04-16-2017 10:50 AM
125 ... 2345
tools
    I think you're lucky if you drop any phone and it doesn't smash.
    08-19-2016 10:26 AM
    Ok...I love this phone, it's smoking fast the screen is just amazing and love the size. Too many things to list.

You know what I hate...BATTERY. what am I doing wrong. I have never had good battery life on any phone. WHY?

Here is what I have on:
    Wifi
    BT (I have a smart watch(
    GPS (use it for Google location for work)

I uninstalled FB, gmail, and Inbox. I use gmail from chrome. I roughly have 70 apps installed. I use hangouts because of work, so I use it for all my SMS too.

I did a factory reset from recovery last night to see if that helped battery life. NOT!!

I am seeing people getting 7+ hrs SOT..WHAT how is that possible? I want to be able to use my phone , not turn everything off...how are they doing it?

Today I was at 10% battery left and 2:23 Screen on Time, WTF? Android System was at 26% of battery consumption.

Any advise will help...there should be no way I can't get at least 4hrs scene time on this 3600mH battery.

I
    The S7E international version with Exynos 8890 can do that and more. In fact the battery is so good, I think any other phone that come out will be a major disappointment. I only return it cause it didn't support the band I needed for 4G LTE. With that said, I bought another phone (Axon 7) instead of the Note 7. Samsung never had great speaker but if the N7 with it IP68 is even worst than my old N3, then forget it. If I can't hear people talk on the phone in my car via speaker, then it does no use for me. I think and hope that N7 has poor sales and Samsung can give the N8 the upgrade it need like the major upgrade from the N2 to N3 and N3 to N4 before they screw their customer over with the N5 and N7.
    08-20-2016 05:10 AM
    I love the design and the fact that it is water resistant...the screen looks amazing to me..and Samsung Pay is so easy to use and is accepted everywhere!
    08-21-2016 09:56 PM
    I'm about 4-6 weeks in use with my one - a dual sim one, fitted with two sims. Previously owned a S3 Mini and before that old style Nokias The screen is beautiful, the images look as though they are painted on, crisp and clear - I could play with it all day if I could think of things to do with it. Nature programmes on things like BBC are epic - I'd watch the S7 edge if I didn't have a 42" HD TV! Battery life seems better than the S3 for what I'm doing with it. I like the edge functions - they are quicker than scrolling the screens and I don't have to flick back to the home screen when done - I keep regular phone contacts and the link the email app. on mine. It Bluetooths seamlessly to my car systems, and various wifi with no trouble a fact that is about the only reason why I've stuck with as since owning it my mobile reception has gone down the drain to the point of unusable. I'm with Virgin, and although I'll admit to being far enough in the sticks to be on the wrong side of pretty poor I have picked up Virgin indoors and outdoors on standard sims without issue for the last 16 years. I've changed the same numbers and provider to nano sims and they haven't picked up reliably at my home address or at my work address (where reception is similarly poor) since owning the phone. If I take it to an airport or a city centre I don't have problems and see good reception for both sims so the phone is def. fully functional, but for some reason this isn't case in areas of poor reception (about 3 miles to the closest mast). I am really surprised that no-one else has posted about this. On another forum they said it could be because a modern smart phone has lower power to something inside?? The calls and messages I've missed so far doesn't bear thinking about. So I have this really flash (and its beautiful) digital life organiser/TV/timewasting toy, but phone? Not unless I visit the 'smoke!!' Does anyone else notice reception problems - there was one posting that mentioned it in passing on this thread. Anyone else?
    Kash 123 likes this.
    08-22-2016 08:03 AM
    I'm an iPhone/iOS transplant. I've been using iPhone's since 2010 and this is my first Android device ever. And I have to say I'm in love. This phone is beautiful and has an impressive screen resolution, battery life, and camera.

I don't use any screen protectors or cases and while I find the phone fairly slippery I have to say it feels very sturdy.

I'm still in the honeymoon stage, so there's not much I dislike at the moment. But one thing that I do find somewhat annoying is the curved edges. While I love that part of the design it can sometimes get in the way of practical use. For example, sometimes when I go to take pictures the phone is unresponsive because of the way I hold the edges. Thankfully I have learned I can just say "shoot" and it does the trick, even if I do look a tad bit silly in public. But it's a minor annoyance and my love of the design and added features of the edge far outweigh it!
    08-26-2016 07:46 AM
    @All - Need some feedback... Plus have a cool opportunity below too

For everyone already rocking a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, you're no doubt 1 month in with the device. We want to know what you like, and perhaps more importantly, what you dislike.

IMPORTANT: You can reply here, but if you want to be a featured fan in our 1-Month later YouTube video, hit us up on Twitter and Instagram with your comment in the form of a video... and make sure you use the hashtag #SamsungGS7AC.

So - what do you like and dislike about the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge? Sound off!
    I love the aesthetics, the handfeel and the running system... However I'd had the phone less than a week when the "gorilla glass" screen spontaneously cracked. Very irritating, as well as severe over heating issues. Having said that, while I'd never go for a curved screen again, still Samsung all the way for running speed, battery life and ease of use
    09-03-2016 08:15 AM
    As a loyal Samsung customer, I'm not happy with the issues I have been having with my S7 Edge. I was conflicted because I really love this phone.

I have been an owner of a S7 Edge for 10 days and it's going right back to the store today. I'm going back to my Note 5. I had defective issues with"moisture detected in USB port" in my s7 Edge. Also, the phone would get overheated very quickly, not to mention that the home button has scratches on it now and is starting to peel. No reason why the home button should have scratches and peeling after such short use. After a few Google searches, it seems like countless others are having problems with each of the issues I described. Tech blogs have reported these problems with the S7 and S7 Edge.

I don't know what's going on with Samsung, but it seems like with this year's phones- there is poor build quality/cheap parts, and poor quality assurance. This isn't the company that I know and love. I love the water resistance feature and the better front face cam on the s7 Edge, but these defects are leaving a poor taste in my mouth. Had my Note 5 for 10 months. No issues whatsoever: no scratches/peeling on home button, doesn't overheat, no glitches with hardware/software...
    09-04-2016 02:42 PM
    In case it is of use to anyone, about 48 hours ago my phone took a big Android update (it had been updated as far as possible prior to that). Since that update, I've had 3-4 bars showing on both SIMS in both of the two areas where I had previously had problems. It seems like the android update has fixed the reception issue strange though that sounds. If anyone has a phone that didn't update around 48 hours ago it might worth checking and doing any updates that are outstanding manually - it might fix your reception issues too.
    09-05-2016 04:42 AM
    I didn't make it 30 days, but my two weeks felt that long. Bought an Olympic version for my wife. She wanted her Moto G back after a few days. She kept hitting icons with her fingers, and the phone would auto-install a bunch of stuff that she didn't want, so I used it for a week. Camera = awesome. Screen = awesome. Random things popping up on-screen (unlocked phone) = not awesome. Also, every time I took it out of my pocket, I thought - this thing was almost $800. And then it started lagging from time to time. No Facebook installed either. Returned it to Best Buy before my 14/15 days was up. It felt really good to get back to my 2014 Moto X. Now I've gotta wait for the LG V20 or Pixel phones to come out. Hopefully they're a better experience than the 7 edge.
    09-29-2016 08:25 AM
    I want to thank you for posting this review. I am looking at new phones and this piece has been extremely helpful in my decision making process. Good luck with your phone and I hope it continues to amaze!
    09-30-2016 01:07 PM
    Does anyone else find the edges distracting? When used outdoors all I get is glare right on the screen where the edge bends and interferes with the page I'm looking at.
    10-17-2016 12:20 PM
    The Edge is the biggest jump in smartphone tech for me since the Galaxy S2. To have a one handed 5.5" phone is phenomenal. Best in class battery, still arguably best in class camera, best in class screen, and best in class payment tech. Replace Touchwiz launcher with Nova and 99% of the nuisances with Touchwiz are gone. This is hands down the best phone I've owned.
    jimd1050 and Law2138 like this.
    10-19-2016 08:56 AM
    Coming by force from the Note 7 this is what I find:
    Like:
    1. Size, display etc.
    2. Samsung Pay - Loop Pay is the bomb!
    3. ANT+ Radio
    4. Overall performance is good
    5. Micro USB (I'm not ready for C)
    6. Camera(s)
    7. Water resistance
    8. Gear compatible

Don't like:
    1. Edge screens even with case break more often when dropped - it's a fact they are more exposed
    2. Why no great speaker(s) in $800 phone?
    3. Overheating quickly in Samsung Gear but not generally other times
    jimd1050 likes this.
    10-19-2016 12:25 PM
    since note 7 literally broke my heart, im getting this!
    10-25-2016 08:18 PM
    The only thing the S6 had stopping it from being the perfect phone was the battery
    My son's five-month-old S6 had to be replaced the battery got so hot I couldn't even hold the phone and it would not turn on again he is one of those rare meticulously careful teenagers his replacement S6 has been doing great though
    11-03-2016 07:11 AM
    Coming from the S5 I have found loads missing No Samsung S link and no there other apps are not a replacement.
    No group camcorder app
    No ability to customizer the messanger app
    Many issues other then hardware can be sorted but they haven't samsung needs to listen to there users
    11-14-2016 04:13 AM
    I'm coming from the s5 and I must say I'm very impressed with my new s7 edge, got it at B&H when I was on a 15 days trip to NYC, I own the exynos international version, and the battery duration is pretty much impressive, the design of the phone is beautiful (I have the gold color) and the edges accentuates the beauty of the phone, is very fast compared to my old s5, it never had any lag I have a lot of apps installed, love the ultra fast camera and the beautiful amoled screen.

What I don't like is that the phone looks very fragile to drops and im being extra careful to not let it slip from my hands and I always take it out from my pocket with extra caution, never cared about that with my old s5, I dropped that phone countless times and thankfully the screen neither the camera glass cracked once, hope samsung or corning makes a stronger glass for future phones like the s8 edge or s9 edge
    11-14-2016 08:50 PM
    2. Why no great speaker(s) in $800 phone?
    Because no matter how much extra the manufacturer spends (and charges us) for great speakers, the stereo separation will be inadequate because the speakers are only 6" apart. So we may as well settle for an inexpensive mediocre speaker and use earphones when we want good sound quality.
    Philip Grombliniak likes this.
    11-18-2016 07:57 AM
    Time flies.I just noticed that I have owned my s7 edge for a month.
    Philip Grombliniak likes this.
    11-18-2016 09:37 PM
    It will be two months next week since I got my S7 edge. After going through both note 7 recalls I'm glad that I was able to find another phone that turned out to be a suitable replacement for me . I'm happy I gave the S7 edge a chance.
    12-05-2016 02:58 PM
    This thread has helped me out sooooooo much, you don't even know!! I am actually looking into buying one myself. I was gonna get the note 7, but we all know how that turned out..!
    12-08-2016 09:27 AM
    I'm coming from.the Note 7 and from the LG V20. Ive had this for a couole weeks now. This S7Edge certainly can hold its own! I miss the Note 7 yes, but this Edge is awesome in its own right. Keeps up with my needs and has a lot of great features.
    12-08-2016 09:51 AM
    This is my 1st android phone so I'm still learning. Iphones are alot easier to learn. I'm frustrated trying to get my 7 edge to work right. Im always getting locked out of my phone. Says fingerprint no match. Tried getting my iTunes songs on this device and then you then have to download Go launcher app to use it which then makes you change your account set up, theme, etc. But the 2 biggest problems i dont.like is ...on easy mode you can't organize your icons so you have to search to find them. And the BIGGEST complaint is when you TRY to open an app, the ADS make it impossible to even use the app.!! That alone makes me want to throw it in the ocean !! I got so frustrated with all the ads popping up while i was trying to set up my accounts i needed to use , that I just gave up! iPhone never had ads pop up to the extreme that you couldn't use your opened app! Now I'm only using the phone for emergency calls and texts. And yes ... I've spent hours and hours trying to fix problems. Even reset the phone to factory specs. If there's a certain set up app I could use that doesnt have ads popping up every 2 seconds I may be able to use this phone after all
    12-14-2016 06:26 PM
    This is my 1st android phone so I'm still learning. Iphones are alot easier to learn. I'm frustrated trying to get my 7 edge to work right. Im always getting locked out of my phone. Says fingerprint no match. Tried getting my iTunes songs on this device and then you then have to download Go launcher app to use it which then makes you change your account set up, theme, etc. But the 2 biggest problems i dont.like is ...on easy mode you can't organize your icons so you have to search to find them. And the BIGGEST complaint is when you TRY to open an app, the ADS make it impossible to even use the app.!! That alone makes me want to throw it in the ocean !! I got so frustrated with all the ads popping up while i was trying to set up my accounts i needed to use , that I just gave up! iPhone never had ads pop up to the extreme that you couldn't use your opened app! Now I'm only using the phone for emergency calls and texts. And yes ... I've spent hours and hours trying to fix problems. Even reset the phone to factory specs. If there's a certain set up app I could use that doesnt have ads popping up every 2 seconds I may be able to use this phone after all
    Wow...iPhones are fine devices (I've had quite a few or them - so I'm not here to bash either eco system) but I've never had any issues with ads popping up on the S7E. Sounds very odd, hopefully you find a resolution....it's a great device.
    12-18-2016 07:05 PM
    Wow...iPhones are fine devices (I've had quite a few or them - so I'm not here to bash either eco system) but I've never had any issues with ads popping up on the S7E. Sounds very odd, hopefully you find a resolution....it's a great device.
    +1

Sounds like you might just have chosen some shoddy free apps. Many apps get rid of the ads if you buy the full version. Also, ads and notifications can be turned off in some apps settings/options menus.

I have no issues with ads or notifications and I have dozens and dozens of apps. There is just a bit more of a learning curve with Android as it isn't so dumbed down and basic like iOS. Just stick with it and you will eventually be a pro Android user.
    12-21-2016 12:59 PM
125 ... 2345