04-16-2017 10:50 AM
125 12345
tools
    Love the phone, ONLY thing killing me is it's hyper sensitive. Windows and apps seem to open on their own, whenever handling the phone, it gets annoying. I'm not a hater, but it is annoying.....I can't be the only one this happens to? I put the phone down, all of a sudden the telephone dialer opens up, etc. HYPER-SENSITIVE.
    05-03-2016 01:52 PM
    Perhaps this won't be an issue once you put the phone in a case?
    05-04-2016 08:43 AM
    In a Spigen Thin fit
    05-04-2016 09:18 AM
    Ok...I love this phone, it's smoking fast the screen is just amazing and love the size. Too many things to list.

You know what I hate...BATTERY. what am I doing wrong. I have never had good battery life on any phone. WHY?

Here is what I have on:
    Wifi
    BT (I have a smart watch(
    GPS (use it for Google location for work)

I uninstalled FB, gmail, and Inbox. I use gmail from chrome. I roughly have 70 apps installed. I use hangouts because of work, so I use it for all my SMS too.

I did a factory reset from recovery last night to see if that helped battery life. NOT!!

I am seeing people getting 7+ hrs SOT..WHAT how is that possible? I want to be able to use my phone , not turn everything off...how are they doing it?

Today I was at 10% battery left and 2:23 Screen on Time, WTF? Android System was at 26% of battery consumption.

Any advise will help...there should be no way I can't get at least 4hrs scene time on this 3600mH battery.

I
    05-04-2016 11:02 PM
    Ok...I love this phone, it's smoking fast the screen is just amazing and love the size. Too many things to list.

You know what I hate...BATTERY. what am I doing wrong. I have never had good battery life on any phone. WHY?

Here is what I have on:
    Wifi
    BT (I have a smart watch(
    GPS (use it for Google location for work)

I uninstalled FB, gmail, and Inbox. I use gmail from chrome. I roughly have 70 apps installed. I use hangouts because of work, so I use it for all my SMS too.

I did a factory reset from recovery last night to see if that helped battery life. NOT!!

I am seeing people getting 7+ hrs SOT..WHAT how is that possible? I want to be able to use my phone , not turn everything off...how are they doing it?

Today I was at 10% battery left and 2:23 Screen on Time, WTF? Android System was at 26% of battery consumption.

Any advise will help...there should be no way I can't get at least 4hrs scene time on this 3600mH battery.

I
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...tery-life.html
    05-05-2016 11:25 AM
    Positives with negatives
    1. Form factor is good. Wouldn't call it great though. Edges are still too thin to feel very comfortable in my hands. S7 feels better.
    2. Display is excellent and is the best I have seen and used. No negatives
    3. Edge features are mostly a gimmick for me. I can keep all those things on my next screen and can access by easier swipe than trying to swipe that thin handle to get the edge screens and again may have to swipe more if the shortcut u kept there is not on the edge screen u opened.
    4. Battery life is very good. No complaints there.
    5. Camera ... Ya. It's good. It's excellent in terms of resolution and low light capability, fast focusing etc etc. But as a photography enthusiast, I'm not happy with exposure. It overexposes most of the times. Skies look washed out and u won't see white clouds in blue sky. Night pics look like day. Shadows don't look like they should. Those burnt pixels u can't bring back by post processing. That's my only gripe with camera. My Nexus 6P exposure is always better
    6. Software is okay. But I'm on Nova. No crashes yet. Works great...as of now. My apprehension is with OS updates. Producing and marketing a phone with great features is nice. But if u don't support it later with timely updates ? Let's wait n see
    MoshuXXL likes this.
    05-11-2016 11:24 AM
    Positives with negatives
    1. Form factor is good. Wouldn't call it great though. Edges are still too thin to feel very comfortable in my hands. S7 feels better.
    2. Display is excellent and is the best I have seen and used. No negatives
    3. Edge features are mostly a gimmick for me. I can keep all those things on my next screen and can access by easier swipe than trying to swipe that thin handle to get the edge screens and again may have to swipe more if the shortcut u kept there is not on the edge screen u opened.
    4. Battery life is very good. No complaints there.
    5. Camera ... Ya. It's good. It's excellent in terms of resolution and low light capability, fast focusing etc etc. But as a photography enthusiast, I'm not happy with exposure. It overexposes most of the times. Skies look washed out and u won't see white clouds in blue sky. Night pics look like day. Shadows don't look like they should. Those burnt pixels u can't bring back by post processing. That's my only gripe with camera. My Nexus 6P exposure is always better
    6. Software is okay. But I'm on Nova. No crashes yet. Works great...as of now. My apprehension is with OS updates. Producing and marketing a phone with great features is nice. But if u don't support it later with timely updates ? Let's wait n see
    To avoid overexposure: You need to tap an object you want to expose for in the image and leave your finger there just a few seconds. This allows the camera to adjust the exposure. On its own, the camera often exposes for the darkest part of the image. I'm a photo enthusiast, and I've taken excellent night and daytime images with this phone. In addition, for sunsets and night images, you should try pro mode, which gives you the option of changing the white balance (cloudy works great for such shots) and other settings, as well as the option of shooting RAW.
    MoshuXXL and jimd1050 like this.
    05-15-2016 10:05 AM
    The one thing I hate the MOST about this phone is the fact that they removed "open with..."

It's so irritating having to reset all my preferences just because I pressed the wrong app to open with.
    05-18-2016 03:43 PM
    The one thing I hate the MOST about this phone is the fact that they removed "open with..."

It's so irritating having to reset all my preferences just because I pressed the wrong app to open with.
    There is an app on Play called Better Open with. Free as I recall, and you click that in place of the app you want default. Better Open with becomes the default and allows you to choose between apps.
    05-18-2016 04:06 PM
    Thanks
    05-18-2016 04:40 PM
    In love actually- this is the best galaxy series phone ever. It's what the 6 should've been but fell flat. Don't get me wrong I loved my 6 but the 7 I find myself not being able to put it down. And now that they have the Samsung upgrade every year.. I'm excited to see what rolls out next.

Posted via the Android Central App
    The only thing the S6 had stopping it from being the perfect phone was the battery
    05-19-2016 10:24 PM
    My only dislike/issue with it after having it just under a month is that mine has a glitch that is causing the recent apps soft key to trigger by itself randomly throughout the day... And I'm not going to dare return it before my S2 arrives and risk losing that... I'm not a fan of how sensitive the screen is but I can adapt to that. I can't adapt to a rogue soft key... lol
    S2?
    05-20-2016 12:28 AM
    S2?
    From the VR/Gear S2 promo Verizon ran back when the phone was first released.
    love4speechless likes this.
    05-20-2016 06:46 AM
    From the VR/Gear S2 promo Verizon ran back when the phone was first released.
    Thanks. In my mind S2= Samsung Galaxy S2 lol
    05-20-2016 10:25 AM
    Let's be honest.....I was NEVER a fan of the Samsung Galaxy series. They just never did it for me for some reason. Maybe it was Samsung trying to shove their software down my throat or just the looks, but I didn't like them. After leaving Windows Phone to return to Android, I went with the LG G3 and then the LG G4. I was very happy and content and was even waiting on the LG G5 to be my next purchase. One day, my LG G4 got stuck in the reboot loop, and I was out and about with the family and in my position as an IT manager, I needed my phone....ANY phone.

The LG G5 wasn't out yet, and I"m a flagship snob so I picked up the S7 Edge. Man, this thing is amazing. Bringing back the external storage was a huge plus. I popped in my 128GB memory card and I"m good to go. The camera is super quick and while I haven't compared the two, I'm sure it gives the G5 a run for its' money. The phone heats up like a beast when using the VR goggles, however, so that is a concern, but this thing with an Obliq slim fitting clear case is on point. Slides in and out of my front and rear pockets with ease. And this battery life? Amazing. I still carry my external 10,000 mAh battery pack, but that's so that I can charge it up when needed, which has been never at this point.

I'll be putting the battery to the test this weekend as I'm attending all 4 days of Megacon here in Orlando and it will be my one and only camera I have with me. So, between taking pics and uploading them immediately to social media, I'm sure to put a hurting on it and may actually need to do a recharge at some point. I think it'll be a good showing of just how well this thing performs.
    MoshuXXL likes this.
    05-24-2016 06:39 AM
    One month into use now. I'm a fairly heavy user, so I'm getting anywhere around 14-17hrs for this thing, which is amazing since My Note 2 used to get 12-14hrs before it needed charging.

The camera is awesome. Great quality, especially since I take a lot of pictures of specimens and text and handwritten notes. The fast focus helps a lot in making things easier.

Mostly my complaints are on software in general. It disabled my favorite "battery saver", since GreenPower can't toggle data anymore as I needed it. I used to have it turning on every 30min to let any IM messages or emails in that may be important, but keeping data off most of the time to help save battery. Now I have to keep data on indefinitely, to have those come in. And they broke Lightflow! I know there's a work around. Haven't gotten around to doing it yet. But it's annoying.
    05-24-2016 09:06 AM
    One month in and I'm very satisfied with most aspects of this phone. Lately, battery life has been kind of lame and I've "only" been able to squeeze a little over three hours of screen on time on weekdays with about 20-ish hours of total battery time before the phone is at around 5% because "media server" decides to be a total ***** and sucks the mAh's right out of my phone, but overall it has given me the best SoT's out of all the phones I've used.

Almost all aspects of this phone are amazing, from the display right down to the fingerprint reader, with my only digs being that the software is still not great (that notification window is out of control with those huge, static widgets) and the glass-on-glass combo is smudgy as hell and has accumulated a few nicks here and there despite me babying the hell out of it. I attribute this to dust and such not playing nice with glass. Aside from that, stellar phone...
    MoshuXXL likes this.
    05-25-2016 08:15 AM
    Is anyone having an issue with ghost music? My s7 Edge started playing some random song while I'm on a walk in the woods. I actually forgot I had my phone with me until this awful music....nothing I had in a library or anything. I checked Wi-Fi....off. I checked the Apps that were running...nothing that I can find. Recently opened apps-closed all. Still the music! I finally turned off the phone & restarted. Music was gone, but no idea why this would happen. Thoughts or suggestions?
    05-25-2016 08:46 PM
    I have a problem where stuff just gets turned off. Last night i went to show someone my edge screen and features and all my edge panels and stuff were turned off in settings.I did not turn them off. Another setting I forget what it was a while back got turned off before and I had not turned it off. This has happened to me a few times but I still love this phone it's great. I read now they are going to call the new Note the Note 7 to not confuse people thinking the 7 is the newest but I am not sure if that's true.
    06-01-2016 10:45 AM
    This is my exact situation. Had an iPhone since the 3G, then got the S7 edge two months ago and I will never go back. One of the best decisions I've ever made. Way better IMO than the iPhone.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-01-2016 10:56 PM
    I love this phone for 2 things, the screen and camera. It absolutely unmatched in that category now. Samsung has finally managed to Iron out the kinds in its software, it just works without any lag. Unhappiness ? minor, some apps tend to experience frame-rate drops. You would think with hardware like this it would just run smooth.
    MoshuXXL likes this.
    06-16-2016 12:05 PM
    Dark transluscent lines apprears on the screen
    07-19-2016 11:16 AM
    The camera rock solid, as a professional photographer I know what the "mega pixels" marketing hype is, and thought I don't use samsung dslr for my work yet 😆 this s7 edge will replace my back up dslr, The phone reception is dependable as I have once on an assignment with my mate in a rural area, we're both on the same carrier, he is using that fruit phone and well he had to use my phone to call our client, just to compare my primary camera which equal to thirty s7 edge price have 16MP and I am happy with s7 edge 12MP camera as my backup fast shooting draw 🏹
    HMBgal and LineKill like this.
    07-20-2016 07:53 PM
    I slightly dropped it and it broke, after 1 week from buying it!?!? It's crazy I will have to pay another 300 euro or more to fix it. Sorry I dropped my iPhone a million times but never a sratch. It's not worth all this money. I will probably sell it and never again advice a Samsung to anyone.!
    08-18-2016 07:53 AM
    Just did a Google search on dropped iphone cracked glass and got nearly a half million hits. Yours must be the only one that didn't crack.
    ticketbabe2 likes this.
    08-19-2016 06:45 AM
125 12345