5, S7 Edge, Macbook Pro, an iPad Pro and an iPad Mini. Android has NO features I prefer, and ONLY drawbacks to being an inferior operating system. The only redeeming factors are the device themselves, with superior cameras, Samsung pay, beautiful design, SD card etc. The software honestly is an embarrassment to Google, (and Samsung), as they still don't even control their own security updates from the carriers and are always 6 months behind the Nexus phones.
    Well see .. That is your opinion and it is okay but to generalize that "No one customizes" and stuff is pretty false. Just go look at any home screen stickies we have in various forums and look how drastically different people's setups are. .
    coronaboy10 likes this.
    04-08-2016 12:38 PM
    Mod Note - Let's all take it down a notch. I cleaned up some posts that weren't really needed. Civil discussions are good -- going down the troll/insult road isn't.
    04-08-2016 12:51 PM
    doubt your samsung will last 7 years like the 3gs, apple is king when it comes to durability.

I don't care for the 6 and 6s shape but I will never knock apple, they build reliable phones tat last a long time.
    04-08-2016 01:54 PM
    Outdated as compared to what? The majority of Android phones? Are you deluded to believe that the majority are on marshmallow? The Note 5 and S6 Edge Plus are getting updated to marshmallow across the globe right now. That makes them more up-to-date than 95% of Android phones in the world. By the way, where is your disdain for every phone in the world besides Samsung flagships for not yet having split screen functionality.
    Oh PLEASE. Lol, my S6 Edge Plus is on like November Security update from Verizon, and is NOT on Marshmallow. Apple devices are up to date across the board.
    04-08-2016 02:05 PM
    Well since the iPhone 3GS has not been out seven years yet, I'm not sure how you can make that statement. But regardless, I suppose that's only relevant to a person who plans to keep their phone for 7 years. If someone only plans to keep their phone for 2 years or 3 years, and they only need a phone that will endure 2 years or 3 years, don't they?

04-08-2016 02:19 PM
    I've had many iPhone in the past. But I've upgraded from the Microsoft Lumia 950 xl.

I like this phone a lot. But one thing that I do notice is the occasional lag. When scrolling up and down in Internet or chrome, it kind of stutters and isn't as smooth as it should be.

And when I type, they keyboard can't keep up with my speed.

04-08-2016 09:26 PM
    Having used iOS for several years, and still using an iPad, what's made me take notice are two things:

Security updates: having the carrier act as some sort of malignant goaltender between me and a security update is vexing. My Rogers-sourced S7E is still on the February security patch, while the April version is rolling out.

App features: I've found two apps which offer features in iOS not available on my Android device. The first is Sleep Cycle alarm clock; I've loved this app since the day I installed it on my iP4 over 5 years ago. On later versions in iOS, the app uses the phone's mic to detect movement during sleep. This allows you to set the device on your nightstand. In the current Android version, the app uses the phone's accelerometer, as it did 5 years ago in iOS. This requires the device to be physically in the bed next to you.

The second app, and the more puzzling of the two, is Google maps. I started a thread about this elsewhere, but in essence the current Android app is not able to broadcast navigation prompts to your connected vehicle as a BT phone call (which would interrupt whichever audio source your music is coming from at the time.)

In the last version on iOS, the option was available in settings to "Play nav prompts as a BT phone call", but it's absent here; I must be listening to music/audio via BT streaming if I want to hear navigation prompts while driving.

I can set the app to play prompts over the device's built-in speaker, but that's a really half-assed solution if you ask me.

I've also noticed more general 'flakiness' in the OS. This is remedied with a restart, but that's something I've rarely had to perform on an iOS device.
    jdfry15 likes this.
    04-08-2016 10:13 PM
    I can't believe that with two of the best phones I have ever owned, the Note 5 and the S7 edge, that it is still a problem where installing an app can drain the battery on either one of these phones i n 7-8 hrs. I have never EVER had that problem on an iPhone.

For the past few days, I have had the AT Bat app installed on my S7 Edge which runs Marshmallow. The battery life is still excellent. I texted someone all night and with 1 day, 6 hrs standby, I have 5 hrs, 15 screen time.

I installed the same app on my Note 5 running Lollipop on Thursday and after unplugging from the charger and leaving it at home just sitting here doing nothing, the battery was at 43% in just 7 hrs. The battery graph looked like a ski slope. After deleting that app, the graph was almost a straight line across after two hours of standby.

Why is this still a problem today? I just don't get it.
    04-09-2016 07:22 AM
    I switched from the 6S and haven't looked back. Outside of the nagging SD card notification issue, the S7 edge is the first Android phone that hasn't had me thinking of switching back to Apple. Take the plunge, you won't regret it. This is coming from someone who has owned every iPhone iteration since the 3GS.

04-09-2016 07:42 AM
    I come from 6 plus. Screen beauty... customise... got nice theme and keyboard. Icon put where and 6 on dock... lol
    04-09-2016 07:51 AM
153 1234 ...