Samsung Galaxy S7 edge - 1 Month Later

Florida Guy

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Just bought mine at Costco today, trading in my Note5. I cannot believe the deals Verizon are offering.
This $792 (msrp) phone will cost me $4.17/mo. for 24 months with all the credits allowed.
I have only had my Note5 for 13 months, and wasn't looking to buy a new phone, but when I saw this deal,
I had to buy it. I got the black version, and have ordered an Otterbox for it. My Note5 Otterbox was just a little too big.
I haven't even made a call yet, as it is sitting on my quick charging pad. Sure is taking a long time to charge, but I like
the fact that this battery is 20% larger than the N5. Hopefully it will stay hold the charge longer.
BTW... included in this deal was the Gear VR headset. I don't know if this is special just for Costco, but I buy
all my phones at Costco because they always have the best deals/offers.

jejb

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
This is my 1st android phone so I'm still learning. Iphones are alot easier to learn. I'm frustrated trying to get my 7 edge to work right. Im always getting locked out of my phone. Says fingerprint no match. Tried getting my iTunes songs on this device and then you then have to download Go launcher app to use it which then makes you change your account set up, theme, etc. But the 2 biggest problems i dont.like is ...on easy mode you can't organize your icons so you have to search to find them. And the BIGGEST complaint is when you TRY to open an app, the ADS make it impossible to even use the app.!! That alone makes me want to throw it in the ocean !! I got so frustrated with all the ads popping up while i was trying to set up my accounts i needed to use , that I just gave up! iPhone never had ads pop up to the extreme that you couldn't use your opened app! Now I'm only using the phone for emergency calls and texts. And yes ... I've spent hours and hours trying to fix problems. Even reset the phone to factory specs. If there's a certain set up app I could use that doesnt have ads popping up every 2 seconds I may be able to use this phone after all

Check out the Block-This app. It's not on the play store, so you have to side load it. Not hard to do at all. Gets rid of 99.9% of the ads on my phone. And you don't have to root to use it.
https://block-this.com/

jejb

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I've had mine about a month now. Couldn't be more impressed with it. Outstanding battery life, awesome screen and super fluid/fast with no lag. I was really expecting to be somewhat disappointed after the N7, and I do miss the s-pen for sure, but this phone has really impressed me so far.

Florida Guy

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
In the 13 months I owned my N5, I didn't use S pen once. Just like on this phone, I don't see myself using the edge features.
I'll check out the block-this link you sent... thanks.

glock115

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I've had the phone about 3 weeks, love the screen n the weight. However, the battery cannot hold a candle to the iPhone 7 plus. I'm an android guy but the battery on the iPhone has me going back to it.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I've had the phone about 3 weeks, love the screen n the weight. However, the battery cannot hold a candle to the iPhone 7 plus. I'm an android guy but the battery on the iPhone has me going back to it.
^^^^

This, I own both (currently using the S7e) but under normal every day use the IP7+ is noticeably better on battery.

I'm still torn tbh, love the feel of the S7E and that it offers the same size screen as the 7+ in a much smaller footprint. On the flip side though I do like the integrated feel of iOS and other aspects such as the dual lens camera and general slickness of 3rd party apps.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded from the Note 4 and what surprised me most was the massive improvement in the LTE performance. I get a great signal with the S7 Edge in places where the Note 4 got little or no phone signal at all (including 3G). I get 50+Mbps download speed in places where my Note 4 couldn't update email. (Or was my Note 4 defective?)

ticketbabe2

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Just bought mine at Costco today, trading in my Note5. I cannot believe the deals Verizon are offering.
This $792 (msrp) phone will cost me $4.17/mo. for 24 months with all the credits allowed.
I have only had my Note5 for 13 months, and wasn't looking to buy a new phone, but when I saw this deal,
I had to buy it. I got the black version, and have ordered an Otterbox for it. My Note5 Otterbox was just a little too big.
I haven't even made a call yet, as it is sitting on my quick charging pad. Sure is taking a long time to charge, but I like
the fact that this battery is 20% larger than the N5. Hopefully it will stay hold the charge longer.
BTW... included in this deal was the Gear VR headset. I don't know if this is special just for Costco, but I buy
all my phones at Costco because they always have the best deals/offers.
I found that the fast charging pad was not near as fast as the charging cable, which is indeed fast. Disappointing, but it's still easy to set on the pad when not in a hurry. I actually have stopped using the pad as much after getting the tech21 cover which does not connect without removing the cover. The pad may work better with future phones/covers, so def keeping it handy.

stringrazor

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
A case is an absolute MUST! I felt very uneasy holding it before I got a Spigen "case". It's just a slim, hard rubber slip-on but has edges raised enough to somewhat protect the screen. Only costs a couple of $, it should come with one.

Haven't really found the edge display useful.

Much faster and has greater capacity than my G5, no dumb usb port cover to break off either.

Having an issue with voice typing all of a sudden... otherwise, I like it.

Northern.dj

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have been on the S7 Edge for a wile now and hardware is fine but as most are now on Nuggart in the uk on unbranded phones were stuck on marshmellow still, all networks are still on 6.0.1
Now i no before this get the oh you can flash it your self crew yes we no but thats not the point.
Its a flagship phone but samsung seem to think they can hold back a rom to sell another device
The phones in the uk on BTU came direct from samsung so these were press realise and paid for from there website
The stock S7 has now got this
So were is it and why does it take samsung so long
All we as users get is its being rolled out
Why does it need so many differant veriations when google only has one rom for there phones

wxman2003

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
FWIW, the price of the 7 Edge has dropped $100 in price on both the Samsung site and Verizon site. Plus you get a 128 GB memory card from Samsung.

scrondar

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
While I do not use the edge apps (although I have the People edge loaded up with my most used contacts), I LOVE having a screen that size with no bezel. Performance is excellent, battery life very good (with Power Saving on), camera excellent. I would be surprised if I got another phone; I know, that sounds crazy, but I cannot think of a reason to "upgrade" from this one. My brother-in-law is still using his S3 :-\ and just shrugs when I ask if he's ever going to upgrade. Go figure. Samsung got it right with this one, a nice bounce back from the Note 7 debacle. And yes, put this beauty in a case. I know, it'll hide its sleek good looks, but it's just too slick to hold safely. Every so often I take it out of mine just to ogle it.

uw

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Got a ATT version of S7 Edge on cheap. I'm pleasantly surprised how good it is. I really like the size and the edge screen hasn't been that bad. I don't use any of the edge apps and I thought I would get distracted/annoyed by the edge screen, but that hasn't been the case. And after the nougat update, it's running better. Battery life is amazing, getting 4 hours of SOT with about 30% battery still left. To me that's great. Only complaint is the difficulty finding a good tempered glass screen protector. Other than that, I really like this phone. I also have an Honor 8 that I've been going back and forth. Best two phones of 2016. :)

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I got my S7edge about three days ago, and it's all good. It runs great on Tmo, but i'd like some feedback about the upgrade to 7.0. Have their been any major problems? Thanks for any help.:p

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Did the upgrade to 7.0. Absolutely no problems. Stock email, msg, and calendar apps work better that my "third party" ones. I've NEVER gotten my hotmail faster than with the stock email app. It's all good.:p:p:p

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Did the upgrade to 7.0. Absolutely no problems. Stock email, msg, and calendar apps work better that my "third party" ones. I've NEVER gotten my hotmail faster than with the stock email app. It's all good.:p:p:p

I use the stock email also. Personally I try to keep as much as I can stock because I don't want to bog down my phone with 3rd party apps. I will go with 3rd party apps if I find that it work better than stock though.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I use the stock email also. Personally I try to keep as much as I can stock because I don't want to bog down my phone with 3rd party apps. I will go with 3rd party apps if I find that it work better than stock though.
I have similar thoughts as you. I do use the Gmail app though because of it's​ easiness in archiving. If I used email services​ other than just Gmail I would probably just use the stock email app, it does everything I need an email app to do.

I am pretty satisfied with Samsung's stock apps and use them for everything else. I also don't install Facebook, Twitter or other similar apps, I just use the browser.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I got rid of Twitter. There were too many people posting quotes of the day trying to get likes or some kind of response. That got irritating.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay