Samsung Galaxy S7 edge - 1 Month Later

paridge

May 20, 2012
Visit site
You can solve that by changing the exposure for the sky. Just hold your finger on the sky for a few seconds to change the exposure. Additionally, to get better colors, you can go into pro mode to change the white balance to cloudy, which is often used for photographing sunsets.

DonnyD520

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
i still love the phone

my only complaint is they removed the "IR blaster" , which allowed you to use your phone as a remote control for your tv.

MartinMPL

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
It is the first none Nexus device that hasn't driven me mad within a few days/weeks! Theming is a great feature and alongside GNL I'm happy.

Design is great
Camera is the best I've used
Battery life is absolutely stellar, a real win.
The screen is beautiful.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I love everything about this phone. I still tell people how great it is and it's the best phone me and my husband have ever had considering we had 6 previous HTC's. I love all the gestures and using your palm to screenshot and my screen stays on when looking at it works for me. I also like waving my palm to turn on phone. The camera palm gesture doesn't always work for me so I say cheese LOL! I like the AOD and the themes. Camers is amazing our M9 was horrible. We took video and pics at Garth Brooks the other night and at REO the night before they were great. I love the battery on this thing too and the screen is great. I too wish their was a good tempered glass screen protector where it wont mess up no matter what case you use. I am still waiting on Zagg.

tcmiller49

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Owned the s5 and this phone blows it outta the water!! The phone IMO is an absolute beast. Battery life is outstanding,the fluidity of the phone is nice. Love the 2 apps on 1 screen,camera rocks,added extra memory and have all kinds of room for movies ,apps etc.....final answer...if you don"t have it,get it!!!

SocratesRising

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm so torn between the HTC 10 and S7Edge. I'm coming from an HTC M8 - I'm due for an upgrade as of last December and waited this long. Based on initial reviews of the 10, it seems there is a ton of hype behind it, but in reality it is still not quite an S7Edge killer. I'm starting to wonder though, are the online reviewers biased towards the marketing GIANT Samsung - makes it hard to believe since the phone isn't released to the public.

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
As my first phone in years with an actual button for the home key I dislike that very much. Love the phone otherwise. I often use a stylus when using the phone and that does not work well with a physical button. Come on Samsung, get with the program. Use haptic keys that can disappear from front of phone when not needed.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
One month later, this phone is still the best on the market. There's minor gripes here and there, but it's great at pretty much everything. Best in class display, camera, battery life, etc. Fast wireless charging is so useful. So is the water resistance.

When people bring up the HTC 10 now, I kind of feel bad. It just can't match the overall product that Samsung released here. This is the kind of phone that sets the bar for the year and I'm guessing only the iPhone 7, Note 6, and possibly the next Nexus are going to be contenders to it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Me and my husband had every HTC phone since the original EVO from Sprint. We did really like the M7 and then loved the M8. We should of never gone to the M9 cause we didn't care for it wasn't worth the upgrade camera wasn't any good. I knew someone who got the 6 Edge and loved it than I knew someone who got the 6 Edge plus when it came out and it made me want a bigger screen phone. I love HTC and Sense always have but I wanted a change. The M10 seems nice but I wish the screen was going to be a little bigger that is why we went with the Edge. You will love the Edge and the battery is amazing too. Best phone we've ever had and i am not sorry I didn't wait for the M10 I love this phone. But HTC is going to be a good phone too though. So your choice but if it was just the S7/M10 I would of maybe waited but when they did the Edge bigger this year with a bigger battery different from the 6's from last year I wanted it. It's really nice and has so many cool features.

I'm so torn between the HTC 10 and S7Edge. I'm coming from an HTC M8 - I'm due for an upgrade as of last December and waited this long. Based on initial reviews of the 10, it seems there is a ton of hype behind it, but in reality it is still not quite an S7Edge killer. I'm starting to wonder though, are the online reviewers biased towards the marketing GIANT Samsung - makes it hard to believe since the phone isn't released to the public.

SocratesRising

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Me and my husband had every HTC phone since the original EVO from Sprint. We did really like the M7 and then loved the M8. We should of never gone to the M9 cause we didn't care for it wasn't worth the upgrade camera wasn't any good. I knew someone who got the 6 Edge and loved it than I knew someone who got the 6 Edge plus when it came out and it made me want a bigger screen phone. I love HTC and Sense always have but I wanted a change. The M10 seems nice but I wish the screen was going to be a little bigger that is why we went with the Edge. You will love the Edge and the battery is amazing too. Best phone we've ever had and i am not sorry I didn't wait for the M10 I love this phone. But HTC is going to be a good phone too though. So your choice but if it was just the S7/M10 I would of maybe waited but when they did the Edge bigger this year with a bigger battery different from the 6's from last year I wanted it. It's really nice and has so many cool features.
Thanks for the detailed feedback!

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
The EVO was my first real smart phone and it alone made me never want another HTC... By far the worst battery life of any phone I have ever had. Couldn't even make it though an entire work day without a task killer (and barely still with that), and was awful to travel with for the same reason. I hated the stock launcher too. I'm sure their phones are much better now but that phone ruined the brand for me. It's been all Moto or Samsung for me since.

TemporalBeef

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I wish this phone had are front-facing speakers. That was so hard to leave the Nexus 6 over.

Other than that, it's a joy to use day to day. The display is amazing (the COLORS, man!!), the camera is awesome, and the weight is perfect.

At first, I had a hard time using the device because of the edge display's sensitivity. A low-profile case helped with that, but sometimes when I'm using a charger that doesn't fit the case and have to take it out, i get kinda frustrated again.

teristark

May 27, 2014
Visit site
This was my first edge phone. I previously had the s6.

Pros:

1. I absolutely LOVE the screen. The colors are bright and crisp.
2. It is very responsive and I'm still adjusting to how I touch/handle the phone.
3. Unlike my previous Galaxies I haven't had any lag, unexpected shutdowns or freezing.
4. This thing freakin' flies!
5. The sleek shape is very mesmerizing.
6. I can block callers/messages from the call log without using a separate app. Easy peazy.

Cons:

1. I had to sell my first born to afford it. :)
2. The fingerprints...omg...I can never seem to find my screen wiper.
3. I hate that if I want to choose a different app for a particular use I have to go to the settings and change the default. There are some things I set and forget and others I need different apps for ie wallpapers, ringtones. I like how the s6 allowed me to tic off the option to use the same one all the time or choose an app just once.

I have not one single regret or buyer's remorse since day one.

klutz462

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
I have noticed that also. I'm also having problems connecting to 4g verizon network and my calendar is not saving some appointments.

49er_PhD

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
With power saver mode engaged it will stop streaming music or stop shooting a video, even if you don't want it to. Also can't seem to send attached files by email - it takes hours for them to get there. Not pleased with these 'bugs.'

Steelers919

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
@All - Need some feedback... Plus have a cool opportunity below too :)

For everyone already rocking a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, you're no doubt 1 month in with the device. We want to know what you like, and perhaps more importantly, what you dislike.

IMPORTANT: You can reply here, but if you want to be a featured fan in our 1-Month later YouTube video, hit us up on Twitter and Instagram with your comment in the form of a video... and make sure you use the hashtag #SamsungGS7AC.

So - what do you like and dislike about the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge? Sound off!
I
Don't like having to press call button hold it and slide for incoming calls

Sparky0309

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I have had the Samsung S7 edge for awhile. Love it.
HOWEVER, drives me crazy that when I delete an email I have to immediately go to the recycle bin and delete or the email appears back in my inbox. It is something drives me around the bend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12